Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big E not sure what happened but good luck in your future endeavors. To the rest of us in the running relax. I know alot of us myself included are sometimes frustrated with the backward process we find ourselves in. Worrying about it 24/7 and stressing yourself and your local field office out is not gonna change a thing. If they are gonna call you they will call you. My only true advice and the same thing I did when I applied to local law enforcement is have a back up plan or two. I'm taking the LSAT for law school in February and may be getting on my departments ATF taskforce, so if the secret service doesn't want me no big deal. Will I be disappointed sure, but in the end it's their loss and if I get it it makes it that much sweeter. Keep your heads up fellas some of you may be getting some phone calls tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm with you on that. Studying for CPA exam. ... thought about LSAT.... maybe later on down the road.

I've been very surprised with the process. Started Feb 2015 and completed everything in Oct. I am hoping they did it this fast for a reason lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint2069 View Post
        Big E not sure what happened but good luck in your future endeavors. To the rest of us in the running relax. I know alot of us myself included are sometimes frustrated with the backward process we find ourselves in. Worrying about it 24/7 and stressing yourself and your local field office out is not gonna change a thing. If they are gonna call you they will call you. My only true advice and the same thing I did when I applied to local law enforcement is have a back up plan or two. I'm taking the LSAT for law school in February and may be getting on my departments ATF taskforce, so if the secret service doesn't want me no big deal. Will I be disappointed sure, but in the end it's their loss and if I get it it makes it that much sweeter. Keep your heads up fellas some of you may be getting some phone calls tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
        So calls are already going out?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigE View Post
          Don't matter now chipperjones....

Th-th-th-that's all folks. I can officially give up hope now (on this one anyway). It's nice meeting all of you. Regarding what transpired this past weekend, I'm pretty sure the final decision regarding my application was made well before that.

Best of luck bro. Did you officially hear something back from the hiring center?

Comment

• Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 5.09.02 AM.png

I've seen a lot of status changes on USA Jobs over the past year and half for this position and a lot of speculation over what each one means. I've finally gotten a status update that I finally understand!
            Applied - August 2014
            SAEE - December 3, 2014
            Panel Interview - February 19, 2015
            COE - March 12, 2015
            Security Interview - April 16, 2015
            Polygraph - September 1, 2015
            Medical - September 21, 2015
            Background Investigation - October 11, 2015
            Home Interview - October 14, 2015
            The Call™™™™ - November 16, 2015

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!"
            MGen. Frank E. Lowe, US Army; Korea, 26 January 1952

Comment

• Originally posted by First to Fight View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]14182[/ATTACH]

I've seen a lot of status changes on USA Jobs over the past year and half for this position and a lot of speculation over what each one means. I've finally gotten a status update that I finally understand!
              That's one for the wall. How cool.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by JuRam8 View Post
                Best of luck bro. Did you officially hear something back from the hiring center?
                Yup, the usual. Better qualified candidates. I'd like to say I didn't see this coming, but I did. I did so much that I spent the past months while I was in the process actively researching a plan B. Rather than law school or being a CPA, I've been looking into cybersecurity. Found out from an advisor at on particular institution that I would only need to take 12 classes to get another bachelor's, one in Computer Networking and Cybersecurity. If I had known better, I should have done that years ago.

Comment

Yup, the usual. Better qualified candidates. I'd like to say I didn't see this coming, but I did. I did so much that I spent the past months while I was in the process actively researching a plan B. Rather than law school or being a CPA, I've been looking into cybersecurity. Found out from an advisor at on particular institution that I would only need to take 12 classes to get another bachelor's, one in Computer Networking and Cybersecurity. If I had known better, I should have done that years ago.
                  How much more to get your MS instead of another BS?

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I wish you well and good luck on your future endeavors!!

Comment

• You guys sound like OPM on here with your "future endeavors" lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                        How much more to get your MS instead of another BS?

Well, I already have an MA and an MS would be more expensive than a BS. Besides, I can't work on an MS in something computer or cybersecurity related at this point, as I have no real background in an IT. And like I said, it's only 12 classes for me.

On a happier note, I'd really like to hear if you get it. It would give an "older" guy like me some more hope. Just like your other application to another three-letter organization, at a later age, inspired me to keep the faith.

Comment

Well, I already have an MA and an MS would be more expensive than a BS. Besides, I can't work on an MS in something computer or cybersecurity related at this point, as I have no real background in an IT. And like I said, it's only 12 classes for me.

On a happier note, I'd really like to hear if you get it. It would give an "older" guy like me some more hope. Just like your other application to another three-letter organization, at a later age, inspired me to keep the faith.
                          Ah OK well yeah a double bachelor's makes sense in that case then good call.
                          Haha there's room for us crusty folk among the alphabet soup, too. Keep the faith.

Last edited by bayranger; 11-18-2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                            Ah OK well yeah a double a double bachelor's makes sense in that case then good call.
                            Haha there's room for us crusty folk among the alphabet soup, too. Keep the faith.

Actually, in my case, it would be a triple bachelor's. But, whatever, that's not why I'm doing it. I need a skill, not just another "batch" of knowledge. And I've burned up all my GI Bill already, so school is getting expensive at this point. I also chose that because if it doesn't pay off in the special agent world, I'm sure it will help me in the private sector.

Comment

• Anyone that's been through CITP at FLETC can you PM me please
                              Applied - August 2014
                              SAEE - December 3, 2014
                              Panel Interview - February 19, 2015
                              COE - March 12, 2015
                              Security Interview - April 16, 2015
                              Polygraph - September 1, 2015
                              Medical - September 21, 2015
                              Background Investigation - October 11, 2015
                              Home Interview - October 14, 2015
                              The Call™™™™ - November 16, 2015

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!"
                              MGen. Frank E. Lowe, US Army; Korea, 26 January 1952

Comment

Actually, in my case, it would be a triple bachelor's. But, whatever, that's not why I'm doing it. I need a skill, not just another "batch" of knowledge. And I've burned up all my GI Bill already, so school is getting expensive at this point. I also chose that because if it doesn't pay off in the special agent world, I'm sure it will help me in the private sector.
                                How ironic that I accidentally typed "a double" twice up there...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2496 users online. 190 members and 2306 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X