300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    I'll PM you. I've never uttered my location on here. Not that it's impossible to find out but still.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
    Is Dante's 7th Circle really such a big secret that you don't want people to know? If so, my bad for spoiling it for you.

Comment

• If you become a non select at some point during the process, how long do you have to wait before reapplying?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
        Is Dante's 7th Circle really such a big secret that you don't want people to know? If so, my bad for spoiling it for you.
        Mephistopheles asked me to tell you that he's looking forward to meeting you "sooner than later". Whatever that means.

Comment

• At what point during the hiring process do you take the APAT?

Comment

• Originally posted by ca_vet View Post
            At what point during the hiring process do you take the APAT?
            You don't. It has been suspended.

Comment

• Done with home interview. I am a January 2014 applicant from a southwest field office. I just wanted to share my timeline with all of you. It has been a long ride but I'm still hanging in there.

Applied: 01/2014
              Referred: 03/2014
              SAEE: 04/2014
              APAT: Suspended
              SPI: 07/2014
              COE: 07/2014
              SI: 12/2014
              POLY: 4/2015
              MEDICAL: 8/15
              HI: 10/2015
              BI: in progress
              FINAL OFFER: pending

Comment

• Your BI should only take a couple of weeks to "finish" the interviews generally. Of course it'll take a lot longer to actually adjudicate but that won't affect The Callâ„¢ if everything else is clear for you. Congrats on finishing up and good luck awaiting a final offer!

Comment

• Bay, what do you mean by saying it won't affect the Call[emoji769]
                  Applied - August 2014
                  SAEE - December 3, 2014
                  Panel Interview - February 19, 2015
                  COE - March 12, 2015
                  Security Interview - April 16, 2015
                  Polygraph - September 1, 2015
                  Medical - September 21, 2015
                  Background Investigation - October 11, 2015
                  Home Interview - October 14, 2015
                  The Call™™™™ - November 16, 2015

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!"
                  MGen. Frank E. Lowe, US Army; Korea, 26 January 1952

Comment

• I mean you can get a final offer well before your full BI is adjudicated. Most people are half finished with FLETC before theirs is adjudicated.

Comment

• Gotch yah, thanks
                      Applied - August 2014
                      SAEE - December 3, 2014
                      COE - March 12, 2015

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!"

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                        fyi, its coming back. too many new hires were showing up with levels of fitness that were flat out embarassing.
                        Good. Thin out the herd a little! Literally and figuratively.

Comment

• I was giving someone advice about resumes in a dm and thought this would be great for others so here....

If your resume is only a page then you are wrong.
                          In corporate America, yes...one page... in the federal government you need multiple pages. Don't just throw bullsh*t on your resume for the sake of generating pages but you need to do a thorough job of articulating what you bring to the table. I look at the job announcement to understand what they are looking for.

I list all of my past jobs, the job description (what was expected of me) and then, what I accomplished, paying particular attention to what could align with the job description of a special agent.

For example: I am a logistics officer in the military. Instead of going into super detail about how I did logistical sh*t for X amount of years, I instead chose to focus on how military officer have to also do investigations as a collateral duty
                          And spoke in detail about the results and findings of the investigation. That's what aligns with being a Special Agent. As a logistics officer we also deal with budgets and transportation so I went onto detail about the budget and also how I was responsible for conducting motor transport convoys. Instead of using the military terms, I used words like motorcade vs convoy so the person reading it could relate. But even with all of that, the focus was my investigations with me just touching on my (real duties) just to show I'm versatile. In reality I spent about 10% of my career doing investigations and 90 doing my actual job but spent 90 percent talking about the investigations and 10 about the other. You would think I was already an agent by the time I was done.

Now you may say, well dang I wasn't in the military but you can do that with anything. Take sales for instance...think about the time you have to spend building relationships, developing interpersonal skills, building rapport (all things important for networking with the locals and interviews victims, witnesses, and suspects.

Think about the admin crap you have to do and files you have to maintain (important when being an organized case agent who has to present to the AUSA or the DA.)

Think about the sales presentations you have to do for the boss (developing those communication skills that will be vital on the stand during testimony)

Take that yummy steak off the garbage can lid and put that ish on a plate to make it look better than what it really is.

When you are doing the interview, there is no room for modesty if you want to be an agent in any agency. It's all about you you you. Don't be cocky but give yourself all of the credit even if it was a team effort. They don't care about what the team did, its about what you did. Highlight yourself. List your recognition you received if any, per job in the accomplishment section.
                          Last edited by Bronc_smith; 10-19-2015, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                            fyi, its coming back. too many new hires were showing up with levels of fitness that were flat out embarassing.
                            Good thing I've been PTing like a mo-fo. I'm not about to make the same mistake I made when I showed up to the academy for the agency I'm currently in.

Comment

• PT good for you, good for me
                              Applied - August 2014
                              SAEE - December 3, 2014
                              COE - March 12, 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlook View Post
                                Done with home interview. I am a January 2014 applicant from a southwest field office. I just wanted to share my timeline with all of you. It has been a long ride but I'm still hanging in there.

Applied: 01/2014
                                Referred: 03/2014
                                SAEE: 04/2014
                                APAT: Suspended
                                SPI: 07/2014
                                COE: 07/2014
                                SI: 12/2014
                                POLY: 4/2015
                                MEDICAL: 8/15
                                HI: 10/2015
                                BI: in progress
                                FINAL OFFER: pending
                                I am also a Jan 2014 applicant! My Home Interview was months ago.
                                OUT!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20068 users online. 501 members and 19567 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X