300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigE View Post
    I'd like to hear everyone's theory on here regarding why they are opening more announcements, but many of us are still waiting around.
    Find more top tier applicants that are shoo ins for the job before they start dipping into the slightly less than super awesome applicant pool ?

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk

Comment

• Theory: The process takes so long they are constantly piling up applicants that may not necessarily be vying for openings now, but for future openings as agents retire, etc. If they fill all positions and just sit back, they'll be caught with their suit slacks around their ankles when a drove of agents then leave the agency/retire.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
        Theory: The process takes so long they are constantly piling up applicants that may not necessarily be vying for openings now, but for future openings as agents retire, etc. If they fill all positions and just sit back, they'll be caught with their suit slacks around their ankles when a drove of agents then leave the agency/retire.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
        I like this theory better [emoji115]

Comment

• Originally posted by LE_OR_BUST View Post
          I like this theory better [emoji115]

Yeah, because you'd think they'd want trim off the less qualified people as quickly as possible. Why hang on to people for so long just to BQA them late in the game because they get better qualified batches later? Why not just take the best of each batch, and BQA those they don't want as they go along?

Just a theory of course.
          Last edited by BigE; 09-30-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• More job openings to come. Very discouraging to see this sort of thing happen.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-rep-chaffetz/

Comment

• Originally posted by BigE View Post
              Yeah, because you'd think they'd want trim off the less qualified people as quickly as possible. Why hang on to people for so long just to BQA them late in the game because they get better qualified batches later? Why not just take the best of each batch, and BQA those they don't want as they go along?

Just a theory of course.
              Maybe it is because they BQA them for their performance in exams/interviews or for unfavorable things from medical/poly/background investigation rather than "qualifications" from your application. Unless you are a current 1811, I don't see how they can base a BQA just off your qualifications and experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by rolandr5 View Post
                More job openings to come. Very discouraging to see this sort of thing happen.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-rep-chaffetz/
                Stuff like this=worrying about the wrong stuff IMO

I guarantee you the field agents aren't sitting around worried about this or letting this discourage them, so I really don't see why an "applicant" would. It has no bearing on you getting hired so stay motivated.

News stories always look for the negative. This story could have easily been about how the service managed over 200 foreign dignitaries and the pope in multiple cities simultaneously, while still conducting protection and investigations in other parts of the country, flawlessly, but that's not interesting.

My advice to anyone is just focus on what you have to do to make yourself the best candidate for the job. This other stuff is petty and unimportant.
                Last edited by Bronc_smith; 10-01-2015, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                  Stuff like this=worrying about the wrong stuff IMO

I guarantee you the field agents aren't sitting around worried about this or letting this discourage them, so I really don't see why an "applicant" would. It has no bearing on you getting hired so stay motivated.

News stories always look for the negative. This story could have easily been about how the service managed over 200 foreign dignitaries and the pope in multiple cities simultaneously, while still conducting protection and investigations in other parts of the country, flawlessly, but that's not interesting.

My advice to anyone is just focus on what you have to do to make yourself the best candidate for the job. This other stuff is petty and unimportant.
                  I meant more discouraging that this sort of thing still happens in government in general. Not as an applicant.

That being said, I cant really make myself a more valuable candidate at this stage in the process. They know who I am, they know what Ive accomplished, Ive passed the tests/interviews. As with others here, its more a matter of them deciding if and when to proceed with medical, and all other admin stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by rolandr5 View Post
                    I meant more discouraging that this sort of thing still happens in government in general. Not as an applicant.

That being said, I cant really make myself a more valuable candidate at this stage in the process. They know who I am, they know what Ive accomplished, Ive passed the tests/interviews. As with others here, its more a matter of them deciding if and when to proceed with medical, and all other admin stuff.
                    Yeah I feel you, but it's life. There are going to be black eyes everywhere. Definitely won't be the last time something happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                      Yeah I feel you, but it's life. There are going to be black eyes everywhere. Definitely won't be the last time something happens.
                      I for one see it as a positive. It should inspire those who received or think they will receive their BQA letters to let go of any feelings of regret or anger because God always has something better. Have any of you ever seen this picture?

jesus bear.jpg

It reminds me that what I initially wanted was not what God wanted for me and was, therefore, not the best I could possibly have. I know I am getting off topic, but I just could not help but to point out the relation between Chaffetz's past and present dealings with the USSS and alot of applicants current attitude toward the hiring process.

In regards to the article, I wonder why the USSS official think that leaking this information would have been an obstacle for Chaffetz and the committee. What was the logic behind that? If anything, making his constituents aware of his minor personal failure (and I use the term failure loosely and in the least disrespectful way possible) might bode well for Chaffetz politically. His constituents might see him as more relatable. "Wow, a representative was denied a job!" "He is just like us!" It actually makes the Secret Service look petty. Why couldn't they find something that would make a deeper impact like a dead hooker in the trunk or a drug addiction? Just my thoughts.
                      OUT!!

Comment

• I wouldn't look too much into that article, fellas. When you break it down the secret service was concerned about having a senator on the review board that got denied from the secret service back in 2003. It creates a conflict of interest that they are concerned about. If we ever become 1811s, we'll have to think against the grain, so to speak. Starting now is a good time.
                        Last edited by First to Fight ; 10-01-2015, 05:44 PM.
                        Applied - August 2014
                        SAEE - December 3, 2014
                        Panel Interview - February 19, 2015
                        COE - March 12, 2015
                        Security Interview - April 16, 2015
                        Polygraph - September 1, 2015
                        Medical - September 21, 2015
                        Background Investigation - October 11, 2015
                        Home Interview - October 14, 2015
                        The Call™™™™ - November 16, 2015

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!"
                        MGen. Frank E. Lowe, US Army; Korea, 26 January 1952

Comment

• Just got an invitation for the SAEE. August LinkedIn announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuganopolis View Post
                            Just got an invitation for the SAEE. August LinkedIn announcement.
                            Good stuff!! Well that is promising. Hopefully soon I will hear back. While careerbuilder is not an accurate resource, it still says my "Application is Under Review"

Comment

• Yeah so does mine. The exam is early next week too. Luckily I work in spitting distance of the resident office here. From the email there are 5 of us scheduled for it at my RO
                              Last edited by Fuganopolis; 10-01-2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fuganopolis View Post
                                Yeah so does mine. The exam is early next week too. Luckily I work in spitting distance of the resident office here. From the email there are 5 of us scheduled for it at my RO
                                What day is your exam? That's definitely a concern if its cutting it so close and I haven't heard a word.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11691 users online. 440 members and 11251 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X