300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DF22 View Post
    I have received "the call," been given a FLETC date, have been assigned to my field office, and will start at my local field office next week before training. I didn't receive any FETC email so I'm assuming I will get all the information my first day.

The email that was mentioned earlier is an internal USSS email to the field offices that have an individual from their office going through the training course and is not distributed to the trainees. Emails for UD hiring do not get distributed through the official email because all of those names are selected by the UD chain of command at the UD hiring panel, and therefore that is the UD's official notification.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimdvs View Post
      The email that was mentioned earlier is an internal USSS email to the field offices that have an individual from their office going through the training course and is not distributed to the trainees. Emails for UD hiring do not get distributed through the official email because all of those names are selected by the UD chain of command at the UD hiring panel, and therefore that is the UD's official notification.
      Jimdvs,

Thanks for the post--I assumed it was internal since all correspondence throughout the process is always phone or letter. Just wanted to be sure though. Thanks again.

Comment

• New to the board and wanted to post my processing timeline for reference.

7/07 - Application, Initial Interview, TEA
        8/07 - Panel Interview
        9/07 - Polygraph
        10/07 - Medical/Background
        11/07 - Medical Followup (Lasik), Home Interview, Drug Test
        Present - Waiting

Good luck to all.

Comment

• I'm also new to posting here but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to my progress.
          04/07 Application
          06/07 initial interview
          08/07 TEA
          10/07 Panel Interview
          11/07 Medical
          01/08 Have Polygraph on the 2nd, kinda nervous
          04/07-Turned in Application
          06/07-Initial Interview
          08/07-TEA Exam
          10/07-Panel Interview
          11/07-Medical Exam
          01/08-Polygraph
          01/08-Start BI

Comment

• Hello everyone and happy new year!!
            I am new to this board and found this board valuable to answering my questions. I have also recently submitted for the USSS as a SA. I haven't heard nothing yet, but probably due to the holidays. I hope. But one question I have searched and have not been clear on is the TEA exam study guide. Is there any study guides that are better than others? thanks for the input in advance. And good luck to all.

Comment

• I used the "Master the TEA Exam" study guide from ARCO and really liked it. It was very helpful and also provides some good application material in it too. You can find it pretty reasonably priced on the web. I didn't use any of the other ones so I can only really speak to the ARCO guide.

Comment

• Well got done with my polygraph. Wow...that was brutal.
                06/07-Initial Interview
                08/07-TEA Exam
                10/07-Panel Interview
                11/07-Medical Exam
                01/08-Polygraph
                01/08-Start BI

Comment

• Originally posted by jasona View Post
                  Well got done with my polygraph. Wow...that was brutal.
                  what was it like? any recommendations? how long was it?

Comment

• Has anyone heard any information on the next class or when the hiring panel will be meeting again? It seems like for the last class the calls came significantly sooner probably due to the holidays. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by pearljamknicks View Post
                      Has anyone heard any information on the next class or when the hiring panel will be meeting again? It seems like for the last class the calls came significantly sooner probably due to the holidays. Good luck to everyone.
                      My SAIC said he thinks the hiring panel will meet sometime in mid-January. My "call" was received roughly 30 days before my FLETC class started if that helps anyone in planning. Best of luck to all those waiting.

Comment

• Message Deleted
                        Last edited by policesc1; 05-27-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Message Deleted
                          Last edited by policesc1; 05-27-2008, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by policesc1 View Post
                            Second question: Has anyone had to go through a PT test during the application process? If so, what do they test you on - and what are the minimum acceptable scores by category? (i.e. number of pushups in a minute, time elapsed to run 1.5 miles, etc?)
                            Nope no PT test for the SA applicants.
                            06/07-Initial Interview
                            08/07-TEA Exam
                            10/07-Panel Interview
                            11/07-Medical Exam
                            01/08-Polygraph
                            01/08-Start BI

Comment

• While this is my first post on this board, I have been reading it for several months. I have found people's input helpfull as I have gone through the process. My timetable for the process is as follows:

07/07-Turned in application
                              08/07-Took TEA exam
                              09/07-Panel Interview
                              10/07-Medical Exam
                              Last week of 11/07-Took polygraph

My question is, how long has someone waited to find out they passed the polygraph. The examiner told me I would hear something in 4 to 6 weeks. The end of this week will be 6 weeks and I still have not heard anything. The longer it goes the more I am worried I did not pass. Any input or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by OhioDet. View Post
                                While this is my first post on this board, I have been reading it for several months. I have found people's input helpfull as I have gone through the process. My timetable for the process is as follows:

07/07-Turned in application
                                08/07-Took TEA exam
                                09/07-Panel Interview
                                10/07-Medical Exam
                                Last week of 11/07-Took polygraph

My question is, how long has someone waited to find out they passed the polygraph. The examiner told me I would hear something in 4 to 6 weeks. The end of this week will be 6 weeks and I still have not heard anything. The longer it goes the more I am worried I did not pass. Any input or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
                                The old saying is, "No news is good news." I never heard about my polygraph and was just called and notified my background was starting

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8627 users online. 414 members and 8213 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X