300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lassiter 45 View Post
    True. An 1811 position would be a great way to serve my country. I think they provide the opportunity to make a significant difference. But I'm also hitting the state level just as hard in terms of jobs. Currently crossing fingers for a certain state level special agent position here at home. We will see how that goes. But I figured why not? It could be a long time for me since there are some folks on here who's applications have been taking forever (and that's if this one goes through).

I think the key to a job like the USSS SA position is to realize that patience is golden and that the competition is fierce and highly qualified.
    Any position in Law Enforcement is a great way to serve. Im lucky to have gotten a position with the SFPD...even with the political BS, the nonsense and the backward way we do things, its a great agency with tons of opportunities. State positions are fantastic as well, and I will likely be applying to CA DOJ as well...but my dream was always a federal 1811 position. I think you have the mindset down pat, patience is golden, just have to keep plugging away, and living life at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
      Any position in Law Enforcement is a great way to serve. Im lucky to have gotten a position with the SFPD...even with the political BS, the nonsense and the backward way we do things, its a great agency with tons of opportunities. State positions are fantastic as well, and I will likely be applying to CA DOJ as well...but my dream was always a federal 1811 position. I think you have the mindset down pat, patience is golden, just have to keep plugging away, and living life at the same time.
      Patience is certainly the key during this process.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811 SA Candidate View Post
        Patience is definitely a virtue in the hiring process.

Originally posted by BigE View Post
        Patience is certainly the key during this process.
        Amen and Amen...

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

• Anyone heard of this DC phone number? Missed a call from it and it says it's a non working number upon callback. I think it's spam.
          (202) 211-2734

Comment

• Got the dreaded bqa email today. Didn't even make it to the saee this time... totally makes sense.... (sarcasm font)

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
              Anyone heard of this DC phone number? Missed a call from it and it says it's a non working number upon callback. I think it's spam.
              (202) 211-2734

DC area code but dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by LE_OR_BUST View Post
                Got the dreaded bqa email today. Didn't even make it to the saee this time... totally makes sense.... (sarcasm font)

What the crap?? Sorry to hear that. How do you make it all the way through then not even get to take the test? Unless once you make it through the whole process and don't get hired, they just won't even entertain future applications from you (not you specifically).
                A couple if weeks away from being 6 months after I submitted my medical follow up, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm on the brink of BQA. Who knows? I've done all I can do so no worries. If they want me they will call.
                Anyway, sorry again for the bad news, bro. Especially considering you've already done it once.

Comment

Got the dreaded bqa email today. Didn't even make it to the saee this time... totally makes sense.... (sarcasm font)

That happened to me the first two times I applied for USSS SA.

Comment

• I think it would be fair to say that the hiring processes for all 1811 positions need a lot more transparency.

It's like I've been saying a lot lately, the special agent hiring process is an "audition", not a "try-out." At least try-outs are fair.

Comment

Hey bro,

Got the same email as well today. We wouldn't have to take the SAEE over again anyways because we had already taken and passed it. After talking to a few guys who are graduating next week who said, "I got cut in the end like you and reapplied and got in the second time" they told me to reapply. So I did and gut the BQA today. So yeah let me see, I was highly qualified the first time, got through everything and got booted the first time, but this time I'm not good enough to even make it past the first look? Yeah makes sense. Oh well, moving on to other agencies now. Really wanted it but I guess the fact that they want good candidates and are super understaffed isn't enough to make it in. Best of luck to those still in the process. Just know, you're not in till you get the call. It's a tough process and even if you don't make it in, it doesn't mean you're not qualified. I think it has a lot to do with where you apply and how big the pool is for your area. Small pool better shot. Big pool, slim to none. Keep the dream alive and keep pressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik59 View Post
                        Hey bro,

Got the same email as well today. We wouldn't have to take the SAEE over again anyways because we had already taken and passed it. After talking to a few guys who are graduating next week who said, "I got cut in the end like you and reapplied and got in the second time" they told me to reapply. So I did and gut the BQA today. So yeah let me see, I was highly qualified the first time, got through everything and got booted the first time, but this time I'm not good enough to even make it past the first look? Yeah makes sense. Oh well, moving on to other agencies now. Really wanted it but I guess the fact that they want good candidates and are super understaffed isn't enough to make it in. Best of luck to those still in the process. Just know, you're not in till you get the call. It's a tough process and even if you don't make it in, it doesn't mean you're not qualified. I think it has a lot to do with where you apply and how big the pool is for your area. Small pool better shot. Big pool, slim to none. Keep the dream alive and keep pressing.
                        Well that sucks man, but at least I'm not alone. This whole process is so discombobulated it strongly reminds me of the Marine Corps, or the military in general. Well, like you said, time to move on.

Comment

Well that sucks man, but at least I'm not alone. This whole process is so discombobulated it strongly reminds me of the Marine Corps, or the military in general. Well, like you said, time to move on.

You are not alone LE_OR_BUST!!!!
                          Finished the entire process in 2012, now cant get referred haha!!! Its a lottery!!

Comment

• Erick and LE or Bust, would you mind telling us where you guys applied out of/for?

Comment

• San Antonio

Comment

• Washington, DC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5561 users online. 296 members and 5265 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X