300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    I totally had a beer with them. That's all it was. Then we awkwardly missed a high five, chuckled about it, and I just walked out.

Not really, my SPI experience was exactly like AR2k described.

Sent from my Ultra Magic SuperPhone using Tapatalk.
    I thought he was taking about the Super Formerly Know as the Structured Interviewâ„¢. My SPI was super informal... Actually funny story: after about two hours into it myself and the agent going through my paperwork were shooting the breeze and exchanging war stories. We laughed. We cried. We laughed some more. A question came up I wasn't clear on and he flipped the switch on me lol it went from mojitos poolside atmosphere to Guantanamo Bay in less than a second. Needless to say after I cleared it up we were back on a first name basis but for a second there it got hairy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
      I thought he was taking about the Super Formerly Know as the Structured Interviewâ„¢. My SPI was super informal... Actually funny story: after about two hours into it myself and the agent going through my paperwork were shooting the breeze and exchanging war stories. We laughed. We cried. We laughed some more. A question came up I wasn't clear on and he flipped the switch on me lol it went from mojitos poolside atmosphere to Guantanamo Bay in less than a second. Needless to say after I cleared it up we were back on a first name basis but for a second there it got hairy.

No you're correct on your thinking and we're on the same page - the SUPER formerly known as Structured Panel Interview (SPI), as opposed to the Security Interview (SI) which actually WAS pretty laid back. But then again, not as laid back as the Home Interview (HI). And don't forget the semi-formal Pre-Interview Questionnaire Interview Panel Meeting Interview (PIQIPMI). OK I just made that last one up but I bet it's coming next year. Damn acronyms are heinous.

Comment

I realize this is probably not the most appropriate question in this forum but I am curious as to its answer.
        Does anyone have first hand knowledge of what a GS-9 USSS SA actually makes in their first full year? I know the GS pay scale with LEAP - but total with avg worked OT for protection details during travel etc? If anyone wants to PM me instead of blasting on the open forum for whatever reason, that's fine.
        Not having the answer isn't going to break me but I'm curious. I have some contacts I could ask directly but don't really want to be that blunt with my questioning.
        Yes I'm putting the cart before the horse technically with this question (although the cart is well behind the horse mentally) but even if they BQA me, I'd still want to know what I missed out on! Lol. Thanks
        P.S. If you don't know, and you say you're not at all curious... I challenge you to say that when asked while hooked up to a polygraph...

My guess is this. During my home interview the SAIC did mention that they offer a ton of OT during 2016 elections, so agents make a lot more during that time. After the 2016 elections, the pay checks are usually a lot less.

However, I believe there is some cap on percentages of how much OT you can work. I am saying this only because I know of other agencies putting a cap as well.

My point is this, and how I understand the salary as an agent is if you are brought in at a 9/10 the max you can earn with OT is about $150k, depending on your locality of course. However, I'm sure first year agents probably don't hit the cap on salary for a GS pay scale since there may be a cap on the amount of OT given to an agent.

With that said, later on in your career as an agent if you get to GS-13 step 10 and if you are allowed to work OT, the salary must not go beyond what is given to a GS-15.

I hope this makes sense.
        Last edited by 4L_to_Agent; 07-01-2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4L_to_Agent View Post
          My guess is this. During my home interview the SAIC did mention that they offer a ton of OT during 2016 elections, so agents make a lot more during that time. After the 2016 elections, the pay checks are usually a lot less.

However, I believe there is some cap on percentages of how much OT you can work. I am saying this only because I know of other agencies putting a cap as well.

My point is this, and how I understand the salary as an agent is if you are brought in at a 9/10 the max you can earn with OT is about $150k, depending on your locality of course. However, I'm sure first year agents probably don't hit the cap on salary for a GS pay scale since there may be a cap on the amount of OT given to an agent.

With that said, later on in your career as an agent if you get to GS-13 step 10 and if you are allowed to work OT, the salary must not go beyond what is given to a GS-15.

I hope this makes sense.
          Somewhere there is a GS-15 rubbing his hands and chuckling at the thought of a 13 never making more than he does even with OT

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
            Somewhere there is a GS-15 rubbing his hands and chuckling at the thought of a 13 never making more than he does even with OT

Yea, unfortunately all federal employees on a GS scale is subjected to that, even with OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4L_to_Agent View Post

I hope this makes sense.
              If you exceed the cap then the money is "banked" and will be paid in the following year. There are very few agencies that have this happen, but it is mostly the guys with protection missions such as USSS and DSS. DSS SA deployed to to dangerous areas that get post did and danger pay in conjunction with OT have capped out with 3 months left in the year. They stop getting paid and once the new year rolls around they recoup the pay that exceeded the cap. It's not like they are going to make you work and not pay you for it. You just have to wait to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks for the cap info fellas. Good stuff.
                What do you surmise a GS9 makes his first year in gross salary. Average. 70k? 90k? It's minimum 63k RUS no matter what with LEAP.

Comment

Thanks for the cap info fellas. Good stuff.
                  What do you surmise a GS9 makes his first year in gross salary. Average. 70k? 90k? It's minimum 63k RUS no matter what with LEAP.

Translation: "you guys didn't answer my question so I've reworded it for you"

[emoji16]

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by LE_OR_BUST View Post
                    Translation: "you guys didn't answer my question so I've reworded it for you"

[emoji16]

Lol someone's astute. But no, I really did appreciate the quality info! I didn't know about the "rollover minutes" they get the following year so I learned something there.

Last edited by bayranger; 07-02-2015, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• if you get hired by the end of the year, I do not doubt that with the campaign that you will break 100k gross from overtime.

Comment

• All,

For those of you wondering if they are selecting for a July class or an August class I can tell you that is still happening. I have been offered and accepted a slot in the August class as long as the budget still exists for the class. All the offices offered were ones that have been previously discussed, all large cities. I was a January 2014 applicant.

Those of you waiting, good luck and I hope you all whom are finished get a call soon.
                        I have a lot to do going forward but I will answer questions best I can. Also, I guess my knee surgeries didn't warrant a med follow up. Which is fine because I haven't had issues with them since having any of the three.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrewOU View Post
                          All,

For those of you wondering if they are selecting for a July class or an August class I can tell you that is still happening. I have been offered and accepted a slot in the August class as long as the budget still exists for the class. All the offices offered were ones that have been previously discussed, all large cities. I was a January 2014 applicant.

Those of you waiting, good luck and I hope you all whom are finished get a call soon.
                          I have a lot to do going forward but I will answer questions best I can. Also, I guess my knee surgeries didn't warrant a med follow up. Which is fine because I haven't had issues with them since having any of the three.
                          Congrats! And thank you for the info that's good to hear. Best of luck in CITP!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarinePSS619
                            I just got a status of application email. Is that standard?
                            Did you apply to the recent announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarinePSS619
                              I just got a status of application email. Is that standard?
                              me too good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
                                me too good luck
                                Well whats the status?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10059 users online. 385 members and 9674 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X