Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was planning on doing some digging on Tues. as far as my package goes. Maybe I'll be able to second the rumors Gunslinger6 came across. If so, this is shaping up to be one crazy month. I've never heard of this much hiring action in all the time I've been following posts. (circa 3/08)
    Last edited by hawkeye81; 02-14-2009, 03:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Hey ya'll,
      Just read this post for the first time and it has left me with some questions. I think my BI was sent to Washington two weeks ago and have not been advised as to the timeline for the rest of the process. The BI told me that he didn't find anything, but that Washington would have the final say.

Here are my questions:
      1. Is the home interview different than the BI coming to your home and interviewing you for the investigation?
      2. Are you contacted when you've passed the BI and then the drug screen and hiring panel are after that?

I was hoping to figure out what the timeline might be as I will need to rent out/sell my house if I get the job.

Congrats to everyone who made it and I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Comment

• The "At Home" interview is mainly for family members (read wife), to make sure they understand what kind of committment you are making when you become a SA. It also gives them, and you, a chance to ask any last minute questions. As for the drug screen I'm not sure (see my question above), but I've been told that it comes after the At home...

Also, I didn't think that you were allowed to be interviewed for your own BI, I mean is there really a point to that after your individual, board, poly and SF86?
        Last edited by FPO in Philly; 02-15-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FPO in Philly View Post
          The "At Home" interview is mainly for family members (read wife), to make sure they understand what kind of committment you are making when you become a SA. It also gives them, and you, a chance to ask any last minute questions. As for the drug screen I'm not sure (see my question above), but I've been told that it comes after the At home...

Also, I didn't think that you were allowed to be interviewed for your own BI, I mean is there really a point to that after your individual, board, poly and SF86?
          All of my home interviews for the FED have been just myself and the Investigator.

Comment

• He just had some questions, wanted to clarify some things and kind of explained to me about the job and let me ask some questions. As I'm single I wonder if there'd be any point to an "home interview".

What's the hiring panel all about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Glock21 View Post
              He just had some questions, wanted to clarify some things and kind of explained to me about the job and let me ask some questions. As I'm single I wonder if there'd be any point to an "home interview".
              Not really, but they'll do it anyway. I'm single and had one too. If your initial interviewer did a good job, then you won't need that home interview (but they'll still do it). The purpose of it is really to remind you of the hardships you'll face on the job and make sure your family is on board.

Comment

Last edited by Jarhead1302; 02-22-2009, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                  How do they decide where to place you? Do they consider your desired location and when do they ask about this?
                  They don't ask about nor consider your desired location. They supposedly try and place you as close to your current location as the agencies needs will allow.

I live in Alabama and got placed in Miami. Not too close but not across the country either.

Comment

• Spoke with an Agent last night that said there is going to be a lot of activity this year. Said that there is a lot of burn out from the election this past year and lots of agents are transferring out. Just thought that might give some of us some added hope.

Comment

• From what I've heard they'll try to offer you posts in your geographic area if available ( e.g. Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, etc. if you're from the midwest) but if there are huge vacancies elsewhere (e.g. Miami, NYC, San Fran) that might be all you get to choose from. My FO said you can probably bank on at least one of the "Big 5" being among your options regardless of where you applied.

Comment

• Found out today that I've been approved for hire, now just waiting for a class placement...so I feel a little better, but the waiting is still driving me crazy!

Comment

• So has everyone had to be approved by a hiring panel? What exactly does it entail?

Comment

• The approval process is an adjudication process in which senior agents in DC review your packet and rate and rank it against other applicants. If you pass, you are placed on a shelf and await a class date, if you are not selected, they will either send you a thanks anyways letter or they might resubmit you to another panel.

Comment

• New to the forum

I'm really happy to be on here. I've been trying to get my user account activated since June 08. I'm a member on the other forum and have been reading your thread for a long time. Congratulations to England, airasslt1865, Mopar31898, DOJ21811, OSU, and forresde1 for getting picked up. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to see FPO in Philly get the call sometime this week.

I've been in the process for 18 months now and I know the earliest my process can move on is July since I had PRK done in December. For anyone interested my timeline is below:

Applied 08/07
                              TEA 10/07
                              INITIAL 11/07
                              PANEL 01/08
                              POLY 04/08
                              MED 04/08
                              BI 05/08
                              HI 05/08

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSSA2B View Post
                                I'm really happy to be on here. I've been trying to get my user account activated since June 08. I'm a member on the other forum and have been reading your thread for a long time. Congratulations to England, airasslt1865, Mopar31898, DOJ21811, OSU, and forresde1 for getting picked up. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to see FPO in Philly get the call sometime this week.

I've been in the process for 18 months now and I know the earliest my process can move on is July since I had PRK done in December. For anyone interested my timeline is below:

Applied 08/07
                                TEA 10/07
                                INITIAL 11/07
                                PANEL 01/08
                                POLY 04/08
                                MED 04/08
                                BI 05/08
                                HI 05/08

Thanks a lot. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck with everything you have left.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7456 users online. 392 members and 7064 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X