300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by INcop312 View Post
    That is what mine said from the last announcement and I still continued in the process. I actually just received my COE last week. I wouldn't worry to much about what USAJOBS or Career Connector says.
    I actually just called HCD and they told me that, in fact, my application has been withdrawn and I am no longer in consideration for the position. Of course, they told me I was the one that requested the withdrawal (which I did not) and that there is nothing they can do about it. I must wait until the next vacancy to reapply.

Because I've worked with USSS in the past, I called the SAC of my local office and he assured me he'll get it taken care of and get me back in the system. He said that all the people currently working the applications are temporary employees and have no clue what they are doing.

Originally posted by bayranger
    What is it with you and getting shafted on 1811 apps, Pi??!
    I agree that it's likely not a big deal... BUT I'd certainly make some ASAP calls about to make sure.
    I have no clue. Although, if things go my way, I'll be out of the 1811 app game in a few weeks. Had two final interviews with other agencies and was told for one of the jobs I'm 1 of 2 being considered, and 1 of 8 for the other. All I have to do is get one of those and I'm done with this ridiculous app game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
      I actually just called HCD and they told me that, in fact, my application has been withdrawn and I am no longer in consideration for the position. Of course, they told me I was the one that requested the withdrawal (which I did not) and that there is nothing they can do about it. I must wait until the next vacancy to reapply.

Because I've worked with USSS in the past, I called the SAC of my local office and he assured me he'll get it taken care of and get me back in the system. He said that all the people currently working the applications are temporary employees and have no clue what they are doing.

I have no clue. Although, if things go my way, I'll be out of the 1811 app game in a few weeks. Had two final interviews with other agencies and was told for one of the jobs I'm 1 of 2 being considered, and 1 of 8 for the other. All I have to do is get one of those and I'm done with this ridiculous app game.
      Good Lord. Eh, It's just people's hopes and dreams being shattered. No bigs...

Comment

• Well here is to the temp employees being the reason I am 7 months post poly, and still awaiting results.

Comment

• Originally posted by America43 View Post
          Well here is to the temp employees being the reason I am 7 months post poly, and still awaiting results.
          Calls are going out. Co-worker just received the call for NY, LA or MI.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXICE View Post
            Calls are going out. Co-worker just received the call for NY, LA or MI.
            MI=Miami or Detroit, MI?

Comment

• Anyone else in post poly for an extended period of time? Took the poly on July 3rd. Still haven't heard anything. I still have a year left on my military contract. Not sure if that might have anything to do with it.

Comment

• I have received a conditional offer of employment for Special Officer in DC I go Monday 3/24/15 for a Security clearance interview. Can anyone give me any in depth information on what to expect? Also can anyone give me any information on the day to day tasks they do.

Comment

• I just received a little bit of intel after my home interview with my local SAIC. They are planning 8-10 more classes, they meant to have 3 classes this last go around but there wasn't enough applicants that have passed the BI when the calls went out so they did only 2 classes. He told me that he will receive my assignment within the next 30 days, and it will contain 3-6 cities with a guarantee of at least 2 large cities previously discussed on this forum. The are running the "Shelf" as first in first out. So the older applicants that are approved and ready to go should be getting a call any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joker899 View Post
                    I have received a conditional offer of employment for Special Officer in DC I go Monday 3/24/15 for a Security clearance interview. Can anyone give me any in depth information on what to expect? Also can anyone give me any information on the day to day tasks they do.
                    The will just go over your SF86 page by page, and its your last opportunity to come clean on anything you didn't already declare. At least that's how it was for the SA Security Interview.

Comment

• I have received a conditional offer of employment for Special Officer in DC I go Monday 3/24/15 for a Security clearance interview. Can anyone give me any in depth information on what to expect? Also can anyone give me any information on the day to day tasks they do.

Comment

• Thanks UTRocketball

Comment

• Originally posted by UTRocketball View Post
                          The are running the "Shelf" as first in first out. So the older applicants that are approved and ready to go should be getting a call any day.
                          well that makes you wonder if there is something going on with the BI of those Jun 2013 applicants because they should've hit the shelf long ago

Comment

• Originally posted by LE_OR_BUST View Post
                            well that makes you wonder if there is something going on with the BI of those Jun 2013 applicants because they should've hit the shelf long ago
                            The SAIC didn't go into those problems, but what I took away from him was the budget battles of a the last few years have caused several applicants to slip through the cracks into the abyss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joker899 View Post
                              I have received a conditional offer of employment for Special Officer in DC I go Monday 3/24/15 for a Security clearance interview. Can anyone give me any in depth information on what to expect? Also can anyone give me any information on the day to day tasks they do.
                              Give eastwest2300 a shout about USSS Special Officer duties. He seems to be up on what they're all about. He resides on the 2012 US Marshals announcement 3/5/2012 forum.
                              Tell him Bayranger sent you... Just call his name on there and he shall appear... Like Candyman. He's on there so much they base his Locality pay on where the officer.com server is located.
                              Last edited by bayranger; 03-20-2015, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LE_OR_BUST View Post
                                Not sure how far you would get but have any of the 2013 applicants ever tried calling around for some answers? You would think you would have received a BQA letter or one of those "Based on information obtained in the BI" letters they seemed to be dishing out several months back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8384 users online. 264 members and 8120 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X