300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOJ21811 View Post
    I got the call today! Offered Southeast Region! Fletc in April!
    Hey DOJ, Did they give you cities to choose from or just the area?
    USSS
    02/02/09- Applied

Comment

• Originally posted by flyer2007 View Post
      Hi Everyone-

I live in Atlanta and heard a USSS advertisement on the radio (talk radio 750) on my way to work this morning. They are holding testing here in Atlanta on the 28th for Uniformed and Special Agents.

After skimming these threads, it appears that alot of folks that are getting selected have military backgrounds. Do they also throw non-military, corporate finance geeks into the mix?? I have a B.S. in Finance (4.0 GPA), 6 years corporate work experience, and am 31 years old.

I was in the FBI SA process last year and was told that I failed my poly. Would this affect me in the USSS process? I just wonder if I stand a shot, or if I am spinning my wheels and kidding myself. Might go home tonight and get started on the initial application package that must be submitted by the 20th.

Thanks.
      I was under the impression that failing an FBI or any Federal LE Agency pre-employment polygraph basically screws you out of ever working in Federal LE.

Comment

• I take my text next Friday. I have 3 years of LE as State Trooper and a bachelors degree. I applied in the 2nd week of Jan. 09, that's a pretty good turn around(I think so at least). As you can tell, i'm new to the forums and will be reading some tips and other posts. If anyone has any tips or pointers, fell free to reply or send me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortcop View Post
          I was under the impression that failing an FBI or any Federal LE Agency pre-employment polygraph basically screws you out of ever working in Federal LE.
          There are very few absolutes in this type of process. Apply, be honest, and see what happens. It is not an AutoDQ with the USSS. I know this for a fact.
          Last edited by miked6; 02-11-2009, 03:09 PM.
          "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

• Originally posted by imex99 View Post
            I take my text next Friday. I have 3 years of LE as State Trooper and a bachelors degree. I applied in the 2nd week of Jan. 09, that's a pretty good turn around(I think so at least). As you can tell, i'm new to the forums and will be reading some tips and other posts. If anyone has any tips or pointers, fell free to reply or send me a PM.

Thanks in advance.
            I have found from personal experience and reading here that some Field Offices (referred to as FOs) can be very quick with the process. Within 3 months of applying, I had my initial interview, TEA exam, panel interview, medical and polygraph at the FO where I applied. They now have to wait on the "go ahead" from DC regarding my poly and medical (review). That's where I have hit a stale mate. I knew things would slow up around inauguration time, but it's been 3 months since my medical/poly and according to my FO, they have not heard anything from DC yet.
            I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Got the call today at 4:00PM. I'm not sure on my timeline, but I have been in the process for 18 months and it was 6 months from my in home to the call. I got offered nothing remotly close to my home, but I did get 4 choices. They were all huge FOs. In the end I took the lesser of the 4 evils. FLTC in March.
                Good luck to all of you and hang in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortcop View Post
                  Exactly, there are no absolutes. I know of people in my class who failed the poly with other agencies and are in now with us. Just be honest and hope for the best.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• 18 months is a long haul man. kudos for stickin' it out. Makes my 13 months seem a little more bearable.

Comment

• I guess that means I only have 1 more month to go, I'm glad we figured out the secret to being hired...

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:42 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by airasslt1865 View Post
                            Got the call today at 4:00PM. I'm not sure on my timeline, but I have been in the process for 18 months and it was 6 months from my in home to the call. I got offered nothing remotly close to my home, but I did get 4 choices. They were all huge FOs. In the end I took the lesser of the 4 evils. FLTC in March.
                            Good luck to all of you and hang in there.
                            Congratulations. When is your FLETC date? I'll be there on the 24th.

Comment

• Originally posted by imex99 View Post
                              I take my text next Friday. I have 3 years of LE as State Trooper and a bachelors degree. I applied in the 2nd week of Jan. 09, that's a pretty good turn around(I think so at least). As you can tell, i'm new to the forums and will be reading some tips and other posts. If anyone has any tips or pointers, fell free to reply or send me a PM.

Thanks in advance.
                              As you can see from my timeline, I submitted my app almost 3 months ago and haven't heard anything yet, but I'm not giving up just yet. I'm at least hoping there is no rhyme or reason to folks timeline other than some FO's are faster than others.

On a side note, does anyone have any experience with the p90x system. I just purchased it because I have pretty much plateaued in my own personal workouts.

Comment

• The List "New Template from FutureAgent001...

************************************************** **
                                Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:42 AM. Reason: typo on date and addition of SgtScott31

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7964 users online. 236 members and 7728 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X