Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kinda crazy to think that we only had 7 out of the 48 March class come from the forums...is anyone else just staying silent? That's about 1 out of 7. 6 stay quiet or don't participate here? wow...

    Does everyone think the March calls are done or could there be a last minute call out this next week?
    The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
    Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
    Believer in the ~bean Suffix

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bruddah View Post
      Kinda crazy to think that we only had 7 out of the 48 March class come from the forums...is anyone else just staying silent? That's about 1 out of 7. 6 stay quiet or don't participate here? wow...
      Everyone else just takes PERSEC a wee bit more serious lol.

      That's right... I'm talking about you Guest users... Silently watching...Judging...

      Does everyone think the March calls are done or could there be a last minute call out this next week?
      I have a bag packed by the door and can leave with four hours notice (three if I get a haircut in the airport). I'll just text the Mrs.
      Last edited by M8541 Reaper; 03-12-2015, 02:45 PM.
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

      Comment


      • Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
        Everyone else just takes PERSEC a wee bit more serious lol.

        That's right... I'm talking about you Guest users... Silently watching...Judging...
        You're right! Some just stay silent and others give the, "Welp, just got The Callâ„¢! Long-time reader, first-time poster. Good luck! Dor-dee-dor!"

        This is a long uncertain journey. Some will make it to the end and others won't - it's a fact and it's all good. I'm hoping to have some built in friends/mentors starting out. The ultimate goal right now is to get into a class and make it through in one piece with a badge. To all "The Others" out there, The Listâ„¢ is waiting for you. Help us help you. *Drops mic*
        The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
        Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
        Believer in the ~bean Suffix

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bruddah View Post
          You're right! Some just stay silent and others give the, "Welp, just got The Callâ„¢! Long-time reader, first-time poster. Good luck! Dor-dee-dor!"

          This is a long uncertain journey. Some will make it to the end and others won't - it's a fact and it's all good. I'm hoping to have some built in friends/mentors starting out. The ultimate goal right now is to get into a class and make it through in one piece with a badge. To all "The Others" out there, The Listâ„¢ is waiting for you. Help us help you. *Drops mic*
          uploadfromtaptalk1426187813533.jpg

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bruddah View Post
            Kinda crazy to think that we only had 7 out of the 48 March class come from the forums...is anyone else just staying silent? That's about 1 out of 7. 6 stay quiet or don't participate here? wow...

            Does everyone think the March calls are done or could there be a last minute call out this next week?
            I was speaking with a SA at my FO yesterday. I was told the March class is filled up :/ . She doesn't know when the next class date will be though.

            BTW bruddah, add me to the list of the finished home interview applicants

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Chocoman View Post
              I was speaking with a SA at my FO yesterday. I was told the March class is filled up :/ . She doesn't know when the next class date will be though.

              BTW bruddah, add me to the list of the finished home interview applicants
              Good to know! Thanks for passing on. Guess we can stop wondering about more calls going out.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bruddah View Post
                Here's the latest info I have. Please review and mssg me with any other changes to it:

                The Listâ„¢


                Received The Callâ„¢:
                -------------
                usss sa hopeful – June 2013 applicant
                BCLEO – January 2014 applicant
                usps42 – January 2014 applicant (turned it down, but deserves the placement)
                amithereyet – January 2014 applicant (turned it down, but deserves the placement)
                lwyr2sa – January 2014 applicant
                LegalGoose – January 2014 applicant
                TacMed6 – January 2014 applicant
                gabriel_martin – January 2014 applicant
                DesertHeat – May 2014 applicant


                June 2013 Applicants:
                Finished with home interview:
                -------------
                Officer959
                Erik59


                January 2014 Applicants
                Finished with home interview:
                -------------
                Cuffs309
                Hunterthe4th
                Cdburt04
                Bham
                LEOmedic
                Firefox
                gabriel_martin
                JkeysFL
                YeaThatGuy
                dra106
                Bruddah



                May 2014 Applicants
                Finished with home interview:
                -------------
                bayranger
                Ajaxian
                Insptr_Mo
                Meltron10000
                Just wanted to give you an update on my strange timeline:
                USSS-SA
                Applied: 04/30/2014
                Referred:05/2014
                SAEE 06/18/2014
                APAT: Suspended
                SPI: 07/14/2014
                COE-(GS-7): 08/17/2014
                SI: 08/26/2014
                Poly:01/07/2015
                BI: 03/12/2015
                Home Int: 03/20/2015
                Medical: 03/27/2015
                Final Offer: TBD

                You will notice that I have 8 days worth of BI and then on to my Home Interview. As a memory refresher, I have no prior military or law enforcement experience. That seems to make me an anomaly on this board. I was told by the agent doing my BI that they have orders to expedite anybody as far along in the process as "most" of the May 2014 applicants, meaning any applicant that has already taken the Poly.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by UTRocketball View Post
                  Just wanted to give you an update on my strange timeline:
                  You will notice that I have 8 days worth of BI and then on to my Home Interview. As a memory refresher, I have no prior military or law enforcement experience. That seems to make me an anomaly on this board. I was told by the agent doing my BI that they have orders to expedite anybody as far along in the process as "most" of the May 2014 applicants, meaning any applicant that has already taken the Poly.

                  I'm the same boat as you. May I ask what was your qualification if it wasn't prior LE or military?

                  Comment


                  • BS in Construction Engineering, BS is Supply Chain and Logistics Management, former D-1 football player, 5 years in the private financial/insurance sector as a fraud investigator.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by UTRocketball View Post
                      USSS-SA
                      Applied: 04/30/2014
                      Referred:05/2014
                      SAEE 06/18/2014
                      APAT: Suspended
                      SPI: 07/14/2014
                      COE-(GS-7): 08/17/2014
                      SI: 08/26/2014
                      Poly:01/07/2015
                      BI: 03/12/2015
                      Home Int: 03/20/2015
                      Medical: 03/27/2015
                      Final Offer: TBD
                      You will notice that I have 8 days worth of BI and then on to my Home Interview.
                      Glad to see a lot of us are moving quickly (I'm four days to your left). Good luck man. I don't know about you, but I plan on having a bowl of leftover Halloween candy out during my HI. Full-size candy bars in a pumpkin bowl demonstrates class and sophistication.
                      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

                      Comment


                      • We are having my daughters 2nd birthday party this weekend, and the theme is Pajamas and Pancakes, so I plan on having a platter of cupcakes, pancakes, and bacon out for them to snack on. Nothing says sophistication like week old birthday party food.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                          Glad to see a lot of us are moving quickly (I'm four days to your left). Good luck man. I don't know about you, but I plan on having a bowl of leftover Halloween candy out during my HI. Full-size candy bars in a pumpkin bowl demonstrates class and sophistication.
                          Add in a few pop rocks to the mix and some bug juice...they'll appreciate it! Works EVERY time!
                          The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                          Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                          Believer in the ~bean Suffix

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by UTRocketball View Post
                            We are having my daughters 2nd birthday party this weekend, and the theme is Pajamas and Pancakes, so I plan on having a platter of cupcakes, pancakes, and bacon out for them to snack on. Nothing says sophistication like week old birthday party food.
                            My birthday is next week so I think I'm going to tell the Mrs to steal that idea from you. Sounds safer than my "Silkies and Bacon" theme.

                            Oh and I'm assuming you're in TX so I expect that bacon to come from a butcher and not the grocery store.

                            Add in a few pop rocks to the mix and some bug juice...they'll appreciate it! Works EVERY time!
                            ^Also stealing.
                            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

                            Comment


                            • I went with straight up plain M&Ms in a glass bowl. That's what ya call old school right there, fellas.

                              Comment


                              • I am most definitely not from Texas, I am still from the Midwest, just a bit further north of Texas.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11405 users online. 377 members and 11028 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X