300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    If it's any consolation, you have possibly the coolest name on the forum. So there's that.
    You must think in Russian!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• 1 week funding extension

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...50228?irpc=932

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik59 View Post
        Congrats to those who have made it through and got the call. For those of us left from the JUNE 2013 group...here's to holding out hope there is some calls and love getting thrown our way. It's definitely been a long wait, but worth the wait once you get the call I have no doubt.

FWIW, the agent that did my home interview said it took two years, to go through his application process, before he received The Callâ„¢.

Is there anyone on this forum that is pre-June 2013? Is it possible that an applicant can finish the application process and, yet, never receive a BQA letter or The Callâ„¢?

Comment

• Originally posted by USSSApplicant View Post
          FWIW, the agent that did my home interview said it took two years, to go through his application process, before he received The Callâ„¢.

Is there anyone on this forum that is pre-June 2013? Is it possible that an applicant can finish the application process and, yet, never receive a BQA letter or The Callâ„¢?
          This forum is littered with the broken dreams of those who waited for the call after finishing the entire process and either received a BQA letter or nothing at all. So it is entirely possible!

Comment

Yes it's possible. But yes, it's also more possible then ever to get in because they need help! Our timing is good as long as they get the budget figured out!

'Merica!
            The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
            Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
            Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• Medical Exam Tmrw

Originally posted by bruddah View Post
              Yes it's possible. But yes, it's also more possible then ever to get in because they need help! Our timing is good as long as they get the budget figured out!

'Merica!
              I have a quick question....I'm stressing about my medical exam tmrw because of the color vision test. I can't pass the Isahara Color Test. When I got in the Border Patrol they allowed the Farnsworth D15 color test & when I got into PD they basically held up a Green, Red, & Yellow Stick and asked the color. I'm not color blind but for some reason can't pass the one but can easily pass the other......just wondering if anyone knew if they also allow the other. Most agencies do but couldn't find anything about USSS.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• I failed the isahara test and was told to find a doctor and do the Farnsworth D15.

Comment

• Originally posted by justincamalieri View Post
                  I have a quick question....I'm stressing about my medical exam tmrw because of the color vision test. I can't pass the Isahara Color Test. When I got in the Border Patrol they allowed the Farnsworth D15 color test & when I got into PD they basically held up a Green, Red, & Yellow Stick and asked the color. I'm not color blind but for some reason can't pass the one but can easily pass the other......just wondering if anyone knew if they also allow the other. Most agencies do but couldn't find anything about USSS.

Thanks in advance!
                  I read somewhere on here that you can get it done in advance and bring the alternate test in and they'll accept it in lieu of the other. It's worth a shot at the very least.

Comment

• Originally posted by hilhil45 View Post
                    I failed the isahara test and was told to find a doctor and do the Farnsworth D15.
                    After you did so.....did you make it through the Medical step or are you still in lieu of it.

Thanks again for all your quick responses!

Comment

• Originally posted by justincamalieri View Post
                      After you did so.....did you make it through the Medical step or are you still in lieu of it.

Thanks again for all your quick responses!
                      I'm still in the medical for another test unrelated to the vision. I had a lot of difficulty finding a doctor to administer the test but after alot of phonecalls I found a hospital that agreed to do it.

I'm still in medical deferment so I don't know if they'll accept my results. I had my home interview back around September or late August and have been in the medical since October.

Comment

It is possible although my experience can be differentiated from you guys because ya'll are in the new group with the new process. I finished the entire process in 2012 then they revamped the process with new test etc., so what did they do with us guys waiting for the call, scrapped us. But the kicker is that I was never notified, I had to pull the info that I was scrapped from someone probably not qualified to divulge the info. Talk about about a waste of time and money. Weird, you'd think after all the trouble of making sure someone was qualified to get in, they'd let them in!! HA
                        While my case is different from you guys, it is possible but not probable, they need bodies. Good luck.

Comment

• My usajobs status just changed from referred to received. I had my poly back in October and have not heard anything since. Any idea if this is the kiss of death? The additional information still says that "your application is under review". The weirdest part of this is that my status was updated on a Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jondw View Post
                            My usajobs status just changed from referred to received. I had my poly back in October and have not heard anything since. Any idea if this is the kiss of death? The additional information still says that "your application is under review". The weirdest part of this is that my status was updated on a Sunday.
                            I would say that is a good thing. It means that someone has at least looked at your file. Based on what I have seen on the forum, there is no consistant way that the applications are processed. Sometimes people's status gets changed from "received" to "under review" or even to "to be notified by email". IMO anything other than a small letter in the mail is a good thing. Although I don't even know if they even do that any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by etman View Post
                              ... Based on what I have seen on the forum, there is no consistant way that the applications are processed. Sometimes people's status gets changed from "received" to "under review" or even to "to be notified by email". ...
                              My experience has been similar with all of my applications through USA Jobs. The good news is that every time the USSS has updated my status on USA Jobs, I've got a call or an email within a week or two after that re: the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by jondw View Post
                                My usajobs status just changed from referred to received. I had my poly back in October and have not heard anything since. Any idea if this is the kiss of death? The additional information still says that "your application is under review". The weirdest part of this is that my status was updated on a Sunday.
                                My vote is it's a good thing and something positive is afoot. That was my case each time it happened. The only negative I've heard is the "You will be notified by email" (as opposed to "you will be CONTACTED by email" which is good).
                                Last edited by bayranger; 03-02-2015, 05:57 PM. Reason: Correction. Props to Firefox

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17114 users online. 539 members and 16575 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X