Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been following this support group (I mean forum) for a while now. You can add me to the finished list. I'm a January 14 applicant but this is my first post. I finished everything in early November but had to do a medical follow-up. I submitted that documentation in early January so now I'm waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
      That's what I was thinking but then assumed he meant "2 classes" of 24 running together? That's how ATF is doing it.
      No.... classes are staggered there. It will be a full 48 as in class number xxx will have 48 usss

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
        No.... classes are staggered there. It will be a full 48 as in class number xxx will have 48 usss
        Ah. Gotcha. Thanks as always.

Comment

• Anyone else out there heard anything about poly results? I took mine back on 11/10/2014 in Nashville and havn't heard anything since then. Last I heard, they were behind on reviewing polygraphs, just curious if anyone has had any movement recently.

Comment

• I took my first poly 12/2014 and heard back within two weeks from the FO that I was good to go and my Background was starting. Right after that I was called to take a 2nd poly. I took the 2nd one mid January and have not heard anything since. I contacted my FO and they told me they would look into it but havent heard anything yet. That was a week ago that I talked to them and still nothing. I don't understand this process. Some people that applied when I did May 2014 are already getting job offers and others that applied over a year ago (or longer) are just now getting security interviews. I'm not sure who gets blessed with moving through at lightning speed and who gets stuck in the process and left in the wind. I try not to obsess over it because it just gets more frustrating trying to understand it. I applied for other 1811 jobs and had the same thing happen. For example, my buddy and I applied for IRS and I wasn't even invited for the written exam. I have an MBA, over 10 years LE experience and veterans preference. My buddy has no experience and just a BS in political science with no military and got reffered and took the test. I don't get any of it.

Comment

• Completed my medical exam today. Only the background investigation is still pending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                There is only one March class
                Correct, but I was considering it two classes of 24... And yes one is filled and still filling the other one
                Last edited by Honey_badger; 02-19-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by etman View Post
                  I took my first poly 12/2014 and heard back within two weeks from the FO that I was good to go and my Background was starting. Right after that I was called to take a 2nd poly. I took the 2nd one mid January and have not heard anything since. I contacted my FO and they told me they would look into it but havent heard anything yet. That was a week ago that I talked to them and still nothing. I don't understand this process. Some people that applied when I did May 2014 are already getting job offers and others that applied over a year ago (or longer) are just now getting security interviews. I'm not sure who gets blessed with moving through at lightning speed and who gets stuck in the process and left in the wind. I try not to obsess over it because it just gets more frustrating trying to understand it. I applied for other 1811 jobs and had the same thing happen. For example, my buddy and I applied for IRS and I wasn't even invited for the written exam. I have an MBA, over 10 years LE experience and veterans preference. My buddy has no experience and just a BS in political science with no military and got reffered and took the test. I don't get any of it.
                  See this link: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140...-grading-exams. This was circulated my first year of law school regarding how grades are determined (I'm not sure I disbelieve it, either). While the subject matter is grading essay exams, I feel it completely a pro pos for this topic (1811 hiring), as well.

Comment

• January 2014 applicant here, first time posting. Every step along the way was very slow but there's been a lot of activity in the past couple weeks. I took the poly the first week in November and didn't hear anything until the last week in January (Bayranger, I think I got the call about the BI starting and the HI the same day as you did) but I am now done with everything. Info I got from the HI matches what I've seen on here: 48 to start training on 3/24/15 and they're still trying to fill up the final spots. My FO is saying that HQ moved up the deadline for them to complete my BI so hopefully there are a few of us on here that still make the March class.

Comment

• Originally posted by lwyr2sa View Post
                      January 2014 applicant here, first time posting. Every step along the way was very slow but there's been a lot of activity in the past couple weeks. I took the poly the first week in November and didn't hear anything until the last week in January (Bayranger, I think I got the call about the BI starting and the HI the same day as you did) but I am now done with everything. Info I got from the HI matches what I've seen on here: 48 to start training on 3/24/15 and they're still trying to fill up the final spots. My FO is saying that HQ moved up the deadline for them to complete my BI so hopefully there are a few of us on here that still make the March class.
                      Thanks for posting, Lawyer To Special Agent! [emoji5] I guess we'll see... Good luck to you!

Comment

• deleted.....
                        Last edited by portnj; 07-02-2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by portnj View Post
                          Is the security interview to go over the application packet for any discrepancies and to sign the forms that require a Secret Service employee as witness?
                          Yes and your chance to get out in the open anything that may come up during your polygraph or background. ie stealing, drug use, downloading music illegally etc. Plus a few new questions. It's pretty laid back and straight forward. Still need to wear a suit, but it's not high pressure or anything.

Comment

• Well I'd say my chances of making the March CITP just went from about 5% to around 0.00005%. Medical follow up required. [emoji541]

The follow up request comes via mail, right? Not email?
                            Last edited by bayranger; 02-23-2015, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Hey' if there is any consolation for us who probably won't make it through the process CBP has an announcement up on USA JOBS,,,, lol, jk!

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                                Well I'd say my chances of making the March CITP just went from about 5% to around 0.00005%. Medical follow up required. [emoji541]

The follow up request comes via mail, right? Not email?
                                How were you notified of a follow up required? Did the doc inform you at the actual medical or were there lingering questions? Expected vs. Unexpected?

I hope it's a quick fix for you bud!
                                The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                                Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                                Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8660 users online. 208 members and 8452 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X