Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guy on the other board got the call today. I think we will see some movement in the next two days.

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Call

I got the call today! Offered Southeast Region! Fletc in April!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOJ21811 View Post
          I got the call today! Offered Southeast Region! Fletc in April!
          Hey!!!, Good For you man!

I know you've been waiting for a while.

When are you going to orientation? I go on the 19th.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 12:40 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 10:42 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Question! My app was received by the local office on Nov. 22, 2008, but I have not heard a peep? Is this normal?

Comment

• Hey guys, I've been watching the forum for a few months now and finally decided to join. I've been in the process for a while now so waiting by the phone is nothing new to me. Best of luck to the guys who just got the call and hopefully the rest of us will be joining you soon!

Comment

• Hi Everyone-

I heard a USSS advertisement on the radio (talk radio 750) on my way to work this morning. They are holding testing here on the 28th for Uniformed and Special Agents.

After skimming these threads, it appears that alot of folks that are getting selected have military backgrounds. Do they also throw non-military, corporate finance geeks into the mix??

I just wonder if I stand a shot, or if I am spinning my wheels and kidding myself. Might go home tonight and get started on the initial application package that must be submitted by the 20th.

Thanks.
                    Last edited by flyer2007; 02-20-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• HR in DC has no change in my status either. I'm assuming they have not even reviewed my poly/physical. Oh well, I guess no news is good news.

flyer2007 - I have no military background either. You have just as good a chance as anyone else. As far as they poly results with the FBI, I'm not sure if that would hold you back or not. Would not hurt to go ahead and apply. Worst they can do is say "no."
                      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                        HR in DC has no change in my status either. I'm assuming they have not even reviewed my poly/physical. Oh well, I guess no news is good news.

flyer2007 - I have no military background either. You have just as good a chance as anyone else. As far as they poly results with the FBI, I'm not sure if that would hold you back or not. Would not hurt to go ahead and apply. Worst they can do is say "no."
                        Thanks Sgt Scott! However, I also have zero law enforcement experience....another potential whammy. Like you said, the most they can say is "no".

Comment

• I have neither LE nor military experience but here I am at the very end of the process with nothing left to do other than wait for the phone to ring. So if you're worried about your background don't be, the USSS takes people from all walks of life. I would however look into their policy on previously failed polygraph. I distinctly remember being asked if I had ever taken one before undergoing the USSS's.

Comment

• Well I called my contact today and there is a tentative board for either next week or the week after. Hopefully it will happen and a few more calls will be going out.

I've got 4 years active duty as a Naval Officer, but no LE experience, from what I've seen they take a very diverse group of people. Of course having a Vet preference or LE background helps out I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
                              Question! My app was received by the local office on Nov. 22, 2008, but I have not heard a peep? Is this normal?
                              Unfortunately, there is no "normal" timeline. But the last thing I would do if I were you is to worry yourself over it. You are so early in the process, best thing to do right now is forget about it and get yourself into shape.

If you still haven't heard anything in a few months, just consider them not interested. Otherwise you will be worrying yourself about stuff out of your control.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4840 users online. 298 members and 4542 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X