X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by England View Post
    Got the call, start on 3/2. FLETC on 3/24

Offered Miami, L.A. and Chicago.
    Congrats England!! I know you've been waiting a while for this. Maybe I'll catch ya down at FLETC; I'll be there until early may. Enjoy the moment!

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• I called the hotline this morning and they told me that my file was last updated on the 5th and that my FO should be calling me very soon. I hope it is good news.

Good luck to all.

Comment

Got the call, start on 3/2. FLETC on 3/24

Offered Miami, L.A. and Chicago.
          Congrats!!!! So excited for you. Savor the moment.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• That would be extremely funny. I talked to HR today and they said that my file still says approved and just waiting on a class date. She took my information and then put me on hold and notified her supervisor of what was going on. Her supervisor said she was going to research the matter right now and find out why I have not been called yet because I have been approved for so long and just waiting. She said she will call me back today or tomorrow morning. Also, I have worked with her before and she DOES actually call people back to update them. I wonder why I have been approved but still just waiting. Especially with veterans status and being a current FLE officer. Blows my mind thinking about it.

Comment

• HR hotline

Can anyone post the number for the HR hotline, please. I want to check the status of my file is that the best way?

Comment

• I got called to go to my local FO and fill out the IRS information release again as it is only good for 60 days. The lady at my FO said that DC requested that it be sent up ASAP. Im not sure if this is going to hold me up longer or what. Have any of the guys that got picked up had to fill this form out again? I have been in the process for 18 months and I am hoping this is a good thing.

Comment

• Its always good to see movement. With any luck, this week will get a lot of people rolling. Here's hoping for good news. Congrats to England and all other fortunates who get the "call". (I just love how we refer to this thing, like it's a mythical creature!)

Comment

• I don't know if it is just a coincidence or if there is something to it. But it seems like young guys wait extra long than the rest of us.

Forresdel, you said you were younger than DOJ who is 24?, If I remember right FUtureagent001 also was a young guy, although he got picked by DSS, the USSS never called him apparently.

Now my theory kinda goes south with guys like OSU, I think he is around my age.

Who knows? Maybe you'll all get called this week sometime.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I don't know if it is just a coincidence or if there is something to it. But it seems like young guys wait extra long than the rest of us.

Forresdel, you said you were younger than DOJ who is 24?, If I remember right FUtureagent001 also was a young guy, although he got picked by DSS, the USSS never called him apparently.

I'm 34, does that mean good for me??

I know that my BI has not started. My poly & physical were both conducted in mid-November 2008. I have not received any dreaded BQA letters, but I have not heard word from my FO either. I called the FO today and all the assistant could tell me is that they had not received word from DC to start on my background, which tells me they have not got word from DC about my poly and/or physical, or have issues with one or the other. From reading the other posts it seems that those who had medical follow-ups were done within 4 - 6 weeks of the original medical so I'm not sure if there is an issue with one or the other, or they have not even reviewed either. Ugh! I'm not sure what's going on. I may call DC again tomorrow and see if my status has changed, but not likely.
                              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

I don't know if it is just a coincidence or if there is something to it. But it seems like young guys wait extra long than the rest of us.

Yeah, I am a bit younger than the average SA trainee. I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. When I had my panel with USSS, I was told that younger applicants usually had to go through a few extra steps behind the scenes. For instance, they told me that DC usually requested additional endorsements from supervisors in the interviewing FO. In any case, I don't know what held me up with USSS; I never received a formal BQA letter.

I guess it depends on the agency too because DSS moved very fast for me (about 1 year from first interview to EOD). Anyhow, to the younger guys on the forum, sit tight and be patient. They're probably going to keep you under the looking glass a little longer than others, but keep pushing forward.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14436 users online. 290 members and 14146 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X