Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hello everyone! Long time lurker. First time poster.

    January 2014 applicant. I finished the background, medical & HI late October.

    I don't think the background really matters because there are tons of people with different backgrounds that will and have ultimately gotten the call but, I'm a non vet, masters degree in public administration, no LEO experience.

    I have the "you will be notified by email status"... As many have already said, don't feed into the statuses. It obviously didn't mean I was rejected because...

    I Got "The Call" yesterday. Offered:
    NY, LA, San Fran, Detroit & Miami. Congrats to everyone that has gotten the call and to everyone that is still moving forward in the process!!

    Comment


    • Stand corrected. Went back to the coordinator and he Confirmed that the march class was cancelled and move to Feb 10. So that agent class is usss only. The other money guys were coming but backed out so that's why it's usss only. However the other money guys have 3 classes scheduled for Feb according to him. I asked him if the usss had any other March classes, he looked in computer and said he hadn't approved any yet.

      Was trying to get as much gouge as possible before I leave. I grad monday

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bayranger View Post
        That's a big step congrats, Double Aught. I know when I got mine it felt like it was actually real and attainable. May '14 applicant as well. Had polygraph in October and waiting to hear from that (was told I
        passed but who knows). I called HR a couple weeks ago but no response from a left message.
        Enjoy filling out the little security packet. Should take you 5-10 minutes, tops. Lol
        Ya the 160 page packet was no joke.
        Do they make you amend anything during the SI?

        Do you meet your Actual Background Investigator during the SI?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sanew13 View Post
          Hello everyone! Long time lurker. First time poster.

          January 2014 applicant. I finished the background, medical & HI late October.

          I don't think the background really matters because there are tons of people with different backgrounds that will and have ultimately gotten the call but, I'm a non vet, masters degree in public administration, no LEO experience.

          I have the "you will be notified by email status"... As many have already said, don't feed into the statuses. It obviously didn't mean I was rejected because...

          I Got "The Call" yesterday. Offered:
          NY, LA, San Fran, Detroit & Miami. Congrats to everyone that has gotten the call and to everyone that is still moving forward in the process!!
          Miami, WHY NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Add me too The List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Got THE CALL today. Offered 5 cities and not one of them would be on my greatest cities list, but oh well. The Heat is on, Crunch time. Some help from the faithful would help. I have till Monday morning to decide.
          LA
          NYC
          Kansas City
          Chicago
          Detroit
          Applied:01/2014
          Referred:01/2014
          Test Date: 03/2014
          SAEE Passed: 03/2014
          APAT: N/A
          SPI: 04/2014
          COE-(GS-7): 06/2014
          SI:07/2014
          Polygraph: 8/14
          Medical: 9/14
          Background: Complete (Hiring Panel)
          Final Offer: 12/14

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
            Stand corrected. Went back to the coordinator and he Confirmed that the march class was cancelled and move to Feb 10. So that agent class is usss only. The other money guys were coming but backed out so that's why it's usss only. However the other money guys have 3 classes scheduled for Feb according to him. I asked him if the usss had any other March classes, he looked in computer and said he hadn't approved any yet.

            Was trying to get as much gouge as possible before I leave. I grad monday
            Are you saying that both "sides" of the class or 48 people will be usss?... Just a little confused

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
              Ya the 160 page packet was no joke.
              Do they make you amend anything during the SI?

              Do you meet your Actual Background Investigator during the SI?
              They don't MAKE you amend anything, no. One of the SAs (not your BI Agent, as far as I know) will go over your packet, make any corrections, will clarify some things and give you the opportunity to reveal anything that may arise at your polygraph. This is the chance to show your honesty and lay all the ugly out there. The poly will verify what you say.

              Comment


              • Oh snap! Congrats to my fellow Jan '14 applicants getting The Callâ„¢. It still seems an eternity for me since I'm still pre background, med, and HI...but at the same time I like seeing the movement.
                The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                Believer in the ~bean Suffix

                Comment


                • Originally posted by queso2314 View Post
                  Miami, WHY NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  Add me too The List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  Got THE CALL today. Offered 5 cities and not one of them would be on my greatest cities list, but oh well. The Heat is on, Crunch time. Some help from the faithful would help. I have till Monday morning to decide.
                  LA
                  NYC
                  Kansas City
                  Chicago
                  Detroit
                  It seems I've commented 600 times in the last 24 hours... But here I go some more (I feel like eastwest2300 in here... Countdown to time it takes for him to hear about the name drop in 3... 2.....).

                  I was told by a veteran supervisor USSS agent that you are highly unlikely to get a field office offer that is close to home/somewhere you don't have to commit much of a move to. Effort is made to place you somewhere that forces you to execute a large move. Otherwise they have folks do their first phase then bolt just prior to the DC protection phase 2 of their career. They figure if you move away for years it's not a big deal to move again in another 6 or so. If they stick you around home then it's too easy to job hunt in the area and never move to DC. You've got no stake in the game that you'll really lose if you quit.
                  And yeah people have done it that's why they offer the way they do. To test your seriousness about wanting the gig and your likelihood of staying with the USSS for the long haul if they invest in you.

                  So unfortunately I think we'll continue to see offers to other applicants with OUR dream offices in their offer and vice versa. Which I suspect would be a reason not to allow office swaps between new hires. That's my 2¢, anyway.

                  Congrats on the offer none the less! KC is a new one. Hmm...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Honey_badger View Post
                    Are you saying that both "sides" of the class or 48 people will be usss?... Just a little confused
                    This particular class will only have 24 students. It was set to be 24 usss and 24 IRS. IRS backed out. He verbally told me on Thursday and today when I was in his office he literally flipped his screen and showed me the screen.

                    There is a no kidding slot in the computer template that shows a the number 48 wwith a line thru it and 24 beside it. And it says Feb 10 CITP approved. USSS only.

                    He was really excited about having a class of 24 vs 48 because it is easier to schedule the curriculum and I can see how that is true.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                      He verbally told me on Thursday and today when I was in his office he literally flipped his screen and showed me the screen.

                      There is a no kidding slot in the computer template that shows a the number 48 wwith a line thru it and 24 beside it. And it says Feb 10 CITP approved. USSS only.
                      Yeah but how solid is this supposed Intel? That could mean anything... (sarcasm font)
                      "the number 48 with a line thru it... " lol. Yeah that's pretty legit I think.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                        Yeah but how solid is this supposed Intel? That could mean anything... (sarcasm font)
                        "the number 48 with a line thru it... " lol. Yeah that's pretty legit I think.
                        OK the guy that I talked to is the program coordinator for all criminal investigator classes. No criminal investigator class comes thru without his final approval. He creates the schedule he determines if students can be dismiss from class etc.... it's not "supposed Intel" it's what he showed me. Not trying to be an *** but believe it or don't. My feelings are not hurt either way. Maybe things will change but as of today. What I told you is what it is. I am way to busy to come on here just to spread a rumor. Believe it or don't. (Thumbs up)

                        Comment


                        • Final Offer:
                          ------------
                          SAHopeful10
                          ACCTtoSA
                          JDub801
                          Mid2Agent
                          SANEW13
                          Queso2314


                          June 2013 Applicants:
                          Finished with home interview:
                          -------------
                          Officer963
                          Officer959
                          Gonzoco
                          Erik59


                          January 2014 Applicants
                          Finished with home interview:
                          -------------
                          Cuffs309
                          Hunterthe4th
                          Cdburt04
                          Bham
                          LEOmedic
                          Firefox

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                            OK the guy that I talked to is the program coordinator for all criminal investigator classes. No criminal investigator class comes thru without his final approval. He creates the schedule he determines if students can be dismiss from class etc.... it's not "supposed Intel" it's what he showed me. Not trying to be an *** but believe it or don't. My feelings are not hurt either way. Maybe things will change but as of today. What I told you is what it is. I am way to busy to come on here just to spread a rumor. Believe it or don't. (Thumbs up)
                            Oops. Dang, Bronc my bad I was literally joking and trying to convey that your Intel SO legit it couldn't be questioned. Sorry for the misread, man. I even typed out "sarcasm font" hoping it would be clear I was kidding lol. In hindsight maybe I should've typed "joke" instead of "sarcasm". But there were zero bad intentions.
                            Let me be straight and clear. That Intel is straight truth and you made it laughably clear. Thank you. I and others appreciate it!
                            You called me out like a Boss, though. Respect lol. [emoji113]
                            Last edited by bayranger; 12-13-2014, 08:50 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Apologies for the delay...I had 24 hours to pick between a huge list...
                              DC and NYC...I picked DC. I applied out out of the WFO too, so not sure how or why, but I'll take it. Once again, toss out all logic, rhyme or reason in this process. Excited to get this ball rolling finally either way and can't wait to see more offers go out to you remaining warriors!
                              USSS-SA
                              Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                              Referred: 06/2014
                              Test Date: 07/13/2014
                              SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                              APAT: Passed w/ UD
                              SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                              COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                              SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                              POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                              BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                              HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                              MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                              THE CALL: 12/11/2014

                              Comment


                              • For the incoming class to FLETC. Try and get with the graduating class Sun or Mon for some intel! 24 students in suits would be what the FBI calls a "Clue". A quick smoke and joke session would benefit the class!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9054 users online. 185 members and 8869 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X