300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No longer needed.
    Last edited by Almighty_Reptar; 05-24-2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almighty_Reptar View Post
      Nice! Good luck. I took the SAEE on 11-20 and I'm waiting on the results!
      Was the SS practice test sufficient enough or should I brush up on Lumosity.com. haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by zackwest24 View Post
        Was the SS practice test sufficient enough or should I brush up on Lumosity.com. haha.
        I feel like everything on the test was covered well by the practice test. None of the questions are really things that you can study for in my opinion.

Comment

• So my package got fubar'ed and that's why I only got a 36 hour notice to test. After a few calls they got me rescheduled for a couple weeks out now so I guess I'll run this one to ground now too lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it is sufficient.
            Lumosity lol

Comment

I found that those books where you use certain colors on the corresponding numbers sufficed for prep (aka the Advanced UD POST Prep Guide). If you don't have one of those handy, then I guess the SAEE prep-guide will work. Don't over think it and there is no reason to use up all 40 or however many minutes on the questions that are about yourself. ...I thought those sections allowed for way too much time. As for the Kim's Games, you either have it or you don't. Best way to practice those is memorize license plates and vehicle types/colors while running a few miles. Pick like 5 cars on different blocks on the first part of your run, memorize them, and then when you return on the last leg, try to recite them prior to reaching them. We used to do this while driving down I-95 on leave and it worked out really well. ...that and played Kim's Games all the time. I can still draw all of the images from my SAEE (over 6 months ago) and get the majority of locations and items correct. ...as for all of the colors... I dunno haha. Practice makes perfect.

Good luck!
              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• I took the test yesterday & there were only 3 of us testing. We finished all of the sections early so we moved on - finished about 45 minutes early. The SAEE study guide is pretty much a watered down version of the test. Like someone said above, you can't really study for it. Reading/spelling/grammar skills are important & a great memory is a plus. Just don't over think anything.

Comment

• Took the SAEE for the second time around this week, fingers crossed....I didn't pass the first time around and had to wait a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CavalierGirl View Post
                    I took the test yesterday & there were only 3 of us testing. We finished all of the sections early so we moved on - finished about 45 minutes early. The SAEE study guide is pretty much a watered down version of the test. Like someone said above, you can't really study for it. Reading/spelling/grammar skills are important & a great memory is a plus. Just don't over think anything.
                    Did you have to wait on everybody to get done with a section to move on?

Comment

• Thanks guys! I'm a PO, so I'm always running plates, trying to remember plate numbers, car, driver, occupants, road names all at the same time. I don't think I'm the best "memorizer", but then again I've never been tested on it. I'll check back in after the test. Good luck to everybody else!

Comment

• Originally posted by texengland View Post
                        Did you have to wait on everybody to get done with a section to move on?

Yes - we had to wait for everyone to complete the section before moving to the next one. We all worked at about the same pace, so it was nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CavalierGirl View Post
                          Yes - we had to wait for everyone to complete the section before moving to the next one. We all worked at about the same pace, so it was nice.
                          It's a proctored exam so very "pick up your pencils now put them back down" structured. Everybody does everything on the same time line.

Comment

• For all of you USAJobs status junkies...

I normally check my USAJobs account about three times a day. First thing in the morning, then throughout the day as though something major will happen. This afternoon I noticed the Last Status Update date for the USSS posting (01/2014) updated to today's date, still saying referred though. No change on the careerconnector page.

I just recently (about two weeks ago) had to re-submit a portion of my medical due to an illegible form sent from the doctor's office. All other portions of the process are complete. I assume that someone, somewhere, had to have hit a button regarding my application for that to change. Fun fun.

Comment

• 2013 applicant. I got the dreaded email today. I was done with everything since March. The last communication I had was with my FO and the security adjudication office from HQ in October asking for additional info on family members (date of birth and social security number). This definitely stings after waiting all 18 months. But I guess that is just part of the beauty of ths lovely thing called life. Goodluck to all still in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmasaba View Post
                                2013 applicant. I got the dreaded email today. I was done with everything since March. The last communication I had was with my FO and the security adjudication office from HQ in October asking for additional info on family members (date of birth and social security number). This definitely stings after waiting all 18 months. But I guess that is just part of the beauty of ths lovely thing called life. Goodluck to all still in the process.
                                Wow sorry to hear that. I know that's gotta be tough to swallow. I'm trying to prepare for it as well just in case. The reality is that only a handful of us applicants will not get cut. Best of luck to you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9489 users online. 294 members and 9195 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X