300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
    BTW, do we get a "thin letter" for this process? I was thinking that's another agency. I think we get a thin email for this one.
    You may be right bayranger, I've seen you over on the other message boards and I might have them confused. My CareerConnector on USAJobs hasn't changed since before my poly, it's still stuck on "Grade 07:Your application is under review." Oh well, I know to be patient like everyone else, but if there is somebody out there that failed the poly for some reason, were they told right away?

Comment

• Originally posted by EODGuy View Post
      You may be right bayranger, I've seen you over on the other message boards and I might have them confused. My CareerConnector on USAJobs hasn't changed since before my poly, it's still stuck on "Grade 07:Your application is under review." Oh well, I know to be patient like everyone else, but if there is somebody out there that failed the poly for some reason, were they told right away?
      I was told by HQ they are 3 to 4 months behind in adjudicating the poly, I took that as they are still working on ploys that were done in July or August. So it could be a little while.

Comment

• 2013 applicant here. I completed my poly on November 10th. I was told I neither passed nor failed and to keep my eyes and ears open for a second poly invite. Have not heard anything since. My CareerConnector on USAJobs also says: "Grade 07:Your application is under review."

Comment

• I took my poly in early Sept and have yet to hear back. I'd say most of you have a few weeks to wait until you hear

Comment

• I know personally guys that were told by the polygrapher that they failed but then they still moved on in the process. It's ultimately up to the powers that be after review of the polygraph results. So not matter what you're told on site I think it's best to keep hopes alive until they officially notify you of the next step or tell you thanks but no thanks.
            Thanks (again) for the info on them being behind, Firefox. It looks like we're all in a holding pattern post-poly.

Comment

• You guys were right about activity going on this past weekend. Finally heard back about my SPI and got my COE on Monday. Interesting thing is my AC said that I will be receiving an additional email regarding my SI, credit check, BI in the coming days from HQ and that I will be getting an invite to head to HQ (DC) around Dec 13 to go over packet. Anyone find this odd or routine? I am processing out of a FO, however not DC. Furthermore, having me go on Sat.? Just seems weird. Any help or input would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Congrats, TopNach. That does seem odd regarding the different location and a Saturday. But other than that it seems routine.

Passed my phase 1 FBI SA exam today and, IMO, the USSS SAEE was more difficult.
                Now, the fitness test for FBI... That's a different animal!

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                  Congrats, TopNach. That does seem odd regarding the different location and a Saturday. But other than that it seems routine.

Passed my phase 1 FBI SA exam today and, IMO, the USSS SAEE was more difficult.
                  Now, the fitness test for FBI... That's a different animal!
                  Thank you sir! Much appreciated, I'll keep ya posted.

Likewise congrats, on passing Phase I. Really you found the SAEE more difficult? I thought maybe it would be the other way around. Yea the Bu test is no joke and I know a few people who got cut because of the fitness portion. One of them ended up going NCIS. The new Director (Comey) also mandated mandatory PT test for all SAs this year and has brought a lot of changes to the Bu and brings a fresh new perspective on things. Best of luck with Phase II and the entire process. If selected for both, which would you choose?

Comment

• New leadership new process?

Comment

• Congrats on passing FBI Phase 1! I passed mine in July. That was the second time testing for me so I was a little stressed about retaking it. I however found their test way more difficult than the SAEE...the logical reasoning questions were way more complex. Just my opinion though. But yeah their PT test is no joke! I'm in pretty dang good shape but that sprint is insane! I may have to have them delay me by one meet and greet just to get ready for it. But hopefully the USSS will come with an offer before that and I'll gladly accept :-). Anyways congrats on working on both as well and good luck in both!

Comment

• Originally posted by TopNach View Post
                        Thank you sir! Much appreciated, I'll keep ya posted.

Likewise congrats, on passing Phase I. Really you found the SAEE more difficult? I thought maybe it would be the other way around. Yea the Bu test is no joke and I know a few people who got cut because of the fitness portion. One of them ended up going NCIS. The new Director (Comey) also mandated mandatory PT test for all SAs this year and has brought a lot of changes to the Bu and brings a fresh new perspective on things. Best of luck with Phase II and the entire process. If selected for both, which would you choose?
                        Thanks! The way SAEE was structured I thought made it more difficult. I didn't notice a difference in the reasoning sections. Plus the SAEE had the added photo portions you had to recall details. Plus the grammar portion. So the only tough part on phase 1 was logical reasoning.
                        That's the million dollars question I suppose. The answer is whichever offers first (if either). But if I had them both on the line, I'd probably choose FBI. Although the not knowing where you're going until after you're hired is a bit nerve wracking. I'm also in ATF and would love to get an offer from them. We'll see.

Originally posted by Erik59 View Post
                        Congrats on passing FBI Phase 1! I passed mine in July. That was the second time testing for me so I was a little stressed about retaking it. I however found their test way more difficult than the SAEE...the logical reasoning questions were way more complex. Just my opinion though. But yeah their PT test is no joke! I'm in pretty dang good shape but that sprint is insane! I may have to have them delay me by one meet and greet just to get ready for it. But hopefully the USSS will come with an offer before that and I'll gladly accept :-). Anyways congrats on working on both as well and good luck in both!
                        Yeah brother! Thank you. Best of luck to you as well. Hopefully out of 3 (for now) somebody will give me The Callâ„¢ in 2015. I'll take any of the 3.

Comment

• I've received my security packet and had a quick question. I've only looked at it on my phone so I may have missed The directions. On the medical portion do we find our own doctor to complete it before we turn in the packet?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by tango31 View Post
                            I've received my security packet and had a quick question. I've only looked at it on my phone so I may have missed The directions. On the medical portion do we find our own doctor to complete it before we turn in the packet?

Thanks
                            If you're referring to the huge packet post COE / Pre security interview (as opposed to something to do with medical, which I'm waiting on and unsure of), then no. I didn't have any Dr contact regarding my security packet. Just complete your medical history on your own with meds taken, surgeries, etc.
                            Hope that helps.

Comment

• Thanks Bayranger, I figured you'd be the first to answer. It is the pre-security packet. There's a large medical section, which says for the applicant to fill out the first 15 questions and a physician to do the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by tango31 View Post
                                Thanks Bayranger, I figured you'd be the first to answer. It is the pre-security packet. There's a large medical section, which says for the applicant to fill out the first 15 questions and a physician to do the rest.
                                Hmm... Maybe there's something additional I didn't have to do? All I did was the section I filled out myself. Call your field office if you're not sure.
                                Yeah I get notified on a few favorited threads on here so I see posts as soon as they're posted. People have answered a lot of questions for me on here so I try to pay it back if it's something I can try to answer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9314 users online. 479 members and 8835 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X