300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LEOmedic View Post
    May not mean anything, but throughout my experiences with federal law enforcement application processes, bad news typically comes when you get the "you will be notified via email" and good news comes when you get "you will be contacted via email". This may not always be the case, but it has been pretty consistent for me.
    I just looked again as well and mine actually says "contacted via email" and not "notified" so hopefully you're right that that's a good sign. That's tricky. I had no idea there were two different verbs in there.
    Last edited by cdburt04; 11-24-2014, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Same here. GS-7 says contacted and GS-9 says notified. Weird!!! USAjobs says my status was updated to Referred on 11/14. I am so confused. Jan 14 applicant.
      Last edited by queso2314; 11-24-2014, 10:37 AM.
      Applied:01/2014
      Referred:01/2014
      Test Date: 03/2014
      SAEE Passed: 03/2014
      APAT: N/A
      SPI: 04/2014
      COE-(GS-7): 06/2014
      SI:07/2014
      Polygraph: 8/14
      Medical: 9/14
      Background: Complete (Hiring Panel)
      Final Offer: 12/14

Comment

• Hopefully we'll start getting emails figure it all out. LEOmedic with the attention to detail game changer...

Comment

• Received my COE today. It was a tough decision, but I decided to turn it down. I don't think the USA jobs status means anything at all, but for the record, mine says "Your application is under review." One more spot for the rest of you! Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingArcher View Post
            Received my COE today. It was a tough decision, but I decided to turn it down. I don't think the USA jobs status means anything at all, but for the record, mine says "Your application is under review." One more spot for the rest of you! Good Luck!
            Best of luck to you. Everybody has their reasons. Good for you actually to do it at the COE instead of dragging it out to the FO.

Comment

• What duty locations did they offer you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                Best of luck to you. Everybody has their reasons. Good for you actually to do it at the COE instead of dragging it out to the FO.
                Yeah, I am not trying to be secretive about it or anything. I am a former UD guy. I wanted to want the job, but the truth is, it just isn't the agency for me. I had a good talk with the interviewing agents after my interview, and it confirmed my thoughts. I don't want to waste any more of their or my time.

Originally posted by texengland View Post
                What duty locations did they offer you?
                I did not get any locations in the COE. I assume you will not get those unless you make it to "the call."

Comment

• When did you have your SPI? I'm coming up on 6 weeks without any info.

Comment

• Originally posted by tango31 View Post
                    When did you have your SPI? I'm coming up on 6 weeks without any info.
                    I had my SPI a few weeks ago. But from what I understand about the process, I wouldn't put too much thought into the timeline. Everyone is different based on how and when your particular field office submitted the results.

Comment

• Originally posted by tango31 View Post
                      When did you have your SPI? I'm coming up on 6 weeks without any info.
                      FWIW, it took 6 weeks for me to get my COE (aka notification that I passed) after my SPI.

Comment

• I was just wondering how long it takes to hear back from your polygraph results? I took my poly at the end of October and have yet to receive the dreaded "thin" letter if I'm getting one. I've heard that the letter normally comes within a week or two and I'm going on a month. My experience was not so great, but I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be too much fun. I was hoping somebody could enlighten and guesstimate how long it normally takes to get the "thin" letter or even results as to whether or not you passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by EODGuy View Post
                          I was just wondering how long it takes to hear back from your polygraph results? I took my poly at the end of October and have yet to receive the dreaded "thin" letter if I'm getting one. I've heard that the letter normally comes within a week or two and I'm going on a month. My experience was not so great, but I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be too much fun. I was hoping somebody could enlighten and guesstimate how long it normally takes to get the "thin" letter or even results as to whether or not you passed?

I believe I am now 6 weeks post polygraph and have not heard a word, good or bad.

Comment

• Thanks jondw for the reply, I hope you hear some good news soon bro. I know it sounds selfish of me, but I'm kinda glad it's not just me. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by EODGuy View Post
                              I was just wondering how long it takes to hear back from your polygraph results? I took my poly at the end of October and have yet to receive the dreaded "thin" letter if I'm getting one. I've heard that the letter normally comes within a week or two and I'm going on a month. My experience was not so great, but I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be too much fun. I was hoping somebody could enlighten and guesstimate how long it normally takes to get the "thin" letter or even results as to whether or not you passed?
                              Not just you. I'm almost 6 weeks post poly and was told I passed at the end of it by the polygrapher. But nada since then.
                              Well... Except the mysterious "You will be contacted by email." career connector / USAJobs Referred status updates.

Comment

• BTW, do we get a "thin letter" for this process? I was thinking that's another agency. I think we get a thin email for this one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12574 users online. 333 members and 12241 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X