300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by portnj View Post
    any suggestions what not to wear to the SAEE? Should I keep it simple and wear a white dress shirt? Also any good study guides or quizzes for practice. I've already gone through the one the secret service has. I figured the more practice the better
    Suit up. Nothing too pimp. Just professional where you look just sharp without standing out (for the wrong reasons).
    I only studied the USSS website/study guide they provide and it was helpful and sufficient for me.
    BTW, I failed. JK I passed it. Get sleep and a good breakfast so you can keep focused bc it's a little long. Good luck.

Comment

• Thanks for quick reply. I think I'm just stressing the color of the dress shirt to much. I figure a plain white with a black tie would be sufficient. If anything I'll change the tie so I don't come off as a waiter. I thought my application was on hold until they called me last Thursday to schedule the SAEE this week

Comment

• Originally posted by portnj View Post
        Thanks for quick reply. I think I'm just stressing the color of the dress shirt to much. I figure a plain white with a black tie would be sufficient. If anything I'll change the tie so I don't come off as a waiter. I thought my application was on hold until they called me last Thursday to schedule the SAEE this week
        Did you take the test yesterday in Trenton?

Comment

• I've been in post SI, pre Poly limbo since early August. My USAJobs account sent me an update last night but when I checked it still says "your application is under review" as it has since the SI. Anybody else get the same?

Comment

• Originally posted by 7399 View Post
            I've been in post SI, pre Poly limbo since early August. My USAJobs account sent me an update last night but when I checked it still says "your application is under review" as it has since the SI. Anybody else get the same?
            Every time I've received an update like that (whether it changes to anything different or not), something followed shortly thereafter in the actual process so I would think something positive happened in yours. Maybe you'll get your poly call today.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
              Every time I've received an update like that (whether it changes to anything different or not), something followed shortly thereafter in the actual process so I would think something positive happened in yours. Maybe you'll get your poly call today.
              so you're saying there's a chance?!

Comment

• Originally posted by 7399 View Post
                so you're saying there's a chance?!
                Lol OK, Dumb and Dumber.

I've either gotten an email or call the days following my USSS USAJobs updates no matter what the updates say. Which I've gathered that what they say doesn't really seem to matter.

Comment

• yeah my experience has been the same up until it updated to that in August after the SI and then crickets on the Poly and now "updated" to the same thing again...we'll see where it goes.

Comment

• My advice is to not put much stock into the usajobs status. Pretty much after you have been referred and selected for an interview it isn't helpful at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
                      My advice is to not put much stock into the usajobs status. Pretty much after you have been referred and selected for an interview it isn't helpful at all.
                      I agree as far as what the USAJobs status literally says... But each time mine has updated its been bc something tangible has happened in the process. So it's worth noting at least.

Comment

I agree as far as what the USAJobs status literally says... But each time mine has updated its been bc something tangible has happened in the process. So it's worth noting at least.
                        My usajobs status still says application received. Yet I'm here at FLETC in the final stretch to graduation. So take the usajobs updates with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunyfofu69 View Post
                          My usajobs status still says application received. Yet I'm here at FLETC in the final stretch to graduation. So take the usajobs updates with a grain of salt.
                          Completely jealous, for the record... Just to state that up front and get it out of the way. Lol

That's what I'm saying as well - that whatever it says (ie "application received") means essentially nothing after your process has started. But my point is that, for me at least, every time mine has updated, something has actually happened in the process. An email, a next step, a form was submitted.. Something. That's all. It updated for a reason, although not related to the words of the USAJobs notification itself.

Comment

Completely jealous, for the record... Just to state that up front and get it out of the way. Lol
                            I'm all jelly too
                            The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                            Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                            Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• So today I got a random call from DC. Turns out its an USSS special agent calling to talk to me about USSS SA, Special Officer, and UD. (applied to all three) We ended up having about 5 conversations due to my answering questions and then her having to call me back later to get more information. To cut to the chase so to speak, she tells me that they were just given direct hire authority and I would be being contacted soon by some HR rep to get me through the process fast.

Anyone else have a similar experience recently?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
                                So today I got a random call from DC. Turns out its an USSS special agent calling to talk to me about USSS SA, Special Officer, and UD. (applied to all three) We ended up having about 5 conversations due to my answering questions and then her having to call me back later to get more information. To cut to the chase so to speak, she tells me that they were just given direct hire authority and I would be being contacted soon by some HR rep to get me through the process fast.

Anyone else have a similar experience recently?
                                Well that sounds promising.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5137 users online. 363 members and 4774 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X