Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TJDOYLIE View Post
    I also received an E-mail inviting me to take the SAEE in a few weeks.

    Question: How far along in the process does the APAT take place?

    I searched the Job posting and didn't see any reference to the APAT.

    I'm not trying to jump the gun, just wanted to know how long i had to get into shape...
    The APAT has been discontinued... At least this entire year it has... No word on if or when it's gonna come back...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TJDOYLIE View Post
      I also received an E-mail inviting me to take the SAEE in a few weeks.

      Question: How far along in the process does the APAT take place?

      I searched the Job posting and didn't see any reference to the APAT.

      I'm not trying to jump the gun, just wanted to know how long i had to get into shape...
      Which FO are you processing with?

      Comment


      • NY FO....Have you heard the same about the apat?

        Thank you C DOUBLE OK, if this is true I am relieved. At least for now...

        Comment


        • I called The Number â„¢ to ask about my status post poly. The polygrapher told me to call if I hadn't heard anything after one month. The person asked my name, looked me up in 10-15 seconds, and said that I should be moving on to the next step. When I asked about time frame, I was told 2-3 weeks.

          Here's my question for those far along...do you think they just said that to brush me off and get me off the phone or can they legitimately see my status that fast with information they have accessible?

          I'm remembering sappy lyrics from the Backstreet Boys..."Quit playing games with my heart...with my heart..."
          The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
          Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
          Believer in the ~bean Suffix

          Comment


          • Great...now I can hear the chorus of all you sickos humming that lame song. Happy Friday! Let's hope for news next week. Go do some push-ups!
            The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
            Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
            Believer in the ~bean Suffix

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bruddah View Post
              I called The Number â„¢ to ask about my status post poly. The polygrapher told me to call if I hadn't heard anything after one month. The person asked my name, looked me up in 10-15 seconds, and said that I should be moving on to the next step. When I asked about time frame, I was told 2-3 weeks.

              Here's my question for those far along...do you think they just said that to brush me off and get me off the phone or can they legitimately see my status that fast with information they have accessible?

              I'm remembering sappy lyrics from the Backstreet Boys..."Quit playing games with my heart...with my heart..."
              Originally posted by bruddah View Post
              Great...now I can hear the chorus of all you sickos humming that lame song. Happy Friday! Let's hope for news next week. Go do some push-ups!
              Literally laughed out loud at this, thanks! This thread needs some humor from time to time. PM for my opinion of calling to check the status of applications.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TJDOYLIE View Post
                NY FO....Have you heard the same about the apat?

                Thank you C DOUBLE OK, if this is true I am relieved. At least for now...
                Yep. As far as I know the APAT is still suspended but that may change with the new director. I've been doing physical training for two other federal jobs for about two months, though, so if they bring it back, that's fine with me. The physical tests usually come pretty quickly after getting through phase one of the fed jobs hiring process (that seems to be the case anyway - anywhere from 1-3 months). In other words, if you have any doubts about your physical fitness you may want to start working on it. Good luck on the SAEE!

                Comment


                • After a few months of silence, yesterday I finally received a call to schedule my poly for this upcoming week. I am looking forward to getting past this next step and continuing through the process but also a little nervous because I have never taken one before. Good luck to those still moving through the process at whichever stage you are at.

                  Since the APAT has been recently brought up I wanted to point out that the USSS updated the employment website and removed it from the hiring steps. Check it out: http://www.secretservice.gov/join/apply.shtml#
                  and here is just the enlarged pic: http://www.secretservice.gov/join/im...hart-Large.jpg

                  Comment


                  • Congrats to all of you Guys and Gals who are in "THE PROCESS" I am taking the SAEE DEC 2nd very nervous but I'm studying and doing PT if anyone has any advise please let me know it will defiantly calm my nerves. Congratulations to all

                    Comment


                    • Final Offer:
                      ------------

                      June 2013 Applicants:
                      Finished with home interview:
                      -------------
                      ACCTtoSA
                      JDub801
                      Officer963
                      Gonzoco
                      Erik59
                      Mid2Agent

                      January 2014 Applicants
                      Finished with home interview:
                      -------------
                      Queso2314
                      Cuffs309
                      Hunterthe4th
                      Cdburt04
                      Bham
                      LEOmedic

                      Comment


                      • Received today, "Based on information gathered during the required background investigation, you were not selected to continue in the application process."

                        At least they didn't drag it out since June of 2013.....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BigJ1982 View Post
                          Received today, "Based on information gathered during the required background investigation, you were not selected to continue in the application process."

                          At least they didn't drag it out since June of 2013.....
                          Man there's been a lot of people end at that stage. Sorry to hear it. Serves to let us all know we're not safe til we get a final offer.

                          Comment


                          • Gents,

                            Spoke to DC today. Had to fix a mix-up in my status. Asked the guy about the class schedule for this year, he informed me there were only 6 classes scheduled for the remainder of the fiscal year because of the director change. Here's to a new director and more classes!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BigJ1982 View Post
                              Received today, "Based on information gathered during the required background investigation, you were not selected to continue in the application process."

                              At least they didn't drag it out since June of 2013.....
                              Sorry to hear that Bigj. I remember you talking about going in for a second poly. Did you advance to medical and background or was this the first you've heard back from them?
                              The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                              Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                              Believer in the ~bean Suffix

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by eaglesWR7 View Post
                                Gents,

                                Spoke to DC today. Had to fix a mix-up in my status. Asked the guy about the class schedule for this year, he informed me there were only 6 classes scheduled for the remainder of the fiscal year because of the director change. Here's to a new director and more classes!
                                Guess I was wrong about my source here at fletc. Stay motivated

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 16441 users online. 455 members and 15986 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X