Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would hope a 2014 applicant couldn't jump ahead of a 2013. And I'm a 2014. But fair is fair and I wouldn't want it to happen to me if I was a 2013.

Comment

• I'm about 7 weeks post poly and still have not heard anything. If an applicant failed would they have been notified by now? I know, no news is good news but I see some other applicants have moved on to the medical with less time post poly. Has anyone else been waitng on results from the poly? Jan 2014 applicant

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent25 View Post
        I'm about 7 weeks post poly and still have not heard anything. If an applicant failed would they have been notified by now? I know, no news is good news but I see some other applicants have moved on to the medical with less time post poly. Has anyone else been waitng on results from the poly? Jan 2014 applicant
        I got notified 2 months after poly to take medical. I am still waiting medial clearance, as I was required to do some follow up with private docs.

June 2013 applicant here. Had poly in April 2014.

Comment

• For all the time line folks out there:

Notified to schedule medical approximately a month and a few days after poly. HI was just completed this week and I was told that is pretty much the end of the BI. Now, I wait with everyone else. January '14 applicant.
          Last edited by cuffs309; 08-29-2014, 01:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• I've gone 0 for 2014 on applying.

First announcement, cut due to "illegible transcripts"

Second, did not meet min quals for 7 or 9

Most recent, same story.

masters degree, 10 years IT experience.
            Answered all questions favorably.

Yet that does not meet minimum quals
            Last edited by s0450982; 08-29-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Not to divert your comment... Did you try FBI announcement recently? Seems you would qualify for that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0450982 View Post
                I've gone 0 for 2014 on applying.

First announcement, cut due to "illegible transcripts"

Second, did not meet min quals for 7 or 9

Most recent, same story.

masters degree, 10 years IT experience.
                Answered all questions favorably.

Yet that does not meet minimum quals
                Typical example of no rhyme or reason...sorry to hear that. Keep trying though!!
                USSS-SA
                Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                Referred: 06/2014
                Test Date: 07/13/2014
                SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                APAT: Passed w/ UD
                SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

• Thread crashing. But, I just wanted to add that you should make sure you send in your bachelor degree transcript, not just your masters degree transcript. Someone who's just scanning quickly through the 1000's of applications won't see the bachelors degree transcripts and just assume you don't have one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xerxela View Post
                    Thread crashing. But, I just wanted to add that you should make sure you send in your bachelor degree transcript, not just your masters degree transcript. Someone who's just scanning quickly through the 1000's of applications won't see the bachelors degree transcripts and just assume you don't have one.
                    Great point! I was rejected once because of that very issue. It was explained to me that HR isn't at liberty to assume you have a bachelor's just because you have a master's. Scan or caputure both into one file, like one of our most current posters.
                    USSS-SA
                    Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                    Referred: 06/2014
                    Test Date: 07/13/2014
                    SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                    APAT: Passed w/ UD
                    SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                    COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                    SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                    MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

• Just an update...

Went in for my security interview today. Got told the same info that you guys are putting out. 12 classes upcoming starting in October with 24 per class. Stated that your most likely not going to be offered where you are putting in at, as they consider that home, and they want you to get used to moving around, because you'll most likely move at least 3 times in your career, if not more. Anyway, just updating my timeline so we can keep the hope flowing around here. Next up....the dreaded poly....dum dum dummmmm....lol

USSS-SA
                      Applied: 05/02/2014
                      Referred: 06/08/2014
                      Test Date: 06/09/2014
                      SAEE Passed: 06/16/2014
                      APAT: Suspended I hear, but SAC said they might bring it back
                      SPI: 07/16/2014
                      COE: 08/17/2014
                      SI: 08/29/2014 (security interview, fingerprinted and photos)
                      POLY: N/A
                      MEDICAL: N/A
                      FINAL OFFER: N/A

Comment

• I was told that the local agents conduct your BI. Working with those agents in the immediate future can have some conflict.

Think of a coworker that knows every detail about you, the preconceived notions he/she may have about you, etc. As a result of your BI

Comment

• I've also been told that they don't want you to start out where you're from because you'll be doing cases and don't want you to be in an area where people know you. That's pretty much the case with most agencies from what I've been told.

Comment

• Either way, you ain't starting out at home! Nor will you be for the first dozen years at least until protection detail is over then good luck. Might as well not count on it during career.

Comment

• Now we wait for DEA to open in a couple days..

How is the SAEE test by the way? I'll have to take mine since I'm a first time applicant.
                              Last edited by NextGenOfc; 08-29-2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
                                Now we wait for DEA to open in a couple days..

How is the SAEE test by the way? I'll have to take mine since I'm a first time applicant.
                                The study guide they provide it key to passing. Read the explanations on why the right answer is the right answer and the others were wrong.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3113 users online. 195 members and 2918 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X