Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re-scan the transcripts as one file. Re-upload to CC to replace whatever you had last with the new scan of all 3 in 1 file. Assume nothing carries over automatically.

    Comment


    • Secret Service SA hiring process

      I'm going to have to scan them at work, they're each 8x11 so I hope they can fit. When you scanned yours you were able to send them to your email address? Then upload?

      Or send it to my phone
      Last edited by NextGenOfc; 08-28-2014, 09:48 AM.

      Comment


      • Waiting June 2013 Applicants:
        Finished with home interview:
        -------------
        ACCTtoSA
        JDub801
        Officer959
        Officer963
        Bulldog6
        Gonzoco
        Ssb***a
        Erik59
        Konipt
        BigBro

        January 2014 Applicants
        -------------

        Comment


        • Shout out to all of us still here! Hope everyone is enjoying the last days of Summer, and looking forward to Fall. Let's hope for a Fall class and keep up the faith!

          Comment


          • Yeah i can only fit two on the scanner so i guess all i can do is take a picture of all three next to eachother and upload it


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
              Yeah i can only fit two on the scanner so i guess all i can do is take a picture of all three next to eachother and upload it


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              The scanner should be able to scan one page at a time, but continue so that 3 pages go onto 1 PDF file. If not, you can merge PDF files into 1 if you have Adobe Acrobat 11.
              If you can't do the above, take a photo of each transcript page. Then go into Word, and insert each picture onto separate pages. Viola, one Word document with all of your transcripts. Keep them full size, in this thread many applicants were booted for unclear transcripts. Gluck

              Comment


              • Yeah I'm gonna have to go the Microsoft word way. I'm taking some fresh pics now so that should work. Thanks again.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • No such thing as a dumb question right, ha-ha. Thinking about applying to this new posting and selecting a different FO to process out of since my SPI is taking for ever to schedule. What do you think?

                  Another question which I know has been answered in the past but don't feel like searching through all 376 sites to find. Anyone know why there have been three vacancy announcements in one year and such desperation when you have personnel that are cleared since June '13? Just curious as to why when other agencies only post once every 2-3 year.
                  Last edited by TopNach; 08-28-2014, 02:17 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
                    Yeah I'm gonna have to go the Microsoft word way. I'm taking some fresh pics now so that should work. Thanks again.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Try downloading the CamScanner app on your iphone (or android) you can use it to take photos of documents and then merge them together into one, just like a scanner and e-mail as a .pdf or word doc. Its a great tool. The scans will have a "generated by CamScanner" watermark in the bottom right corner but I used it to upload my transcripts and it hasnt been a problem

                    Comment


                    • TOPNach,
                      I've been told they need to hire a bunch of applicants over the next FY or two. Not sure how many make it to the boards from the original application pool but I gurantee it's quite small compared to how many initially apply. So for the June 13' applicants, that's when we applied. We haven't been cleared that long. Our pool of candidates first started getting offers in May 14' for the first academy in June 14' from what I've heard. So it'll take a while to get through those of is in 13' since there are only 24 slots per class. But they need to continue to get applicants because (a) it's not guranteed that even if you make it to and through the home interview (last step before the hiring board) that you'll get hired, and (b) not all offered jobs take it. Last round had 3 decline after accepting and those are just those on this board. Who knows how many do that?

                      Just my opinion of course. Either way, keep trucking a long!

                      Oh and wouldn't bother applying to another FO. It'll just kick it out since you already have one in the system. Even if you could they don't let you apply through FO outside if your geographic area anyways. Unfortunately, were stuck with the one we've got and just have to remain patient and trust the process :-)

                      Comment


                      • Hi,

                        May 2014 applicant here, slowly moving along. Next step is the poly!
                        Applied: 05/12/2014
                        SAEE: 06/13/2014
                        Passed SAEE: 06/17/2014
                        SPI: 07/09/2014
                        Passed SPI: Not Notified
                        Conditional Offer: 08/04/2014
                        Security Interview: 08/27/2014
                        Poly:
                        Medical:
                        BI:

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by KnightSmoke View Post
                          Hi,

                          May 2014 applicant here, slowly moving along. Next step is the poly!

                          Slowly? Took me 9 months to get to the poly! Id say your moving quick!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Erik59 View Post
                            TOPNach,
                            I've been told they need to hire a bunch of applicants over the next FY or two. Not sure how many make it to the boards from the original application pool but I gurantee it's quite small compared to how many initially apply. So for the June 13' applicants, that's when we applied. We haven't been cleared that long. Our pool of candidates first started getting offers in May 14' for the first academy in June 14' from what I've heard. So it'll take a while to get through those of is in 13' since there are only 24 slots per class. But they need to continue to get applicants because (a) it's not guranteed that even if you make it to and through the home interview (last step before the hiring board) that you'll get hired, and (b) not all offered jobs take it. Last round had 3 decline after accepting and those are just those on this board. Who knows how many do that?

                            Just my opinion of course. Either way, keep trucking a long!

                            Oh and wouldn't bother applying to another FO. It'll just kick it out since you already have one in the system. Even if you could they don't let you apply through FO outside if your geographic area anyways. Unfortunately, were stuck with the one we've got and just have to remain patient and trust the process :-)
                            Noooo, Erik that is not what I want to read/hear ha-ha. Ok, I guess it all makes sense. Best advice that I came across is, "Pretend that you never applied and don't have all your eggs in one basket."

                            Do you or anyone know if they do Interim security clearances (I know its frowned upon now a days)? I know it depends with the agency that your applying with and they can choose to honor a poly from somewhere else and/or just do the BI from your last re-investigation (5yr, 10yr, etc.) from your current agency. I know they'll make you do a SF-86 regardless but I've heard that agencies have the flexibility do to amount of time BIs take especially SSBIs and cost savings for the agency that your applying to. Per OPM
                            Last edited by TopNach; 08-28-2014, 08:49 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Unfortunately no. When I came tonDHS fromnAcyive Duty they honored my TS clearance. Just had to do an SF-86C, update from when my last clearance was done since it was still valid. Which sped it up and saved them time/money. But In my experience from talkin to my 1811 buddies, when you're going for an 1811 position with one of the big 5 agencies, (FBI,HSI,USSS, DEA,ATF), they don't care if you have a current TS/SCI and have been poly'd from another agency even if you are an 1811 already. They will still repoly you and do a full scope SSBI again. Although yes, seems to waste time/money, it's just the way it is unfortunately. Obviously it helps in speeding it up a little since you're already holding one but still has to be redone by "their people"...just the way it is.

                              Oh and Bunyfofo...yeah I am right there with you on the 9 months to Poly buddy! Mine was the same! Guess that 3 week shutdown us June 13' applicants didn't help us at all! I did my SPI 7 days before the govt shut down and it seemed like that slowed the entire process up by 3 months because I didn't hear I passed until Dec and prior to the shut down we were moving...it was about a month in between each step prior to the shut down. Oh well, all done now and hoping to get the "call" next go around for the hiring panel!

                              Comment


                              • So to keep hope alive. My thought process is that after the October 1st budget kicks in more hiring panels convene. They continue through the June 2013 group until they exhaust that and move into jan 2014 testers. Is that accurate or can a person who clears now jump ahead of a cleared 2013 applicant?
                                SA PROCESS

                                Applied June 2013
                                Written August 2013
                                PT Test October 2013
                                SPI November 2013
                                Panel February 2014
                                Poly March 2014
                                Medical May 2014
                                Background May 2014
                                Home Interview End of May 2014

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 3009 users online. 191 members and 2818 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X