Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several posts have mentioned a contact number in Washington were you can check on your status. I have a co-worker of mine who had his poly 3 months ago and still hasn't heard his results yet. I have a contact at WFO that I have used several times for myself in the process. I dont want to call him and ask him to check on the status of another applicant. If someone has the number could you PM the number so I can pass it on to him.
    Thanks!

Comment

• "Figured what the heck, I'd add what I heard to the rumor mill. I was detailed with some agents during Inauguration and we were discussing attrition. I was told that two classes per month is accurate because they have lost many people, outside of retirement. Either way, they said this is a great time to be in the process."

read this on the 911 forum. If it is true this is good news for those of us waiting on the call.

Comment

• Who all on this forum is done with the app. process and waiting on the call?

Anyone heard any good rumors lately regarding Hiring panel dates or the FLETC class schedule?

Comment

• All has been pretty quiet on this thread and other forums for people in the application process. I am hoping to get the call for the TEA exam test date. Im over a year in the process and still waiting to take the TEA exam!! I left a couple messages with the DC FO but did not get a call back yet. Hopefully should hear something soon now that the inauguration is over.
          USSS SA:
          2/08 Applied
          7/08 Initial Interview
          5/09 TEA Exam
          11/09 Panel
          6/10 BQA Letter
          07/10 Reapplied

USSS UD:
          11/10 Applied
          01/11 Submitted Requested SF86

FBI:
          1/08 Applied
          1/08 Phase I Test - Did not pass
          1/09 Resubmitted Application
          2/09 Phase I Test - Passed
          5/09 Phase II - Passed
          5/09 PFT - Failed - Tore Hamstring during 300m
          9/09 Passed PFT - 19 Points!
          10/09 BQA Letter

USCP:
          05/10 Applied
          06/10 Received COE Letter
          10/10 POST Test - Passed

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Comment

• I have been done with the entire process including home interview/adjudication/urine test since April 2008. I have been waiting to hear something since. I was approved by the hiring panel in December 2008 and was told that they are currently filling a March class and then will have two classes running a month for FY09. Hopefully I was told the truth and am not still in limbo.

Comment

• Originally posted by pcs258
                  i applied at the end of december and still have not heard anything....should I expect to wait longer?

thanks
                  Unfortunately, waiting is the name of the game in this process. So yes, just stay patient and truly forget about the whole thing until someone calls you. You will spare yourself much grief. You have anywhere from 8 months to a year or more before a hiring decision gets made. So just relax and carry on with your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by forresde1 View Post
                    Although this is an USSS forum, since nothing is going on......how is the FBI Phase I test? Are there study guides or is it general knowledge?
                    I passed the FBI phase I back in May. Even though I passed, I didn't get invited to phase II. The USSS seems to value my military background much more so than the FBI because the AC told me that I should get a graduate degree to make myself more competitive. I have started a graduate program for that specific reason but I think I may get hired by the USSS.

Anyway, phase I is not terribly difficult. If you've ever taken the GMAT, you'll do fine. Two portions of the test cannot be studied for. The other portion is the logical reasoning portion. Get a GMAT study guide to practice.

Comment

• It seems calls have not gone out since mid December. Hopefully they will start up soon.

Hey Mccall, why is it you are just now getting scheduled for the poly. Haven't you already had your home visit and BI?

Comment

• Well, I found out I passed the Panel. Now it's time to wait for the Poly. How are you guys dealing with your housing situation? I just moved out of the house I was renting b/c I didn't want to renew a year lease.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                            It seems calls have not gone out since mid December. Hopefully they will start up soon.

Hey Mccall, why is it you are just now getting scheduled for the poly. Haven't you already had your home visit and BI?

Hey England, I had my poly in June 2008. If you read my post I was asking for the number for a co-worker of mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLiens View Post
                              Well, I found out I passed the Panel. Now it's time to wait for the Poly. How are you guys dealing with your housing situation? I just moved out of the house I was renting b/c I didn't want to renew a year lease.
                              If you are just now passing the Panel interview, you still have quite some time to go typically. I would check into a 6 months lease. Chances are if you get hired it would be towards the last couple months of that lease.

congratulations on passing the panel. Now comes the difficult part. Alot of guys get cut on the physical and poly. good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcall80 View Post
                                Hey England, I had my poly in June 2008. If you read my post I was asking for the number for a co-worker of mine.
                                NM, I was looking on the ATF thread. You posted there that you had a poly on the 27th and I got the threads conf.

My bad

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9023 users online. 449 members and 8574 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X