Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they tell you what is happening during the two days in Beltsville?

Comment

• Removed..............
      Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corpor_usmc View Post
        Congrats! I think you are the only one who accepted NYC so far, which is a good sign for me
        I think they're offering it to everyone from what I'm seeing. No takers. I love NY, and I hear the work is good. Hope more join me.

Comment

• January applicant here.
          I just scheduled my Poly, nice to see a little movement.

Comment

• Scoops, looks like we are in the same class..congrats

Comment

• Congrats to all those receiving the call...nice to actually see that eventually people do make it to FLETC and beyond. I'm a Jan 14 applicant and I'm headed in for my SI tomorrow. Hopefully they can schedule the poly soon thereafter, who really knows right?!
              The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
              Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
              Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• My job survived our company acquisition in January from a Fortune 200 company. Now it's on the chopping block...yay. I made a killer presentation at a board meeting this last week for executives from the parent company. Before I left work, I was offered a position with the parent company for a six figure base + bonus and commissions. The bad part is that I will travel at least 3 times per month at 3 days a pop. My concern is that my travel schedule will cause scheduling conflicts with my processing and also that a BI would kill the excited vibe for my new boss. I would drop the gig in a heartbeat, but if I'm not able to make it through for some reason, I obviously want to keep my career path going. Anyone who can relate? Thoughts?
                The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• Ouch. That's a tough call man. If they get wind of it at your new job I would explain to them it's just a shot in the dark and it's so competitive that few get a final offer. It's not a lie really but may ease the boss's mind some. That way if you don't get it you can say "see I told you it was just a stab on a cool job". And if you do get an offer... Who cares what you tell your "old" boss, right?

Comment

• congrats brotha. (see what i did there? haha )

Comment

• Nada..just an email.

Comment

• Take the new gig...federal hiring process is hit or miss depending on which way the wind is blowing. When its all said and done, you will have to make a choice when you "Get the call".

Comment

• Anyone out of San Antonio hear anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by bruddah View Post
                            My job survived our company acquisition in January from a Fortune 200 company. Now it's on the chopping block...yay. I made a killer presentation at a board meeting this last week for executives from the parent company. Before I left work, I was offered a position with the parent company for a six figure base + bonus and commissions. The bad part is that I will travel at least 3 times per month at 3 days a pop. My concern is that my travel schedule will cause scheduling conflicts with my processing and also that a BI would kill the excited vibe for my new boss. I would drop the gig in a heartbeat, but if I'm not able to make it through for some reason, I obviously want to keep my career path going. Anyone who can relate? Thoughts?
                            Bruddah,
                            I had a similar thing happen to me. I started a new job in June. My 4th day of work, the agent performing my background showed up at my new employer's office asking questions about me. My status was changed to part-time with no benefits 2 days later.

However, my relationship with my Manager is great. From a business perspective, they want to make sure they have employees that want to work for them on a long-term basis. I can say it doesn't suck, but I would not have done anyting differently.

I want the USSS more than anything, but you gotta have a backup plan, and you gotta take care of #1. When I went to the SAIC at my FO, he said that is one of the unfortunate drawbacks, however it was what I signed up for.

Point is, USSS doesn't care. Your employer will probably care, but make sure you tell them BEFORE the USSS talks to them.

Comment

• Bruddah, if they contact your boss during the bi just tell them you applied over a year ago and didn't even know they were still considering you as an applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by that guy sam View Post
                                Take the new gig...federal hiring process is hit or miss depending on which way the wind is blowing. When its all said and done, you will have to make a choice when you "Get the call".
                                Sound advice. Bruddah, take the new job, enjoy the salary, and be honest when the time comes to answer questions. Can't go wrong there. In the meantime, keep processing. It takes a long time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6542 users online. 327 members and 6215 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X