300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jb2257
    negative, they just get more points added in the beginning. I believe that is the difference between 5 and 10 point veterans. (to my knowledge)
    That would be true if they were using raw score rating, but the USSS uses category ranking!

Congrats Bronc on the call.

Comment

• Honestly sorry to hear that man. Good luck in the future though!

Originally posted by 06871983 View Post
      Yes. Only the moving expenses are covered though, not the home sale. My salary will be cut by almost 20k as well. 2bd/1ba rentals run around 2k/mo, which is ridiculous when you have a wife, kids and on one income. We spent all weekend weighing the pros and cons. It is a disheartening situation, but family stability comes first.

I have friends that left where i work for various alphabet agencies and were given the local field office. I also was told that usss won't want to pay relocation so I'll probably get to stay local and that the office was hard to fill because no one wanted to go. So i was naive in thinking i wouldn't have to worry about moving again for about seven years. I've move seven times in the past eight years, living in the different states. I haven't lived near family for those eight years. Moving and being being away from family isn't the issue, just as the point where it's not fiscally responsible to do so right now.

Comment

• I think putting much energy into wondering about vet points is counterproductive as there's NOTHING you can do about it. Either you're a vet and you get points as their hiring policy gives them to you... Or you don't.
        And congrats to Bronc_smith on the Big Gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
          That would be true if they were using raw score rating, but the USSS uses category ranking!

Congrats Bronc on the call.
          I think that's where I got the thought that vets get hired first. Typically vet pref is applied in category ranking by putting vets at the top of the category they were ranked in.

Comment

• Originally posted by MID2Agent View Post
            Bronc, if you don't mind my asking, how were you able to get them to agree/offer to pay for your move coming off AD? I have never heard of offers to pay for moves outside of current government workers. Just curious...
            Ok I didnt mean it probably how it is read. The Marine Corps is gonna move me there.

Comment

• Resumes are calculated for a raw score. Plus vet pref.

Minimum scores are calculated based on the top 20-25% (or whatever percentage). Typical minimums tend to be 99 or 100 or beyond. Vets sometimes score 104-110.

If your above the cut off, your ranked eligible and move on.

As you read through the forum, youll see experienced LEO's with graduate degrees that weren't able to test. Their resume scores were low (example 98.). They are rated not eligible, while Vets move on to test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                Ok I didnt mean it probably how it is read. The Marine Corps is gonna move me there.
                OK, got it! That makes sense. Great timing to be able use that awesome final move the military gives you! Nice and Congrats!!
                USSS-SA
                Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                Referred: 06/2014
                Test Date: 07/13/2014
                SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                APAT: Passed w/ UD
                SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

• Just got the "call" myself. So apparently, some are still going out, and maybe more if people are declining. To those who declined, sorry to hear about that and wish you the best.

I got offered LA, Phoenix, Philadelphia, and New York. Chose New York (which was hard, as two months ago I would have chosen LA or Phoenix, but that's life, things change in an instant). EOD at my recruiting office on Sept. 7th, then off to DC the 18th and 19th, class starts the 23rd. Look forward to seeing you all there. Good luck to those waiting.

I'm dropping my pay significantly as well, to take a 9. It's not like New York is expensive though....oh wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPABDC View Post
                    Just got the "call" myself. So apparently, some are still going out, and maybe more if people are declining. To those who declined, sorry to hear about that and wish you the best.

I got offered LA, Phoenix, Philadelphia, and New York. Chose New York (which was hard, as two months ago I would have chosen LA or Phoenix, but that's life, things change in an instant). EOD at my recruiting office on Sept. 7th, then off to DC the 18th and 19th, class starts the 23rd. Look forward to seeing you all there. Good luck to those waiting.

I'm dropping my pay significantly as well, to take a 9. It's not like New York is expensive though....oh wait.
                    Anyone in the first sep class received anything in writing yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by BPABDC View Post
                      Just got the "call" myself. So apparently, some are still going out, and maybe more if people are declining. To those who declined, sorry to hear about that and wish you the best.

Lol @that last line. Congrats.

Comment

• No I am still waiting for something that's says "official". I already resigned from my job. Soooo I hope I get it.haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoda7 View Post
                          No I am still waiting for something that's says "official". I already resigned from my job. Soooo I hope I get it.haha
                          Same here! Glad I'm not the only one!

Comment

• Congrats! I think you are the only one who accepted NYC so far, which is a good sign for me

Originally posted by BPABDC View Post

USPIS 2011
                            US OPM 2009-2011
                            US CBP 2007-2009
                            USANG 2006
                            USMC 2002-2006
                            H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                            MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• Removed..............
                              Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Waiting June 2013 Applicants:
                                Finished with process:
                                -------------
                                ACCTtoSA
                                JDub801
                                Officer959
                                Officer963
                                Bulldog6
                                Gonzoco
                                Ssb***a
                                Erik59
                                Konipt
                                BigBro

January 2014 Applicants
                                -------------

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6535 users online. 370 members and 6165 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X