300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 06871983 View Post
    Please remove me from the final offer. I declined on Monday.
    Remove me too, please. I declined the offer for the class that starts on September 15th because I would have to report to Beltsville the day after my wife is due with our first child. A very hard decision. I did, however, ask to be considered for future classes.

Best of luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by m056876 View Post
      Remove me too, please. I declined the offer for the class that starts on September 15th because I would have to report to Beltsville the day after my wife is due with our first child. A very hard decision. I did, however, ask to be considered for future classes.

Best of luck to everyone.
      Congrats on the new baby. Tough call. But the right one.

Comment

• This may have been answered before, but are there any non-vets that have been hired from the 2013 group? If so, once you make it past the polygraph does your vet status still give you a leg up or is everyone on even ground by that time?

Comment

• I can't find it but I remember reading somewhere that vet pref is applied by hiring qualified applicants with vet preference first when "the call" goes out. Again, I'm not an authority on this, but if I'm not mistaken for the USSS vet pref plays no role in phase I.

Comment

• Vet Preference gets you into the initial applicant pool for consideration. After that its all based on merit.

Example: your initial application will be reviewed and scored +5 or +10 pts. Those scores are compared and the highest scores go on to test. After that, your on your own.

Comment

• If that's the case, I wonder why they ask about it several times throughout the process. I'm not saying that isn't the case, but I wonder why they would care if it didn't mean anything after the SAEE invite.

Comment

• Obligations. They dont like having their agents pulled for reserve duty. For those that are ARNG, IRR, etc.

But make no mistake POTUS handed down a directive for Vets to be placed in government.

Comment

• Removed..............
                  Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                    This matches my understanding of how it works as well.
                    I believe the only caveat to that is when it comes to disabled vets 30% or more, they will get hiring preference at the end as well.

Comment

• Just got the CALL. Processing in Atl. Offered NY, Philly, Tampa, and LA. Picked LA cause my wife is from there. I leave active duty Aug 31 and they will move my trash for me so no relocation expense. I only qualified for Gs 7 but according to SAIC because I am a Captain in USMC they offered 9.
                      Sept 7 local FO start

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                        Just got the CALL. Processing in Atl. Offered NY, Philly, Tampa, and LA. Picked LA cause my wife is from there. I leave active duty Aug 31 and they will move my trash for me so no relocation expense. I only qualified for Gs 7 but according to SAIC because I am a Captain in USMC they offered 9.
                        Sept 7 local FO start
                        Congrats! Awesome news!

Comment

• Congrats. Glad to hear they did you right with the GS-9. LA is expensive.

Comment

Just got the CALL. Processing in Atl. Offered NY, Philly, Tampa, and LA. Picked LA cause my wife is from there. I leave active duty Aug 31 and they will move my trash for me so no relocation expense. I only qualified for Gs 7 but according to SAIC because I am a Captain in USMC they offered 9.
                            Sept 7 local FO start
                            Congrats Bronc!!! That's the first Tampa I have seen. Best regards to ya!

Comment

Sept 7 local FO start
                              Awesome. Congrats. We will be seeing each other on Sept 7th.
                              Last edited by tanner30; 08-15-2014, 12:37 PM. Reason: Error

Comment

• Bronc, if you don't mind my asking, how were you able to get them to agree/offer to pay for your move coming off AD? I have never heard of offers to pay for moves outside of current government workers. Just curious...
                                USSS-SA
                                Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                                Referred: 06/2014
                                Test Date: 07/13/2014
                                SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                                APAT: Passed w/ UD
                                SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                                COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                                SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                                POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                                BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                                HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                                MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                                THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6710 users online. 351 members and 6359 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X