Officer963
    BPABDC
    Bulldog6
    Gonzoco
    Ssb***a
    Erik59
    Konipt
    BigBro
    Please remove me from the final offer. I declined on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06871983 View Post
      I thought you took Boston? What made you change your mind?

Comment

• I did, but then withdrew Monday. Financial reasons after researching the area (very expensive) coupled with pay reduction, and net loss if selling our house.

Comment

• Waiting June 2013 Applicants:
          Finished with process:
          -------------
          ACCTtoSA
          JDub801
          Officer959
          Bassprobwi
          Officer963
          BPABDC
          Bulldog6
          Gonzoco
          Ssb***a
          Erik59
          Konipt
          BigBro

January 2014 Applicants
          -------------

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
            I believe they lost the ability to do step 00 matches when they eliminated FCIP.
            I guess that may be true, but I surely was on the phone asking about it.
            Applied: 05/12/2014
            SAEE: 06/13/2014
            Passed SAEE: 06/17/2014
            SPI: 07/09/2014
            Passed SPI: Not Notified
            Conditional Offer: 08/04/2014
            Security Interview: 08/27/2014
            Poly:
            Medical:
            BI:

Comment

I must agree, if it wasn't for my wife's family it would be tough to except the job. I commend you for thinking it through. If the money isn't right and you start following behind with bills you will lose your job anyways. Again I commend you.
              Last edited by Officer 963; 08-14-2014, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Contegolibertas, tried to PM you back but your inbox is full...clear some space so you can receive my reply bro.
                USSS-SA
                Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                Referred: 06/2014
                Test Date: 07/13/2014
                SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                APAT: Passed w/ UD
                SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

• First time user, got my call today to schedule security interview tomorrow, I have no idea what to expect.
                  Any thoughts. Thank You

Comment

I did, but then withdrew Monday. Financial reasons after researching the area (very expensive) coupled with pay reduction, and net loss if selling our house.
                    Are you a current FED? If so I believe OPM guidelines state that if there is no break in service your moving expenses should be covered...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eyesontarget View Post
                      Are you a current FED? If so I believe OPM guidelines state that if there is no break in service your moving expenses should be covered...
                      Yes. Only the moving expenses are covered though, not the home sale. My salary will be cut by almost 20k as well. 2bd/1ba rentals run around 2k/mo, which is ridiculous when you have a wife, kids and on one income. We spent all weekend weighing the pros and cons. It is a disheartening situation, but family stability comes first.

I have friends that left where i work for various alphabet agencies and were given the local field office. I also was told that usss won't want to pay relocation so I'll probably get to stay local and that the office was hard to fill because no one wanted to go. So i was naive in thinking i wouldn't have to worry about moving again for about seven years. I've move seven times in the past eight years, living in the different states. I haven't lived near family for those eight years. Moving and being being away from family isn't the issue, just as the point where it's not fiscally responsible to do so right now.

Comment

Yes. Only the moving expenses are covered though, not the home sale. My salary will be cut by almost 20k as well. 2bd/1ba rentals run around 2k/mo, which is ridiculous when you have a wife, kids and on one income. We spent all weekend weighing the pros and cons. It is a disheartening situation, but family stability comes first.

I have friends that left where i work for various alphabet agencies and were given the local field office. I also was told that usss won't want to pay relocation so I'll probably get to stay local and that the office was hard to fill because no one wanted to go. So i was naive in thinking i wouldn't have to worry about moving again for about seven years. I've move seven times in the past eight years, living in the different states. I haven't lived near family for those eight years. Moving and being being away from family isn't the issue, just as the point where it's not fiscally responsible to do so right now.
                        Not that you need my opinion, but if it is any comfort to you, I think you made the right choice. The application processes are so competitive, so painstakingly slow, and so stressful. Sometimes we forget that at the end of the day, it is just a job. Family has to come first. It is a major problem in this industry when people forget that, hence the high divorce rates. I commend you for making the decision, I know it wasn't easy. Best of luck to you and your family.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                          It wont let me send you a pm, and I'm not willing to put too much detail on here. I passed the poly and have also passed the medical.
                          Good Job!!!!! what do I need to do to receive pm?

Comment

• Anyone on here a 2013 applicant, who was told they passed their poly, but still have not been scheduled for their medical?? I am just hoping my stuff just hasn't gotten lost in the shuffle......Called DC and they said that it seems like I should have had my medical by now, but to just be patient. Any suggestions on who to call or what to do??

Comment

• In light of recent circumstances, this is just a friendly reminder for people.

Originally posted by Trevian View Post
                              Here's the analysis:
                              Where they need to fill spots - 100% importance.
                              Where you're from or want to live - 0% importance.
                              Last edited by ACCTtoSA; 08-14-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• From my source, all the sept classes have been filled. There are more people that passed the panel than training slots. Once the new budget is approved for classes in 2015, more calls will go out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5518 users online. 298 members and 5220 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X