Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought I'd let everyone here know as much detailed info about my experiences in the process as possible.

Like I said in earlier posts, the home visit is scheduled for Tuesday. The BI has been going on since late dec. It is done according to the investigator. The last person he talked to was a listed reference who called me after the interview. The reference told me that from the way the guy was talking, they are going to hire me. As did my supervisor at my current position.

On Tuesday my wife and I have a list of questions we will ask if they are not addressed by them before that.

Mainly we want to get a timeline. I don't know if they have that information but we will ask anyway. We also own a house that we will have to sell. Someone told me that if you cannot that the G buys it for FMV. Anyone know about this?

It's all very exciting but now the days just kill you because you are so close but it could be months from now still.

Comment

• No

Originally posted by England View Post
      Just thought I'd let everyone here know as much detailed info about my experiences in the process as possible.

Like I said in earlier posts, the home visit is scheduled for Tuesday. The BI has been going on since late dec. It is done according to the investigator. The last person he talked to was a listed reference who called me after the interview. The reference told me that from the way the guy was talking, they are going to hire me. As did my supervisor at my current position.

On Tuesday my wife and I have a list of questions we will ask if they are not addressed by them before that.

Mainly we want to get a timeline. I don't know if they have that information but we will ask anyway. We also own a house that we will have to sell. Someone told me that if you cannot that the G buys it for FMV. Anyone know about this?

It's all very exciting but now the days just kill you because you are so close but it could be months from now still.

The first move is on you, to include household goods. Once you are in and they transfer you, everything is covered and they will buy your house at FMV. The only exception is if you are a current federal employee and have no gap between the end of that employment and your EOD with USSS.

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Hello all, new to this thread and hoped some of you could answer a question for me. I found out I passed the TEA exam recently and will be scheduled for the panel interview soon. For those of you that passed the panel, did you prepare for it in advance? If so, how did you prepare for it? I am not asking for specific questions or even the type of questions that will be asked, just recommendations for preparing. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomasMagnum View Post
                Hello all, new to this thread and hoped some of you could answer a question for me. I found out I passed the TEA exam recently and will be scheduled for the panel interview soon. For those of you that passed the panel, did you prepare for it in advance? If so, how did you prepare for it? I am not asking for specific questions or even the type of questions that will be asked, just recommendations for preparing. Thanks in advance.
                It will be alot of your standard interview questions. The way you answer will be what determines whether you move on or not.

Apply the STAR method. Situation, task, action, result, to each question they give you. I actually got some 3x5 cards and practiced my responses to obvious questions. But you will not think of them all and you will have to react to the questions they fire at you. keep your cool and apply that star method.

Comment

• Had the home interview yesterday and it went well. I wonder if they even do that for single guys. All the information was directed at my wife. I might as well not even been there.

But they told me that this was the last step before my file goes to the hiring panel. Everything looks like a go. The RAIC has no idea where they will assign me. He did say that once the panel meets and they confirm my hiring, they call him and tell him where I am to be assigned. Then he calls me. He told me that sometimes they offer more than one location but often it is 1 location, take it or leave it.

He also told me of a few things I didn't know about benefit wise. Like SSA can go to the gym during work hours. And the fact that you can earn overtime in addition to your base and LEAP.

They told me that since I was a veteran, that was going to help me out on the hiring panel big time they said. Something about the OPM's policy on veteran's preference. Like it is a pain in the rear to NOT hire the veteran because you have to document why specifically.

I wonder how many they have waiting in the wings for that march FLETC class.

But anyway, he said carry on business as usual.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
                        I wonder if I can do crossfit at their gym...

I had a similiar experience at my home interview. I asked about blackberries because I was going through withdrawl after leaving mine at my last Marine unit before getting out. The USSS issues blackberries (i.e. leashes) to their agents, but you only get about five minutes of personal time per day so most agents have a personal cell as well (they get a deal from Verizon by the way).

They said the G-ride with gas card is pretty standard to agents on investigative details, but you give it up when you go to a protection detail after your first "tour". You also CANNOT use it for anything personal, just like all G-rides in the gov't/military.

Man, I hope you are right about the veteran prefence. I had my home interview at the end of August and my drug screen in September, I just wish my background hadn't taken so long. It is hard to go on with life when all our furniture and stuff is in storage and your wife and infant are waiting on this next move.

I bet there are going to be a lot of applicants on the upcoming boards, so good luck to everyone...hopefully I'll be on the next one.
                        Oh yeah, he told me about the G ride and how strict they are with it. He told me of a division director that got 30 days suspension because he went grocery shopping in the g ride.

He also told me that a FLETC class has about 30 agents in it. And that during FLETC, it is not a gentlemen's course. Meaning no weekends off. You get sundays for personal time but you work on saturdays.

He said the OPM's vet preference policy can be seen in detail on their website. But I haven't looked yet.

Comment

• New To The Forum

Hey everyone, I am new to this forum but have been watching this board for some time now. (Recently had my account activated). I have been in the process with the Secret Service for about 20 months now and found out in December that I was approved by the hiring panel and am awaiting a training date. This same hiring practice happened to a very close friend of mine, (Forum Member: KSIG) He was approved and not hired for about four months. From what I was told last week, the Service is filling a March class as we speak and after that, they will be hosting two classes per month to fill the agencies needs. I am also on 911Forums as CIDSA. Hopefully I will be on board in the coming days/weeks and good luck to everyone. The only thing that really irks me about this process more than the huge wait that changes based on who you talk to is that I now have a new recruiter and ASAC that don't have a clue who I am and aren't in a hurry to make any phone calls unlike my past contacts.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOJ21811 View Post
                            Hey everyone, I am new to this forum but have been watching this board for some time now. (Recently had my account activated). I have been in the process with the Secret Service for about 20 months now and found out in December that I was approved by the hiring panel and am awaiting a training date. This same hiring practice happened to a very close friend of mine, (Forum Member: KSIG) He was approved and not hired for about four months. From what I was told last week, the Service is filling a March class as we speak and after that, they will be hosting two classes per month to fill the agencies needs. I am also on 911Forums as CIDSA. Hopefully I will be on board in the coming days/weeks and good luck to everyone. The only thing that really irks me about this process more than the huge wait that changes based on who you talk to is that I now have a new recruiter and ASAC that don't have a clue who I am and aren't in a hurry to make any phone calls unlike my past contacts.
                            this has been bothering me. Why is it that others have been called ahead of you when you've been in this process longer? Do you have any idea? I saw OSU's story and that's understandable, but sometimes it looks like random people get through the adjudication and just sit there. I only ask because I JUST got through adj and now I'm waiting on the call.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Well..

What happened with me was that a deadline was given to the Field Offices requiring that each office complete their portion within two weeks. Every field office from each state that I have lived in (4 States) completed theirs with the exception of one. This one office decided that they would not complete their portion until June/July. The problem with that was my packet was forwarded to DC in April. Okay, so now my packet goes to adjudication and they review it (which takes forever) and then they say, "Hey, where is this BI on this last state?" Then a BI calls me from that state and I got all excited running around the house because I thought I was getting the call... only to find out that he needed to ask me where a building was from 1987. I had no clue. The final BI was closed out and resubmitted in July. Nothing was heard in August/September/October and then finally I start calling around because nobody in my FO had contact with me. I contact D.C. and they tell me that my paperwork is under review (adjudication) and then I call my FO and they tell me I have been cleared for the hiring panel. Then I call back to D.C. a couple weeks later and I am still in adjudication-land. Now my recruiter and ASAC have transferred to a different field office and the new guy is like, "Huh, who are you?" which I understand as there are millions of applicants. As such, I call D.C. (again) and was told by the Chief of Personnel that I was presented at the December panel and was approved for hire, "You will hear something shortly." I called back on Friday and was told that my paperwork was on her desk and that they were filling a March class as we speak (but would NOT NOT NOT confirm if I would be approved to go to that class) apparently you have to approved by a hiring panel, then slotted for training (basically just because you are approved for hire does not mean you will immediately go to training, they can pass you up and fill you later) I am questioning this because I have veterans preference and am a current fed. I am not asking for favors or anything but I thought under OPM regs, I would have to be slotted first. The reply I got was that, "Training slots are filled by varying factors, the Secret Service likes to have diverse classes and as such, other applicants can go ahead of others to vary the class".. So now I wait. I am glad to know that I was at least approved, but the waiting has been hard because everything has stopped. I don't want to sell the house, I don't want to start my master's program again, etc. because when they call, it is YES or NO.. on their terms.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7902 users online. 370 members and 7532 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X