Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    You still waiting Springer? How long did it take for your Poly results?

    Comment


    • #77
      Springer, I'm playing the same waiting game as you. I got a call yesterday telling me that my medical was clear. I thought that was already done. Than they told me I'm going to the June panel, I thought I was going to the May one already. I was told that when I finally get the call, it will be from the S.A in charge in Nashville, who was also the agent who did my in home interview. Dgeaton, they called me about four weeks after my poly, almost to the day.

      Comment


      • #78
        I'm only a couple days away. Have you heard anything about the response time to notify those who did not pass? I've heard that you'll get a letter if you fail, call if you pass...

        Comment


        • #79
          I thought they finished my background in March but then I found out that it wasn't finished until beginning of April. I thought I was going to make the May panel but obviously not. I called my local office and was told that I should be in front of the hiring panel in the nex month or two. Apprarently, there were two guys locally who were slightly ahead of me in the hiring process and they were just hired. I was told they can now focus on me. So I guess it could be June or July. I've found that there are no concrete answers when trying to find out timing of differnt phases during the hiring process. I had to take the poly twice, I was never told my results, they just started my background about a month or so after. Good luck to all.

          Comment


          • #80
            Just wanted to let everybody know I got my call yesterday. I report on June 25 and start training in early July. Good luck to everybody.

            Comment


            • #81
              Im in the same boat. Put in to richmond office jan 07....still have not had initial interview. apparently they dont have anyone working on it, this info was current as of august. I know im qualified, not sure of what else could hold it up this long? anyone else have thsi problem?

              Comment


              • #82
                I'm just curious to know from anyone who has gone through this process, what th brief timeline is.

                I just finished my first interview this morning and am taking the TEA in two weeks. If anyone could tell me what's next and what it's like that would be great.

                P.S. What is the "in-home interview"?

                Comment


                • #83
                  sigh. I put in for SA out of richmond va late jan 07, as of a week ago, richmond has not opened the packet yet. no tea, no intial, nothing. anyone else take this long, and what was your timeline? thanks

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Hello

                    I have finished the process and i'm just waiting on the hiring panel. I check my phone all the time, and hold my breath when I get the mail in fear of the "letter".

                    DF2338- I applied in Aug 2006 and just took my final drug test this month, but I believe you have been "shelved" as they would say. I would just call and ask your field office. And call again, and again until you are scheduled for the tea test or get a letter in the mail. But i'm an applicant also, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

                    Fedledbound- This is my time line but does not mean others didn't finish earlier.
                    application aug 06, tea oct 06, panel nov 06, physical april 07, poly may 07, physical 2 july 07, poly 2 sept 07, home interview oct 07, back ground oct 07, drug test nov 07

                    Anyone else in my boat?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      324MPCO, I'm in the same boat as you...I just finished up my drug test on November 1st and it seems you've been going faster through the process than I have been. It is stressful waiting for the call and I find myself watching the phone as well. I wouldn't start worrying about the thin letter yet...there are so many other reasons you may not have gotten the call yet. 1) Your packet may not have been forwarded to the hiring panel on time or 2) There may not have been a class scheduled for Dec. or many other reasons, even though it seems that ICE agents have a class starting at FLETC early Dec. Did your background investigator give you any indication of when the next class may be?

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by 324MPCO View Post
                        Hello

                        I have finished the process and i'm just waiting on the hiring panel. I check my phone all the time, and hold my breath when I get the mail in fear of the "letter".

                        DF2338- I applied in Aug 2006 and just took my final drug test this month, but I believe you have been "shelved" as they would say. I would just call and ask your field office. And call again, and again until you are scheduled for the tea test or get a letter in the mail. But i'm an applicant also, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

                        Fedledbound- This is my time line but does not mean others didn't finish earlier.
                        application aug 06, tea oct 06, panel nov 06, physical april 07, poly may 07, physical 2 july 07, poly 2 sept 07, home interview oct 07, back ground oct 07, drug test nov 07

                        Anyone else in my boat?
                        324MPCO,

                        I am new to the board but have been reading the posts for some time now. I got "the call" this past friday and my timeline was very similar to yours:

                        Application/Initial Interview 3/07
                        TEA 3/07
                        Panel 4/07
                        Poly 8/07
                        BI/Home Interview 10/07
                        Urinalysis 11/07
                        "The Call" 11/07

                        I report to FLETC Jan 15th and my EOD is sometime in December. I was offered LA, SF, and NY as choices of field offices. I'm very excited and wish everyone the best of luck--I know your calls will be coming soon!

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          DF22,

                          Congrad's!! I'm sure the excitment is still there. Thanks for letting me know that the calls are going out.. Now i'm checking my phone every 5 min. instead of 10 min.lol. Also, thanks for the dates on the next class. It's always nice to find out some concrete information. Good luck in FLETC!!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by 324MPCO View Post
                            DF22,

                            Congrad's!! I'm sure the excitment is still there. Thanks for letting me know that the calls are going out.. Now i'm checking my phone every 5 min. instead of 10 min.lol. Also, thanks for the dates on the next class. It's always nice to find out some concrete information. Good luck in FLETC!!
                            Thank you for the kind words, I'm sure your call will come soon. If you've made it this far it is usually just a matter of filling slots, so be patient. I looked at my phone every five minutes too, until finally the "Private Number" popped up on my screen and it was over. Best of luck to you and everyone else!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              df22,
                              Congrats on getting "the call." Which FO have you decided to choose. Which FO did u process out of? Good luck to every one else in the process. I too am constantly looking for the private number call.
                              Last edited by pearljamknicks; 11-20-2007, 02:32 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by pearljamknicks View Post
                                df22,
                                Congrats on getting "the call." Which FO have you decided to choose. Which FO did u process out of? Good luck to every one else in the process. I too am constantly looking for the private number call.

                                PearlJam,

                                At this point I would like to remain somewhat anonymous to the board, but I can say that I did process out of an office in the midwest, and that I chose one of the California offices. I am excited for, and honored with, the opportunity to be a part of such a great agency and am eagerly awaiting FLETC and Beltsville. I hope that many of you will be joining me in a few months. Best of luck!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9621 users online. 449 members and 9172 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X