Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I took the poly in march. I thought I pretty much failed it but was told 2 months later that I was cleared for medical and BI. I never got notification that I passed. I even called and got no answer lol.

    I was actually going to call today. But knowing or not knowing is really irrelvant. Regarding the panel. If they are going to call, then knowing isnt gonna speed it up 1 bit. Only place more anxiety.

    Just like shooting. Anticipate your shot and your gonna miss. Surprise is accuracy.
    Last edited by bunyfofu69; 07-18-2014, 04:56 PM.

    Comment


    • Quick question for the thread, does anyone know why the APAT was suspended and if it will be reinstated during the process? Second, for current USSS-SA how easy or difficult is it to get posted at one of the overseas Field Offices during the first phase of your career?

      Thanks,
      The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NEL006 View Post
        You can take me off the list, I got the "your done" email yesterday. Best of luck to you all, I am assuming a hiring panel met so your calls should be coming soon.
        And this is why I stayed off these boards for so long. This scares me. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.

        And my pms are on now (I think).

        Comment


        • Anyone processing out of Atlanta? I took my poly at the end of February and have not heard anything...... I have also made calls to DC and gotten no answers. I was told after the poly I passed and would hear something in 4-6 weeks. Just curious if anyone in the southeast is in my boat.

          Comment


          • Well to add to the mystery, I too am a June13 applicant. Did poly near the end of February and hadn't heard anything. I contacted my local office and even they couldn't get anything more than "there's a problem with my application" from HQ. When I did poly I wasn't told decisively if I passed or failed but the examiner did ask if I'd have a problem with taking another and if it would be okay if he were the examiner again. So am I inconclusive and they're processing passes first?
            As a side note, the USSS was the 4th poly, I've ever taken (passed the previous three) and I've taken two since (passed both). So who knows.....

            Comment


            • Anyone else hear that the process is about to slow down due to the approaching summit? And slow down further when the UN meets.... Apparently this consumes the time of the SA's that are qualified to participate in SPI's, SI's and BI's.......

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
                Anyone else hear that the process is about to slow down due to the approaching summit? And slow down further when the UN meets.... Apparently this consumes the time of the SA's that are qualified to participate in SPI's, SI's and BI's.......
                Ugh...it seems it would make logical sense at least to not have an emphasis on the hiring process with those high-level meetings in planning and in session. Who did you hear it from?
                The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                Believer in the ~bean Suffix

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TopGun87 View Post
                  Wow, I always wondered why agencies would take an extremely qualified applicant through the entire hiring process and not hire him/her. It seems like a waste of resources if no derogatory information is found during the bi.
                  This is actually the same with most of the Defense contractor from my personal experience. They would lead you all the way through the entire hiring process and at the last second they decided to hire another candidate. It seems like a a waste of time and resource for both the candidate and the management.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ofcthrash View Post
                    Anyone processing out of Atlanta? I took my poly at the end of February and have not heard anything...... I have also made calls to DC and gotten no answers. I was told after the poly I passed and would hear something in 4-6 weeks. Just curious if anyone in the southeast is in my boat.
                    Hey. Check you PM

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bruddah View Post
                      Ugh...it seems it would make logical sense at least to not have an emphasis on the hiring process with those high-level meetings in planning and in session. Who did you hear it from?

                      The recruiter at my SAEE

                      Comment


                      • Anyone on here pass their polygraph in February and still not have their medical or background scheduled? or am I the only one.........

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ofcthrash View Post
                          Anyone on here pass their polygraph in February and still not have their medical or background scheduled? or am I the only one.........
                          I took a poly in April (told unofficially I passed), then took another in May (not told anything) but seemed to go well, I'm just sitting around waiting. My local field office POC said they've sent the results to HQ and are waiting for medical.....stinks, really lost momentum since the poly.

                          Comment


                          • Removed..............
                            Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 10:03 PM.

                            Comment


                            • that is the million dollar question. Making a CITP class in September would require a quick turnaround.

                              Comment


                              • ACCTtoSA,

                                Not sure if you have posted this already but for your list of finished with the process; did you all received notification that you were finished with the process? The reason I ask is I have my home interview on Thursday.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4675 users online. 260 members and 4415 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X