300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mcall80 View Post
    Once your background is complete it usually takes several hiring panels to get hired.
    You can say that again "Several" in my case meaning 3 hiring panels have gone by since my BI finished and I still heard nothing. Good luck all, got picked up elsewhere so it won't be USSS for me. I'll still be lurking around this thread though to help anyone who has questions about the process. Happy new year
    Last edited by FutureAgent001; 01-02-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• I've been looking over these forums since the day I submitted my app and backtracked all the way through the posts from last year. Every time someone gets called I always look at their timeline to see what the time frames are.

In general, from the day the BI starts it looks to be about 3-4 months before they get called. And another month before they start FLETC. Now, I know their are exceptions like Futureagent 001, but does everyone else follow that? Or am I just seeing what I want to see?

Comment

• Hey OSU, you mentioned that your BI went to 13 different FO's. Did you move 13 times or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
          I've been looking over these forums since the day I submitted my app and backtracked all the way through the posts from last year. Every time someone gets called I always look at their timeline to see what the time frames are.

In general, from the day the BI starts it looks to be about 3-4 months before they get called. And another month before they start FLETC. Now, I know their are exceptions like Futureagent 001, but does everyone else follow that? Or am I just seeing what I want to see?
          On average I think you're right. I used to be a member on another forum where we posted weekly updates of everyone's timelines. There was myself and a couple other people who waited 6+ months after their BI, but that wasn't the norm.

Comment

• Are there any vision waivers or do the SS and ATF hold fast to the rule about uncorrected vision? If not I guess I might have to suck it up and get PRK because it seems a lot of agencies and departments have high uncorrected vision standards.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• a friend of mine sent his app for SSUD 4 days ago. he actually got a phone call yesterday from someone at SS telling him he was qualifed for the SA position and should coinsider applying for the SA instead of UD. i was suprised he got a call that quick and not even for the job he applied for. Is that a really good sign for him? ever happen to anyone else?

Comment

• Also, are there some general guidelines that guys know about with regard to background DQs? I know the FBI lists most things, including drug use, to let you know whether or not to apply at a certain time.

Comment

• Moved ON

Originally posted by psycho1000r View Post
                    a friend of mine sent his app for SSUD 4 days ago. he actually got a phone call yesterday from someone at SS telling him he was qualifed for the SA position and should coinsider applying for the SA instead of UD. i was suprised he got a call that quick and not even for the job he applied for. Is that a really good sign for him? ever happen to anyone else?
                    All the USSS SA all retired and took the DC Retirement and went to work for the Federal Air Marshals.. one guy is 62 and still over there doing a supervisors job. It is a heaven for the older guys retire and go get a paycheck for doing what? Than retire again under the federal service.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
                      Birthplace, college, military training, duty station, three deployments, etc...

FYI-the agents doing my BI were told that their portion was due in June.
                      You mean June 08? I too had quite a few residences in the army. My BI is due in March.

Comment

• Originally posted by doc_holiday View Post
                        Also, are there some general guidelines that guys know about with regard to background DQs? I know the FBI lists most things, including drug use, to let you know whether or not to apply at a certain time.
                        I don't know specifically what the SS is checking but I've done a few BI's myself. All I wanted to know was if what you told me was the truth in your app. Did you work at these places? Are you misrepresenting yourself? What do the developed character references have to say about you? Did you neglect to mention you were fired from X position? Did you lie about your criminal history? Etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by psycho1000r View Post
                          a friend of mine sent his app for SSUD 4 days ago. he actually got a phone call yesterday from someone at SS telling him he was qualifed for the SA position and should coinsider applying for the SA instead of UD. i was suprised he got a call that quick and not even for the job he applied for. Is that a really good sign for him? ever happen to anyone else?
                          I've heard of that happening before. Sometimes they try to steer SA applicants to UD instead also. They can't really stop you from applying though, if your friend really wants UD he should keep his application in. Most people regard SA as a step up from UD, however there are a lot of people who make a good career out of UD. There are a lot of specialized units available in UD, like countersniper or K-9, that aren't open to SA. Also, you can move up in rank like in a regular police department. The major drawbacks to UD are less money and you can't be assigned anywhere other than DC. Also, if you want to do investigations obviously you have to become an SA.
                          Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                            Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• No traffic on this thread in a while I see. Anyway, my BI is ongoing. Got a call from the investigator in Florida where I once lived. At least I know they are working on it.

Comment

• Yeah its been pretty quiet on this thread. I am assuming they are overwhelmed with the inauguration coming up and we should see some action shortly after that.
                                USSS SA:
                                2/08 Applied
                                7/08 Initial Interview
                                5/09 TEA Exam
                                11/09 Panel
                                6/10 BQA Letter
                                07/10 Reapplied

USSS UD:
                                11/10 Applied
                                01/11 Submitted Requested SF86

FBI:
                                1/08 Applied
                                1/08 Phase I Test - Did not pass
                                1/09 Resubmitted Application
                                2/09 Phase I Test - Passed
                                5/09 Phase II - Passed
                                5/09 PFT - Failed - Tore Hamstring during 300m
                                9/09 Passed PFT - 19 Points!
                                10/09 BQA Letter

USCP:
                                05/10 Applied
                                06/10 Received COE Letter
                                10/10 POST Test - Passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9450 users online. 348 members and 9102 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X