300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bunyfofu69 View Post
    I was told during my HI that 2013 applicants are expected to go after the New FY. With 10-12 classes next year.

More specifically October. straight from the SAC of my processing office.
    This is exactly what I was told by the SAC in my area during my HI. Said he doesn't know when hiring panel will meet though, could be late July, or Mid August. I asked how long I'd have between the call and the class, and he said about a month. So, I took this to mean the hiring panel meets sometime in August, cause he told me you have to report to your duty station first.

Comment

• I will be attending the SAEE in Frankfurt on June 11. Has anyone attended at this location?
      Last edited by edzoom; 07-07-2014, 08:34 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• Hello all!
        Quick question, I am freaking out a little, I have been training twoards the posted USSS SA PT requirements that I found here: http://www.secretservice.gov/join/Physical-Skills.pdf
        And then I just found this one: (Sorry, I couldn't find the site I got it from so had to convert it to a pdf from my doc's) Anyone know which is the correct one? Thanks in advance!
        Alternate test numbers.pdf

Sorry, I know it's not the whole doc... but I was having a heck of a time staying within the size limits for the forum.
        Last edited by Insptr_Mo; 07-07-2014, 11:28 AM. Reason: adding attachment
        "'You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic mater as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

USSS-SA
        Applied: 05/2014
        Referred:05/2014
        Test Date: 06/11/2014
        SAEE Passed: 6/17/2014
        APAT: Suspended
        SPI: 7/09/2014
        COE-(GS-7): 08/09/2014
        SI: 9/10/2014
        Poly:01/05/2015
        Medical: 2/23/2015
        HI: 2/24/2015
        Got The Callâ„¢ 3/31

Comment

• Anyone that has filled out the SF86, can you please PM me. I have some questions. Thanks.

Comment

• Removed..............
            Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoops View Post
              Depends what stage you are at so far. The APAT requires the following scores:
              http://www.secretservice.gov/join/APAT-Guide.pdf

Special Agent Fitness Requirements are as follows:
              http://www.secretservice.gov/join/im...FlierFinal.pdf

These fitness standards are required upon entry into the academy at FLETC, entry into JJRTC, and JJRTC graduation. You will also retest every 3 months for the rest of your career as a special agent with the secret service.
              Thank you! I saw a previous version of the PT Final Flier & it has significantly different numbers in all categories! The I am hoping that the one that you posted is the most recent version. As I am working hard on my pull ups, but I don't think I could bang out 8-10 at this point, which is what was posted for the good / excellent! Yikes!
              "'You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic mater as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

USSS-SA
              Got The Callâ„¢ 3/31

Comment

• Removed..............
                Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoops View Post
                  Make sure you are doing chin ups (Palms Facing you). Be sure to exaggerate your form by doing them very slowly and dropping until your arms are perfectly straight. What helped me was the following:

I did 8 negatives for 5 sets with 3 minute breaks Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Once I was able to do a pullup I did as many as I could, then finished with negatives Monday, Wednesday. On Friday I would do as many pullups and then static holds at the half way up mark (Arms 90 Degree) for as long as possible for a total of 5 sets with 3 minute breaks. After I was able to do 5 pull ups I put 20 percent body weight in a vest and started doing the process over again. This put me to 13 solid in two months. Once you get past 8 you would just keep adding to your rep numbers by 5 or so.

You can also do GTG pull ups which was suggested by a friend of mine at the FBI. Take 50 to 75 percent of your max and do them on the bar every hour or so. So if your max is 10 you would do 7 every hour or whatever you choose. Some say do this every day but I try to keep it to three days a week just so I can work on the other stuff and not be dead. Every 2 weeks you retest and adjust your 50 to 75 percent. The idea here is that every time you do your pullups you should feel "fresh" and able to complete the entire set.

Pushups seem to be my worst part and I have tried everything to get the numbers up so if you have any tips I would appreciate it.
                  This has been a challenge for upper bodypperbody strength is not my strong suit...(bad pun intended) I started out with a personal trainer, that ended up being a flake & I wasn't see progress... a couple hundred bucks later, I started researching Stew Smith & what he had to offer.... He's been featured on Military.com and the like... but he has some fail proof methods, that if you stick to it, you will improve. I have been using his PTF bible for about a week and have already seen improvements. I highly recommend you check him out. His ebooks as WAY cheaper & more effective (for me) than a personal trainer. Here's a link to some tips that I have been using for my push ups too... http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/pushuppush.htm
                  This guy seems to be legit. Best of luck to you!
                  Just want to shout out to all contributing members, THANK YOU! This site has been so helpful to me since applying for the SA job. Yall are a wealth of knowledge!!

USSS-SA
                  Got The Callâ„¢ 3/31

Comment

• Best thing to do for pushups, is wide grip pull-ups palms-facing out. Believe it or not, a bigger stronger back makes push-ups easier. Also, just keep doing push-ups over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by USAFRAVEN View Post
                      Best thing to do for pushups, is wide grip pull-ups palms-facing out. Believe it or not, a bigger stronger back makes push-ups easier. Also, just keep doing push-ups over and over.
                      Don't forget to practice the drop distance. Many people lower themselves during a pushup test and just needlessly expend energy. Gravity does the work for you.

@Instpr_Mo Stew Smith has some great fitness advice. I use several of his recommended workouts and have purchased guides from his site. He'll even respond to your email personally.

Comment

• I thought they were not administering the APAT anymore?

Comment

• Removed..............
                          Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• I received my COE this morning (came to my junk mail folder). I had my SPI on June 25th.

Comment

• Originally posted by INcop312 View Post
                              I received my COE this morning (came to my junk mail folder). I had my SPI on June 25th.
                              The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                              Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                              Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• Originally posted by INcop312 View Post
                                I received my COE this morning (came to my junk mail folder). I had my SPI on June 25th.
                                I wanted to like your comment, but I don't know how. Like*
                                The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                                Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                                Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10682 users online. 368 members and 10314 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X