300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed..............
    Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by raindrop_s View Post
      USSS-SA
      Applied:01/2014
      Referred:01/2014
      Test Date: 03/2014
      SAEE Passed: 03/2014
      APAT: N/A
      SPI: 05/2014
      COE-(GS-7): 06/2014
      SI:06/2014
      Polygraph: N/A
      Medical: N/A
      Final Offer: N/A

Anyone else from Jan, if so, post your status.
      I am a new poster but have been reading for a while. I also applied in Jan 2014 and have made it so far. I have my SI in early July and tested out of Southeast. Trying not to get to excited but its hard to keep it in right now!

SPI: 04/2014
      SI:07/2014
      Last edited by queso2314; 06-19-2014, 03:47 PM.
      SPI: 04/2014
      SI:07/2014
      Polygraph: 8/14
      Medical: 9/14
      Background: Complete (Hiring Panel)
      Final Offer: 12/14

Comment

• Originally posted by scoops View Post
        So you do three max sets of pushups every morning and that has worked for you? did you do any other pushup workouts?

My pullups/chinups are perfect as I can easily bang out 15 solid reps.
        I do them in the morning everyday and that has worked for me. Granted it's not the ONLY thing I do but I noticed that doing that has really helped me get used to that range of motion and the movement. PLUS you will see gains. Also to mirror what jb2257 said, Stew Smith workouts will get you there as well. Keep in mind he's a Navy Seal so it comes with that type of training mentality. Stew also advocates the Armstrong Pullup program I'm talking about.

Comment

• Removed..............
          Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by raindrop_s View Post
            USSS-SA
            SI:06/2014

Anyone else from Jan, if so, post your status.

USSS-SA
            Applied: 01/2014
            Referred: 03/2014
            SAEE: 03/2014
            APAT: 04/2014
            COE (GS-7): 06/2014
            SI: ?
            Polygraph: ?
            Medical: ?
            Final Offer: ?

Comment

• just wondering how many (if any?) of you applying for SA came from SO positions?

Comment

• Hey guys, just curious... anyone hear rumors of the likelihood of your first post being where you currently live? I am having serious anxiety of the thought of moving again... I moved with my agency (they don't pay for moves) in May of 2012, for a promotion, then again in Oct 2013, for the same reason; and bought a house. I am tapped out for moves... and seriously stressing about what to do with the house... If I am lucky enough to get a job offer, I don't want to go into bankruptcy getting it!
                "'You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic mater as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

USSS-SA
                Applied: 05/2014
                Referred:05/2014
                Test Date: 06/11/2014
                SAEE Passed: 6/17/2014
                APAT: Suspended
                SPI: 7/09/2014
                COE-(GS-7): 08/09/2014
                SI: 9/10/2014
                Poly:01/05/2015
                Medical: 2/23/2015
                HI: 2/24/2015
                Got The Callâ„¢ 3/31

Comment

• Removed..............
                  Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Anyone here applying out of Texas? During the May 2014 announcement?
                    I have been "referred" but haven't been contacted for testing yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoops View Post
                      As a special agent with the USSS you will move a lot and from what some agents have told me is that if you don't want to move don't join. You are almost always guaranteed to move on the first assignment as it was explained to me that the agency uses this to test your willingness to relocate at the drop of a hat.
                      Also your first move with the agency will come at your own expense. Each move after the first the agency will pay for relocating. During my home interview last week the SAIC informed us about this. He also did inform me there will be no possibilities in getting the field office in the area I lived in and also he would be the one contacting me with orders. Your first assignment will be a big field office which included Miami, LA, SF or NY. As far as DC goes new agent are usually not place at this location until later in there career for reasons of promotion.

Comment

• Thanks for the replies guys! I guess I will just have to make it work. I can't pass up this opportunity if it presents itself!
                        "'You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic mater as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

USSS-SA
                        Applied: 05/2014
                        Referred:05/2014
                        Test Date: 06/11/2014
                        SAEE Passed: 6/17/2014
                        APAT: Suspended
                        SPI: 7/09/2014
                        COE-(GS-7): 08/09/2014
                        SI: 9/10/2014
                        Poly:01/05/2015
                        Medical: 2/23/2015
                        HI: 2/24/2015
                        Got The Callâ„¢ 3/31

Comment

• any June 2013 applicant on the west coast finished with the process? Seems like folks on the east coast go alot faster!

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer 963 View Post
                            Also your first move with the agency will come at your own expense. Each move after the first the agency will pay for relocating. During my home interview last week the SAIC informed us about this. He also did inform me there will be no possibilities in getting the field office in the area I lived in and also he would be the one contacting me with orders. Your first assignment will be a big field office which included Miami, LA, SF or NY. As far as DC goes new agent are usually not place at this location until later in there career for reasons of promotion.
                            Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have been told the USSS will assign you a duty assignment where they need bodies. It is usually a bigger field office like Officer 963 said but not always the case. I know a few people who we're given the choice for a smaller field office and from what I was told they will usually give you at least one choice that is relatively close to the field office doing your processing. I guess you never know until they offer you the job with choices and it's all up to HQ processing. Not sure about moving a lot because from what my recruiter told me you are generally assigned to your phase 1 for about 7 years or sometimes they are seeing a lot longer (due to budgets and having to pay for moves). Then phase 2 which is protection detail usually assigned to the DC area and phase 3 which is back to a field office or training center. So, that doesn't seem to me like a lot moving but I guess it's a matter of opinion.
                            Last edited by Agent25; 06-22-2014, 08:42 PM. Reason: Adding additional comments

Comment

• Removed..............
                              Last edited by scoops; 02-20-2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunyfofu69 View Post
                                any June 2013 applicant on the west coast finished with the process? Seems like folks on the east coast go alot faster!
                                I am processing on the east coast and took my Poly Feb 26 in D.C....needless to say I am still waiting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6172 users online. 454 members and 5718 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X