Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• I have a question for those who have already taken the TEA Exam. Some people on here have talked about memorizing the ARCO book and my question is, are the questions on the TEA exam the same as in the ARCO book? Thanks

Comment

• I have found the Learning Express TEA study guide book to be VERY easy especially the math. I even found many of the answers in the back of the book to be wrong, thats not good.

Just finished going through the entire Arco book for the 4th time!! Hope they call me for the TEA exam date soon.
        USSS SA:
        2/08 Applied
        7/08 Initial Interview
        5/09 TEA Exam
        11/09 Panel
        6/10 BQA Letter
        07/10 Reapplied

USSS UD:
        11/10 Applied
        01/11 Submitted Requested SF86

FBI:
        1/08 Applied
        1/08 Phase I Test - Did not pass
        1/09 Resubmitted Application
        2/09 Phase I Test - Passed
        5/09 Phase II - Passed
        5/09 PFT - Failed - Tore Hamstring during 300m
        9/09 Passed PFT - 19 Points!
        10/09 BQA Letter

USCP:
        05/10 Applied
        06/10 Received COE Letter
        10/10 POST Test - Passed

Comment

Comment

• The TEA is no joke. I failed it the first time with a weeks notice by three points. I couldn't find the book anywhere but decided to take it anyway. I received a second call two weeks later inviting me back and I was able to study and pass with no problems. I wouldn't memorize, just go through ALL of the math examples (ARCO) and be familiar with the problems. There was a problem here and there that ARCO didn't provide similar question. However, the studying of the problems gives you a good foundation. Also, I heard that the fail rate the first time taking the TEA is over 40%. Don't quote me though.

Comment

Comment

• I been studying for over 6 months. If I don't pass then there is something seriously wrong with me!! haha
                USSS SA:
                2/08 Applied
                7/08 Initial Interview
                5/09 TEA Exam
                11/09 Panel
                6/10 BQA Letter
                07/10 Reapplied

USSS UD:
                11/10 Applied
                01/11 Submitted Requested SF86

FBI:
                1/08 Applied
                1/08 Phase I Test - Did not pass
                1/09 Resubmitted Application
                2/09 Phase I Test - Passed
                5/09 Phase II - Passed
                5/09 PFT - Failed - Tore Hamstring during 300m
                9/09 Passed PFT - 19 Points!
                10/09 BQA Letter

USCP:
                05/10 Applied
                06/10 Received COE Letter
                10/10 POST Test - Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentHopeful03 View Post
                  I been studying for over 6 months. If I don't pass then there is something seriously wrong with me!! haha
                  6 months, that's pretty impressive man, hope you do well!

Comment

• Has anyone used the Marshal service test and not had to take the TEA? I'm asking because I had seen before that people who had taken the Marshal's test could use that score.

Comment

• Well, great news today. I passed the poly. Just got a call from the local FO and they started my BI yesterday. I can't tell you how much of a surprise it was. I thought I for sure tanked the polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                        Well, great news today. I passed the poly. Just got a call from the local FO and they started my BI yesterday. I can't tell you how much of a surprise it was. I thought I for sure tanked the polygraph.
                        Congrats England!

I still have not heard anything yet. The local FO did not know anything either, but said I should probably know something next month (Jan). With the inauguration approaching, I have heard they are sending a ton of agents from most of the FOs, so it may slow things down a bit.
                        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                          Well, great news today. I passed the poly. Just got a call from the local FO and they started my BI yesterday. I can't tell you how much of a surprise it was. I thought I for sure tanked the polygraph.
                          Congrats, England. You passed one of the biggest hurdles!

Comment

• Just some FYI on timelines. The lady at the FO told me that my BI isn't due until March. So basically the BI is a 60 day process. That doesn't mean I will be notified by March, just the investigator has until march to complete it.

Comment

• Hey everyone. 1st post here, but long time browser. I am preparing my application for SA, however I just talked to the recruiting agent at my local FO (Boston) and he didn't seem too into the idea of me applying. This was a much different response than I originally got from the recruiting agent in the NY/NJ FO (don't remember which one I talked to a year ago) who really encouraged me to apply. I am 26, a former Eagle Scout, graduated from the U of Delaware and was on scholarship for swimming. I worked 3 years as a personal trainer at an upscale gym training athletes, le/fd, and general population. I recently started a Doctor of Physical Therapy program but am taking a leave of absence after 1 year. I have a clean background, dad works for the government (not LE but high up in environmental protection). Would my background of no LE or LE-type degree really make my chances non-existent? I understand that no one on the forum can truly answer this, however hearing some of your backgrounds and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks! And happy new year!
                              Last edited by wildstar; 12-31-2008, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• I know a lot of current and ex-USSS agents. They do seem to hire a lot of ex-military officers, but they definitely hire some with no prior LE experience.

Boston is a strange animal for federal law enforcement. It is a very difficult post to get for most agencies. For some reason, a lot of people want to go there and not many want to get out. Its weird, because it seems like no one ever wants NYC, San Fran or L.A., because of the cost of living, traffic, etc. However Boston is expensive as hell and the traffic is horrendous but for some reason people want to be there. I know one USSS agent who said they pretty much laughed in his face when he said he would like to get to Boston FO.

As I understand it, USSS traditionally goes on a hiring frenzy just before the campaign to get staffing as high as possible. Then they cut back for a while until the next election. So, when you talked to the first recruiter, they were probably still looking to shove bodies through the process, now they are probably going to be a little more selective.
                                Last edited by ICEAGENT; 12-31-2008, 04:26 PM.
                                Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8946 users online. 428 members and 8518 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X