300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks saone,

The increase was a shock. I attribute it to the exercise, correcting my form/technique, and having a small & stocky frame at 150lbs six years ago. Today, I'm only 10lbs 'heavier' but I've converted a lot of mass to muscle. The increases are MUCH less now as the metabolism slows down with age. Plus that 10lbs makes pushups and running worse.

I still get my 50+ max on tests. But the 5 difficult pushups at the end have now become 10. All the joy is gone.

Anyone for pullups?

Comment

• I just finished the SAEE. For those who are preparing to take it, I'll give you some advice based on my experience.

The test is just like the study guide, literally! Reading over the study guide will make you familar with the questions and as a result you feel more comfortable. You won't have to reread directions and you can develop a stratgey of how to answer the questions quickly.

You will not be allowed to write on the test. I don't know about other people, but I like to make marks and circles on the test for reference points especially on the language section, but you will be given separate paper for notes. Also, the answers are completed on a scantron. If you haven't taken a test on one of these in a while, you might want to practice circling bubbles lol. I ran into an issue with my eraser, it left marks on the sheet. I'm hoping that the computer system does not count those answers as wrong. Try not to erase if possible.

Practice taking the study guide or similar test questions under a time limit. When you really want something and you have time limits the pressure is a little more intense, but proper strategy and preparation helps counteract it.

In regard to hard sections, the observation description section was the hardest for me. It was the last section, so I was already 3 hours into the test. Mentally I was a little tired, but I'm sure that's the point. Just as explained in the book, essentially you need to memorize every small detail. You don't know what type of questions you will be asked to provide so look at everything. For example, if your above a crowded stadium looking at a section of 20 people standing, you might be asked how many of those people had their hands in their pockets.

Also, don't be intimidated by the experience section and the massive amount of questions asked. Its enough time to complete them.

Overall, it's simple test. Make sure you eat breakfast (I didn't). It requires some mental endurance. I'm not sure how did, but I guess I'll see in 7-10 business days.

Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by TurtleMan66 View Post
        I just finished the SAEE. For those who are preparing to take it, I'll give you some advice based on my experience.

The test is just like the study guide, literally! Reading over the study guide will make you familar with the questions and as a result you feel more comfortable. You won't have to reread directions and you can develop a stratgey of how to answer the questions quickly.

You will not be allowed to write on the test. I don't know about other people, but I like to make marks and circles on the test for reference points especially on the language section, but you will be given separate paper for notes. Also, the answers are completed on a scantron. If you haven't taken a test on one of these in a while, you might want to practice circling bubbles lol. I ran into an issue with my eraser, it left marks on the sheet. I'm hoping that the computer system does not count those answers as wrong. Try not to erase if possible.

Practice taking the study guide or similar test questions under a time limit. When you really want something and you have time limits the pressure is a little more intense, but proper strategy and preparation helps counteract it.

In regard to hard sections, the observation description section was the hardest for me. It was the last section, so I was already 3 hours into the test. Mentally I was a little tired, but I'm sure that's the point. Just as explained in the book, essentially you need to memorize every small detail. You don't know what type of questions you will be asked to provide so look at everything. For example, if your above a crowded stadium looking at a section of 20 people standing, you might be asked how many of those people had their hands in their pockets.

Also, don't be intimidated by the experience section and the massive amount of questions asked. Its enough time to complete them.

Overall, it's simple test. Make sure you eat breakfast (I didn't). It requires some mental endurance. I'm not sure how did, but I guess I'll see in 7-10 business days.

Good luck!
        Awesome! Thank you for the feedback! I am super stoked to even have gotten this far. Best of luck to you & I look forward to hearing how you did!
        "'You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic mater as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

USSS-SA
        Applied: 05/2014
        Referred:05/2014
        Test Date: 06/11/2014
        SAEE Passed: 6/17/2014
        APAT: Suspended
        SPI: 7/09/2014
        COE-(GS-7): 08/09/2014
        SI: 9/10/2014
        Poly:01/05/2015
        Medical: 2/23/2015
        HI: 2/24/2015
        Got The Callâ„¢ 3/31

Comment

I just finished the SAEE. For those who are preparing to take it, I'll give you some advice based on my experience.

Good luck!
          You really should not be discussing particulars about the exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefox View Post
            He didn't give up any content you can find this information on the USSS website along with the Study Guide that was sent out to applicants. I think it's good that someone is willing to share some helpful tips for those who aren't very good at standardized testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlwaysReady2000 View Post
              He didn't give up any content you can find this information on the USSS website along with the Study Guide that was sent out to applicants. I think it's good that someone is willing to share some helpful tips for those who aren't very good at standardized testing.
              What this guy said...
              He didn't nothing wrong. He gave basic test taking tips. The specific tips he gave are also listed on their website

Comment

• I believe a little more than basic info was given when speaking of the memorization portion of the exam.
                That is at least my take on it.

Comment

• So I completed my SPI on May 7th and last night my USA Jobs App updated to "under management review." Good? Bad? As far as PT goes, keep PTing. "PT, good for you, good for me."

Comment

There are two things I can deduct from this comment. 1.) You obviously haven't looked at the study guide. 2.) You have no friends.

Nothing I wrote listed details from the test. I merely gave testing tips. In regard to my comments about the observation section, I made that question up and you can find similar questions online and in the study guide. How many people have posted about their training schedule for the APAT and their experience? It's essentially the same thing. What I told them won't make them any smarter if they don't study. The point of my message was to help people deal with their nerves and motivate people to keep trying.

Comment

I believe a little more than basic info was given when speaking of the memorization portion of the exam.
                      That is at least my take on it.
                      How is creating a question similar to the study guide exclusive information? Do people create study guides so they can put unrelated material on the test?

Comment

There are two things I can deduct from this comment. 1.) You obviously haven't looked at the study guide. 2.) You have no friends.

Nothing I wrote listed details from the test. I merely gave testing tips. In regard to my comments about the observation section, I made that question up and you can find similar questions online and in the study guide. How many people have posted about their training schedule for the APAT and their experience? It's essentially the same thing. What I told them won't make them any smarter if they don't study. The point of my message was to help people deal with their nerves and motivate people to keep trying.
                        My ability to make friends has little bearing on this topic. I personally like to error on the side of caution after signing a non-disclosure statement.
                        Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, and that is mine.

Comment

• Please, let's get back to pertinent posts that are relevant to this agonizing process. We are all in this together so let's not start bickering.
                          On a relevant note..... This wait is excruciating. I am awaiting that 'call' since I am done with the process.

Comment

My ability to make friends has little bearing on this topic. I personally like to error on the side of caution after signing a non-disclosure statement.
                            Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, and that is mine.
                            We'll see what happens, Sorry
                            Last edited by TurtleMan66; 06-05-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Same here- if there really is a July class then calls should be soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bassprobwi View Post
                                Same here- if there really is a July class then calls should be soon.
                                I called my investigator and he did say there was a July class but he was unsure when the hiring panel meets again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6239 users online. 326 members and 5913 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X