Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got the kiss of death letter saying I didn't pass the SPI. I had a bad feeling since they took so long to let me know. Looks like I will have to work on my interviewing skills some more. Good luck to everyone still in the running.

Comment

• Originally posted by sa_applicant View Post
      I just got the kiss of death letter saying I didn't pass the SPI. I had a bad feeling since they took so long to let me know. Looks like I will have to work on my interviewing skills some more. Good luck to everyone still in the running.
      Sorry to hear about your news too. Just keep fighting! Sometimes it's a kick to the teeth that starts the real upward momentum.

Comment

• Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
        I am also a May 2014 Applicant and was referred. However I have not heard about a test date yet. I wonder if I should be worried?
        Don't be I got my email yesterday out of the Charlotte nc field office to test. I was referred 2 weeks ago. Just be patient.

Comment

• Hello All, new here. I am also a May 2014 applicant, USAJobs says "Referred" but when I click through, the Treas site says "your application is being reviewed" ... So I am patiently waiting... Like everyone else it seems... I've been reading this forum for a while and have noticed several folks putting "suspended" next to the APAT date... Can anyone give me the gist of why that is? Completely suspended, or postponed? I am training hard to be able to pass & will continue to do so, I was just wondering how long I may have to continue to train. Thank you in advance for any info! Cheers!
          "'You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic mater as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

USSS-SA
          Applied: 05/2014
          Referred:05/2014
          Test Date: 06/11/2014
          SAEE Passed: 6/17/2014
          APAT: Suspended
          SPI: 7/09/2014
          COE-(GS-7): 08/09/2014
          SI: 9/10/2014
          Poly:01/05/2015
          Medical: 2/23/2015
          HI: 2/24/2015
          Got The Callâ„¢ 3/31

Comment

• Originally posted by Insptr_Mo View Post
            Hello All, new here. I am also a May 2014 applicant, USAJobs says "Referred" but when I click through, the Treas site says "your application is being reviewed" ... So I am patiently waiting... Like everyone else it seems... I've been reading this forum for a while and have noticed several folks putting "suspended" next to the APAT date... Can anyone give me the gist of why that is? Completely suspended, or postponed? I am training hard to be able to pass & will continue to do so, I was just wondering how long I may have to continue to train. Thank you in advance for any info! Cheers!
            There is no need........from what one of the USSS agents told me that is a lot of people were not passing the test so the director of the USSS canceled all APATs from the application process.

Thats how bad they need people........they are canceling application steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by nojustice View Post
              Don't be I got my email yesterday out of the Charlotte nc field office to test. I was referred 2 weeks ago. Just be patient.
              That is a good field office.......they process your application extremely quick.......I'm processing from their as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                There is no need........from what one of the USSS agents told me that is a lot of people were not passing the test so the director of the USSS canceled all APATs from the application process.

Wait a minute.. a lot of people "were not" passing?

Comment

• Yes........a lot of people were not passing. Please anybody on this forum don't take this the wrong way, but he said that a lot of women were not passing the APAT, and seeing how the director of the SS is a female, she did away with it. I assuming there is a big need for females in the agency.

Comment

Holy canoli! That's a little crazy. I am assuming they believe you will be whipped into shape during all the training... I'm still going to train as if I had to take it.. always best to be prepared... just in case it changes again! lol Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!
                    "'You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic mater as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

USSS-SA
                    Applied: 05/2014
                    Referred:05/2014
                    Test Date: 06/11/2014
                    SAEE Passed: 6/17/2014
                    APAT: Suspended
                    SPI: 7/09/2014
                    COE-(GS-7): 08/09/2014
                    SI: 9/10/2014
                    Poly:01/05/2015
                    Medical: 2/23/2015
                    HI: 2/24/2015
                    Got The Callâ„¢ 3/31

Comment

Yes........a lot of people were not passing. Please anybody on this forum don't take this the wrong way, but he said that a lot of women were not passing the APAT, and seeing how the director of the SS is a female, she did away with it. I assuming there is a big need for females in the agency.
                      This is a bit surprising because the PFT at SATC won't be any easier! Maybe they will be a bit more lax on that one too because thry are hurting for warm bodies right before election season. Pullups aren't my strong point so I'd welcome some leniency!

Comment

• Funny I heard just the opposite basically saying it is a pointless step because so many people pass!

Comment

• I'm not sure, but that came from a good source about the APAT. I agree, I'm trying to get my run times down because its still lookin terrible

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                            I have a buddy that Is a captain who had to defer his final offer because of something dealing with his resignation. The dates didnt sync right. He went to academy 5 mos later than original offer
                            I might ask to do the same because we are expecting our first child in September and I would really feel better about being around for the birth rather than having just started at FLETC and missing the first seven months of her life! With so many purported classes running in the coming year, I hope that they're amenable to that proposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by m056876 View Post
                              I might ask to do the same because we are expecting our first child in September and I would really feel better about being around for the birth rather than having just started at FLETC and missing the first seven months of her life! With so many purported classes running in the coming year, I hope that they're amenable to that proposition.
                              Here is something for you to think about. As an agent, your wife can be going in to labor and you can get tasked with an assignment.... Guess where you are going to be.

The difference is they have to work with military obligations by law... Not family matters

Just giving you something to think about before you decline something they may never come back should you decline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                                Here is something for you to think about. As an agent, your wife can be going in to labor and you can get tasked with an assignment.... Guess where you are going to be.

The difference is they have to work with military obligations by law... Not family matters

Just giving you something to think about before you decline something they may never come back should you decline.
                                I'm also still an active duty military officer so I will leverage that fact.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2665 users online. 117 members and 2548 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X