Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
    Congrats and good luck.....I remember u got the call but when did the paperwork come in the mail for Ur final offer.
    I never got official paperwork.

    I got the one phone call telling me to come to the office on a certain date. That was it. Times, who to ask for, etc., were unknown.

    Left my old job, and crossed my fingers nothing bad would happen.

    I got paperwork on day one that told me my GS grade and other small things.

    There was no packet detailing, hey you got the job, report this day to this person, then go to SAITC, then fletc on this date, and then beltsville on this date. (I learned these things probably a week or so ago.)

    My advice is to call your offices when the time comes. They were able to verbally reassure me that my name was in their files to start.

    More importantly, be prepared to be flexible. Just go with the flow. Control freaks, prepare to be stressed out lol.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cornmuffin74 View Post
      I never got official paperwork.

      I got the one phone call telling me to come to the office on a certain date. That was it. Times, who to ask for, etc., were unknown.

      Left my old job, and crossed my fingers nothing bad would happen.

      I got paperwork on day one that told me my GS grade and other small things.

      There was no packet detailing, hey you got the job, report this day to this person, then go to SAITC, then fletc on this date, and then beltsville on this date. (I learned these things probably a week or so ago.)

      My advice is to call your offices when the time comes. They were able to verbally reassure me that my name was in their files to start.

      More importantly, be prepared to be flexible. Just go with the flow. Control freaks, prepare to be stressed out lol.
      I'm happy for you man.......hoping you keep us posted on the transition to FLETC. Let us know if more classes are to come also!!!

      Congrats, good luck and may the force be with you!!!!

      Comment


      • Any Jan 14 applicants who passed SAEE heard anything about SPI yet?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Officer 963 View Post
          So I called my source down in Georgia in regards to a class in July for CITP there is nothing scheduled. I did find out however there is 2 classes in September. First one Sept 15- Dec 8 second one Sept 29- Dec 19 I believe.
          +1 on no class in July as far as I have heard, only June and September. I have been told that there will be a ton of classes beginning in January. Keep in mind though that the fiscal year starts in October so there very well could be another class after September sometime before January. Guess we will have to wait and see.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NEL006 View Post
            +1 on no class in July as far as I have heard, only June and September. I have been told that there will be a ton of classes beginning in January. Keep in mind though that the fiscal year starts in October so there very well could be another class after September sometime before January. Guess we will have to wait and see.
            +1........just to restate again the ASAC at my SI said that Jan 14 applicants can be expected to be hired by Dec. 14.

            With him saying hired I'm guessing either in trainning or given a final offer by Dec. 14.

            Comment


            • Did anyone from either the January or May announcement previously pass the SAEE? The May vacancy said that if we had previously passed the SAEE we could send in verification of passing.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                Exactly...for whoever is thinking about calling, they are going to be really short with you and sound like they dont want to talk but they are in fact very friendly. They will not offer any information that you dont ask so dont think that you can hint to what you want to know and that they are just gonna give you gouge.

                You have to ask them exactly what you want to know and they will tell you. I tried to make it sound like "I hate to bother you" but she actually insisted that I call if I have questions and that they dont mind.

                Who is bold enough?
                I must have gotten another person. I called HCD today and asked if there was going to be a class in July, and two classes in September. She answered "should be" to both July and September. I'm guessing the FLETC contact is more accurate. Next, the HCD contact did not know when the hiring panel would meet or when notifications would go out. She said the final offer notifications would go out via email... which contradicts what happened to Cornmuffin74. In reading through this thread, it seems like the hiring panels' dates are secrets or black holes of sorts. In any case, I'm getting my family ready to go. Glad my wife is on board and she said "it won't matter if we get 2 or 6 weeks notice and have to move." Phew.

                Comment


                • Did anyone here apply for the May 2014 announcement from the Austin FO?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by clerkofoc View Post
                    I must have gotten another person. I called HCD today and asked if there was going to be a class in July, and two classes in September. She answered "should be" to both July and September. I'm guessing the FLETC contact is more accurate. Next, the HCD contact did not know when the hiring panel would meet or when notifications would go out. She said the final offer notifications would go out via email... which contradicts what happened to Cornmuffin74. In reading through this thread, it seems like the hiring panels' dates are secrets or black holes of sorts. In any case, I'm getting my family ready to go. Glad my wife is on board and she said "it won't matter if we get 2 or 6 weeks notice and have to move." Phew.
                    We are all going to get different information, only way we will know whats correct and incorrect is to just sit back and wait. Everyone has to be patient, I've been in announcements before that have just canceled out of nowhere. Although it seems that they want to do a ton of hiring, pray that they do in fact have the money and space (only so many class rooms in Beltsville). You 2014 applicants are making me ancy and I'm already in the system.

                    As for the hiring panels the common theme is that they are in fact unknown to anyone.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NEL006 View Post
                      We are all going to get different information, only way we will know whats correct and incorrect is to just sit back and wait. Everyone has to be patient, I've been in announcements before that have just canceled out of nowhere. Although it seems that they want to do a ton of hiring, pray that they do in fact have the money and space (only so many class rooms in Beltsville). You 2014 applicants are making me ancy and I'm already in the system.

                      As for the hiring panels the common theme is that they are in fact unknown to anyone.
                      Just me speculating........but I would guess that the classes for this year will most likely go to most of the June 13 applicants and us Jan 14 applicants will make the classes next year.

                      Then again they may exhaust the June 13 applicant pool list and start with the Jan 14 applicants ........like you said its hard to tell. I would be surprised if a Jan 14 applicant is hired before a June 13 applicant.

                      Good Luck to all and keep the faith.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by clerkofoc View Post
                        I must have gotten another person. I called HCD today and asked if there was going to be a class in July, and two classes in September. She answered "should be" to both July and September. I'm guessing the FLETC contact is more accurate. Next, the HCD contact did not know when the hiring panel would meet or when notifications would go out. She said the final offer notifications would go out via email... which contradicts what happened to Cornmuffin74. In reading through this thread, it seems like the hiring panels' dates are secrets or black holes of sorts. In any case, I'm getting my family ready to go. Glad my wife is on board and she said "it won't matter if we get 2 or 6 weeks notice and have to move." Phew.
                        clerkofoc FTW!!! Thanks for calling and getting more info.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TurtleMan66 View Post
                          I am a May 2014 applicant. I got my SAEE date a few days ago. I will be taking the test this Thursday. I read over the study guide and it seems pretty straightforward and simple, but I can't imagine this is the case. Anyone have advice about the test?
                          I am also a May 2014 Applicant and was referred. However I have not heard about a test date yet. I wonder if I should be worried?

                          Comment


                          • To the May 2014 applicants! I received my email with my SAEE test date so I'm sure you all will receive yours in the upcoming days if you were in fact referred... Good luck everyone on the test...

                            Comment


                            • Just got e-mail from my FO today. Medical is scheduled for 2 weeks from today! Moving the ball along.....

                              Took poly almost 2 months ago.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by accountingguy View Post
                                Just got e-mail from my FO today. Medical is scheduled for 2 weeks from today! Moving the ball along.....

                                Took poly almost 2 months ago.
                                I hate that they are taking to long to get the results done after the poly........has anybody else been processed faster or is 2 months the norm?????

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4262 users online. 274 members and 3988 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X