X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Det sje, I pm'ed you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
      Just got back from my security interview and the ASAC told me that the Jan 14 applicants can be expected to be hired by Dec 14.
      Sorry to inundate you with questions, but I am a June 2013 applicant trying to glean all the info I can!

1. By "hired", did they mean, "EOD in hand" or finished with the hiring process and waiting on the hiring panel?
      2. Did they indicate that there was a class in Dec? I have only heard rumors of classes in July and September?
      3. The timelines seem to sync with what I was told before (1 year processing time). Do you recall if they discussed the estimated timelines for the 1st phase of the Application process (App, SAEE, APAT) in the January announcement?

Comment

• Konipt, turn on your private messages

Comment

• Originally posted by k103 View Post
          Konipt, turn on your private messages
          Done.

Comment

• A MEANINGFUL post for some...my buddy applied for the SA position...took poly back in April, and is yet to hear a response.

Was scared to call and inquire...I dont get why anyone would be scared so I told him "whatever, ill do it for you" so I called and explained that its been over a month and have yet to receive results.

Lady said they tell polygraphers not to give estimates on turnaround times because they take a while, even internally. She said however even if it comes back, they dont give the results here [Human Capital Division] So I said okay and told her I have a bold question for her.

I then asked her when is the next class after june and she said "July... there is a no kidding class in July and we are doing a lot of hiring this year"

I told her thank you and got off the phone...easy day.

The only thing I wish i would have asked is when is the hiring panel for that class and how long after the panel for notification.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
              I then asked her when is the next class after june and she said "July... there is a no kidding class in July and we are doing a lot of hiring this year"

The only thing I wish i would have asked is when is the hiring panel for that class and how long after the panel for notification.

Hope this helps.
              That is meaningful! So that's a great confirmation of a July class. Perhaps, someone should step up and ask about the hiring panel? Any takers..before I volunteer.

Comment

• Haha. Go for it Jdub.

Comment

• I went for it and it was much easier than expected. Here's what I found out:

The gentlemen I spoke with told me that there has not been a hiring panel for the July academy. Meaning, there is a class in July. Boom! Awesome news there. He informed me that the Hiring Panel will most likely meet in July and selection notifications will go out immediately after.

Best to everyone! Enjoy June!!

Comment

• So I'm finally back at my computer.........the interview only took one hour, and he didn't speak on the June 13 applicants. His exact words were "the bunch of applicants in your group and that you tested with can expected to be hired by Dec 14". ASAC also spoke on the background stating that backgrounds are given to field agents and can be lengthy if you have lived a lot of places.

ASAC also stated that they are doing record hiring and they have a lot of deadlines to fulfill for each application step.

ASAC also stated that after the security interview, HQ makes the determination on who gets a polygraph. I pretty sure everyone knows but had a personal conversation with one of the agents and the first thing he said to me was that, "man if you get in the money is OUTRAGEOUS!!!"

The agent I talk to said that he is the exception to the rule with first assignments, stating that he has been at his home field office for 12 years and is leaving on June 20 to do his protection detail.

P.S.:I got to see the polygraph room while getting fingerprinted and it looks like a torture dungeon!!!
                    Last edited by Det_sje; 06-02-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Great info! C'mon record hiring, time to get moving. Ahh man, you looked at the poly room? Big mistake! Hahaha no worries, you'll do fine. Best regards buddy.

Comment

• I couldn't help it.......I was already in shock because I'm walking threw the halls of a SECRET SERVICE office and I was excited as hell!!! So I saw polygraph room and when I looked in I saw a black chair facing the wall!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                          I couldn't help it.......I was already in shock because I'm walking threw the halls of a SECRET SERVICE office and I was excited as hell!!! So I saw polygraph room and when I looked in I saw a black chair facing the wall!!!!!
                          Det...that black chair is our destiny...embrace it!
                          The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                          Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                          Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• Well Guys I will not be joining you on this run........I did not get referred I seen the kiss of death notification "We will notify you via email" I am not upset it just wasn't my time. However I am going to continue to work out and get in better shape and study the Secret Service Study guide and hope to be selected in the next announcement. Congratulations and GOOD LUCK to everyone on their future career with the Secret Service.

Comment

• Awesome attitude NavyMa2.

It will happen. Keep applying.

Comment

• I spoke to an Agent at a career conference last week and he told me to not be surprised if the process/class dates for recent applicants are pushed slightly to the right (he didn't say how slight). He informed me that the big manpower focus now is to get as many UD guys in classes as possible before the FY ends. There is a push to get the SA groups rolling too, but don't fret if things go a little slower than expected...as if it isn't already slow enough. The June and July classes are probably all set for those that applied pre 2014 and up in the air for those thereafter (just my guess). Good info to know nonetheless. I'm a May 2014 applicant and still waiting on word of the SAEE.
                                USSS-SA
                                Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                                Referred: 06/2014
                                Test Date: 07/13/2014
                                SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                                APAT: Passed w/ UD
                                SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                                COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                                SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                                POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                                BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                                HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                                MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                                THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10023 users online. 216 members and 9807 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X