300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agent25 View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on disqualifications for the 1811 position. In 1998 I along with 6 other friends were at a party in the woods and someone had an idea of walking up to a house the was being newly constructed. Seven of us entered the house through a garage door and some of the guys did some damage to drywall. It turns out that all seven of us were charged by state police with burglary, criminal trespass and criminal mischief (3 felonies). All the charges were later dismissed at the magistrate. Restitution for the damages was paid to the victim. My charges were all expunged from my record in 1999. I graduated college in 2000 and have been working in local law enforcement for the last 14 years with not one blemish on my record. Just wondering if this will prevent me from further processing for the 1811 position because I already received my COE and turned in security packet. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Agent25 - my advice (I currently have a TS Clearance with my agency and have been through the rigmarole) is to disclose it, even though the charges were dismissed and it was expunged from your record. It could only hurt you if you don't disclose it and they find out during your BI. Since you submitted your packet already, just be upfront with your background investigator when they ask about your criminal background and explain why you didn't disclose it on your SF86. Good luck!

Comment

• For those who applied for this latest announcement (May '14) and were referred - has anyone received their invite to the SAEE yet? The announcement said they were administering the test between June 4-11, but I haven't received anything other than the referral update in USAJOBS. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ewr09 View Post
        For those who applied for this latest announcement (May '14) and were referred - has anyone received their invite to the SAEE yet? The announcement said they were administering the test between June 4-11, but I haven't received anything other than the referral update in USAJOBS. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
        I was referred and have not received a test date yet

Comment

• Thanks erw09, I did disclose it on my SF86 because I'm not about trying to hide something. I'm just hoping that the USSS will look at it the same way.
          Thanks again!
          Last edited by Agent25; 08-09-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Hey Gents.. Question,

My car literally just got towed yesterday by my apartment complex for not having a visible permit showing even though I am still waiting for it in the mail. I already paid to get it out, and also trying to fight it and get a letter from the property manager saying I was wrongfully towed. Anyways, do you think the SS will care too much when backgrounds start? Thanks.

Comment

• Applied to May 2014 announcement. Got an email on May 12 saying I was referred and a thanks but no thanks email on the 21st. Go figure.
              Current FLEO

Comment

• Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
                I was referred and have not received a test date yet
                Thanks - good luck to you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent25 View Post
                  Thanks erw09, I did disclose it on my SF86 because I'm not about trying to hide something. I just hope it's not a disqualification because I'm really hoping to get through this process and I don't want something that happened when I was 20 years old (16 years ago) to hold me up. I'm just hoping that the USSS will look at it the same way.
                  Thanks again!
                  No problem. I can't see them DQing you on something like that, although stranger things have happened. As long as you are consistently honest with them, you should be good to go. Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by USAFRAVEN View Post
                    Hey Gents.. Question,

My car literally just got towed yesterday by my apartment complex for not having a visible permit showing even though I am still waiting for it in the mail. I already paid to get it out, and also trying to fight it and get a letter from the property manager saying I was wrongfully towed. Anyways, do you think the SS will care too much when backgrounds start? Thanks.
                    I'm 99% sure that it won't be an issue. Just let them know during the SI interview when/If they ask about tickets and stuff similar to that.

Comment

• I was also referred but no test date yet.

Also, my first post on the forum, been lurking and reading for a while. Good luck to everyone applying.
                      Last edited by NUguyinCrew; 06-01-2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Is anyone aware if when offered a FO you have the option to defer? Is so, does anyone know the length of time your able to defer or the acceptable reasons for requesting a deferral? Thanks.
                        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                          Is anyone aware if when offered a you have the option to defer? Is so, does anyone know the length of time your able to defer or the acceptable reasons for requesting a deferral? Thanks.
                          I have a buddy that Is a captain who had to defer his final offer because of something dealing with his resignation. The dates didnt sync right. He went to academy 5 mos later than original offer
                          Last edited by Bronc_smith; 06-01-2014, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
                            I have a buddy that Is a captain who had to defer his final offer because of something dealing with his resignation. The dates didnt sync right. He went to academy 5 mos later than original offer
                            Thanks for the info.
                            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Just got back from my security interview and the ASAC told me that the Jan 14 applicants can be expected to be hired by Dec 14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                                Just got back from my security interview and the ASAC told me that the Jan 14 applicants can be expected to be hired by Dec 14.
                                That would be pretty awesome. Some of us have only passed the test so far, and are still waiting on the SPI.

Hope it all keeps going smooth for you. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17601 users online. 517 members and 17084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X