300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This post has been deleted
    Last edited by swanny; 01-11-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by swanny View Post
      I got the call yesterday, offered two FOs on the East Coast. Took the one that I didn't need to move for!

for the record my TL is below:

Jan 08 Applied
      March 08 Initial Interview
      May 08 TEA
      June 08 Panel
      Jul 08 Physical
      Aug 08 Poly
      Sep 08 BI
      Oct 08 Home Interview
      Oct 08 Drug screen
      Dec 08 Called for Jan FLETC

Good luck to everyone and I hope I eventually meet all of you.
      Congratulations man. Good luck at the academy. Hopefully I'm not far behind you.

Comment

• Congrats Swanny! We'll be seeing you at SAITC!!!!

Comment

• I observed on the 911 forum that a couple had received DQ letters assuming the polygraph was the culprit. Did any of you guys examiner's tell you whether you passed or failed immediately following the exam? After my exam I was under the assumption the knowledge was immediate (i.e. I was told).
          Last edited by SgtScott31; 12-21-2008, 08:54 PM.
          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Before my poly they told me that I would know before I left. However, following my poly they were unsure and told me that I would be notified. I had to take it a second time and it was the same story...no idea whether I passed or not. I didn't find out until I was notified about a home interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
              I observed on the 911 forum that a couple had received DQ letters assuming the polygraph was the culprit. Did any of you guys examiner's tell you whether you passed or failed immediately following the exam? After my exam I was under the assumption the knowledge was immediate (i.e. I was told).
              My examiner told me that I had "some responses" but he is reccommending that I continue in the process. However, he said the decision is not up to him and it will be forwarded to quality control in D.C.

That was about mid November. I haven't heard anything yet and I'm just trying to be patient.

I haven't called the HR hotline yet. Anyone think I should?

Comment

• Originally posted by Inverted View Post
                Before my poly they told me that I would know before I left. However, following my poly they were unsure and told me that I would be notified. I had to take it a second time and it was the same story...no idea whether I passed or not. I didn't find out until I was notified about a home interview.
                Hey inverted, how long was it between your first poly and notification of the 2nd one?

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                  Hey inverted, how long was it between your first poly and notification of the 2nd one?
                  About 30 minutes. He called me as I was driving home and told me that due to the responses that I would need to come in for a second poly. I believe the appointment was also scheduled at that time; although, the second poly was conducted with a seperate polygrapher, but not at my request.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inverted View Post
                    About 30 minutes. He called me as I was driving home and told me that due to the responses that I would need to come in for a second poly. I believe the appointment was also scheduled at that time; although, the second poly was conducted with a seperate polygrapher, but not at my request.
                    I don't know if I should feel good or bad about that. They didn't schedule me for a 2nd poly. So I don't know if that means I passed or just flat out failed. No 2nd chance required.

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
                      I don't know if I should feel good or bad about that. They didn't schedule me for a 2nd poly. So I don't know if that means I passed or just flat out failed. No 2nd chance required.
                      I wouldn't fret about it. A lot of time can pass between your poly and the next steps since you already cleared your physical. I didn't hear anything for 5 months after my poly and that was when a background investigator called me. If you have a good POC at your FO, you should be able to call in and find out if you passed your poly about 1 month after it was done. Good luck.

Comment

• I agree. Don't worry too much about it right now. Following my second poly I walked out feeling just as bad as my first and then had to wait for another two months before I received any word. Give it another month, then I might encourage you to call your field office. In fact, I was told on several occasions that after about 2 months of not hearing anything, to feel free to call the FO with questions.

Good luck!

Comment

• Hey guys, I been reading this thread for a while and this is my first post. You all have provided great insight and encouragement. I am about a year into my application process and still haven't taken the TEA exam yet.

Here is my timeline:

June 2007: Started Application
                          February 2008: Submitted Application (took my time to make sure the essays were perfect, submitted to local FO)
                          July 2008: Initial Interview
                          July 2008: Scheduled for TEA Exam (I had to reschedule to the next exam so I had more time to study for exam)
                          December 2008: Still waiting for TEA exam date

When I was originally called for my initial interview I figured I had time to study but the next TEA exam was less then a week away. That was not enough time to prepare so I asked them to schedule me for the next one. The SA said that will not be a problem and will call me in October to schedule the next TEA exam. Its now almost January and still no call. I called the recruitement center in DC recently and they said my file is still active and they have not scheduled the next TEA exam yet. The must be busy with the elections. Needless to say, I have been studying for 6 full months using the ARCO and the Learning Express book. Pretty much have both books memorized by now. I struggle with math so been putting 110% effort hitting the books in that area.

Background on myself:

30 Years Old
                          BS Degree in Computer Information Systems
                          Firearm Training - Just basic training so I do not learn any bad habits.
                          Background - Crystal clean, never smoked, never experimented with any drugs, never been arrested or even received a speeding ticket.
                          Ran a consumer BI on myself that you can purchase on the internet and it came out squeaky clean.
                          Vision - I have 20/30 vision with no glasses and go to my eye doctor every year.
                          Health - I go to the gym 6 days a week and been preparing for the FLETC fitness requirements for over a year. I am well within the "Good" requirements for sit ups, chin ups, 1.5 mi run, and push ups.

Guess I am just going to continue being patient and keep studying till they call me for the TEA exam. Been fully commited to this since I submitted my application a year ago and will keep you all updated. Anyone have any suggestions besides just be patient?

Thanks!!
                          Last edited by AgentHopeful03; 12-31-2008, 07:40 PM.
                          USSS SA:
                          2/08 Applied
                          7/08 Initial Interview
                          5/09 TEA Exam
                          11/09 Panel
                          6/10 BQA Letter
                          07/10 Reapplied

USSS UD:
                          11/10 Applied
                          01/11 Submitted Requested SF86

FBI:
                          1/08 Applied
                          1/08 Phase I Test - Did not pass
                          1/09 Resubmitted Application
                          2/09 Phase I Test - Passed
                          5/09 Phase II - Passed
                          5/09 PFT - Failed - Tore Hamstring during 300m
                          9/09 Passed PFT - 19 Points!
                          10/09 BQA Letter

USCP:
                          05/10 Applied
                          06/10 Received COE Letter
                          10/10 POST Test - Passed

Comment

• ************************************************** **
                            Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentHopeful03 View Post
                              Hey guys, I been reading this thread for a while and this is my first post. You all have provided great insight and encouragement. I am about a year into my application process and still haven't taken the TEA exam yet.

Here is my timeline:

June 2007: Started Application
                              February 2008: Submitted Application (took my time to make sure the essays were perfect, hanged in to local FO)
                              July 2008: Initial Interview
                              July 2008: Scheduled for TEA Exam (I had to reschedule to the next exam so I had more time to study for exam)
                              December 2008: Still waiting for TEA exam date

When I was originally called for my initial interview I figured I had time to study but the next TEA exam was less then a week away. That was not enough time to prepare so I asked them to schedule me for the next one. The SA said that will not be a problem and will call me in October to schedule the next TEA exam. Its now almost January and still no call. I called the recruitement center in DC recently and they said my file is still active and they have not scheduled the next TEA exam yet. The must be busy with the elections. Needless to say, I have been studying for 6 full months using the ARCO and the Learning Express book. Pretty much have both books memorized by now. I struggle with math so been putting 110% effort hitting the books in that area.

Background on myself:

30 Years Old
                              BS Degree in Computer Information Systems
                              Firearm Training - Just basic training so I do not learn any bad habits.
                              Background - Crystal clean, never smoked, never experimented with any drugs, never been arrested or even received a speeding ticket.
                              Ran a consumer BI on myself that you can purchase on the internet and it came out squeaky clean.
                              Vision - I have 20/30 vision with no glasses and go to my eye doctor every year.
                              Health - I go to the gym 6 days a week and been preparing for the FLETC fitness requirements for over a year. I am well within the "Good" requirements for sit ups, chin ups, 1.5 mi run, and push ups.

Guess I am just going to continue being patient and keep studying till they call me for the TEA exam. Been fully commited to this since I submitted my application a year ago and will keep you all updated. Anyone have any suggestions besides just be patient?

Thanks!!
                              Sounds to me like your app has been lost or something. That's quite a long time to be waiting on the TEA.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice guys. I actually called the main recruiting center in DC about a week ago and they checked on my app. Its still active, they just have not scheduled the next TEA exam yet. Im surprised that they had such a big lapse between exams but it must be because of the elections.

I found this TEA study guide on the internet:

http://www.mo-media.com/tea/

Anyone used this guide before?
                                USSS SA:
                                2/08 Applied
                                7/08 Initial Interview
                                5/09 TEA Exam
                                11/09 Panel
                                6/10 BQA Letter
                                07/10 Reapplied

USSS UD:
                                11/10 Applied
                                01/11 Submitted Requested SF86

FBI:
                                1/08 Applied
                                1/08 Phase I Test - Did not pass
                                1/09 Resubmitted Application
                                2/09 Phase I Test - Passed
                                5/09 Phase II - Passed
                                5/09 PFT - Failed - Tore Hamstring during 300m
                                9/09 Passed PFT - 19 Points!
                                10/09 BQA Letter

USCP:
                                05/10 Applied
                                06/10 Received COE Letter
                                10/10 POST Test - Passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8984 users online. 429 members and 8555 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X