Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Glad I could help. Good luck to all.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by copper78 View Post
      I got the rejection email last night.... Just wondering what they are looking for. I know there is no reasoning the way the feds think. I have 6 years fed LE and 8 Years local.

      You got rejected with 6 yrs fed le? What agency???

      Comment


      • Those that got rejected that feel like they probably shouldn't have, also have to consider how their resume was written and how they answered the questions.

        Usajobs is a tricky system and you definitely have to understand how to manuever it. There is the answer.

        Comment


        • I agree, a lot of it involves your keywords and resume. I applied to the May post and I was referred. I have 2 years of non-leo fraud experience and I'm a fairly recent graduate. However, I spent at least 8-10 hours completing my application to make sure it was on point. I may not get far in the process, but at least I've figured out usajobs finally.

          Comment


          • Border Patrol and Federal Air Marshal



            Originally posted by edzoom View Post
            You got rejected with 6 yrs fed le? What agency???

            Comment


            • I'm still standing by for an answer.......... this is so nerve-racking.....but I really hope it's worth the wait. I am a May 2014 applicant I applied 3 other times and was not referred this is the longest I ever had to wait.

              Comment


              • May 2014 is my third time applying, never got referred or emailed. However, on this recent vacancy I was rejected for Grade 9 (confirmed via rejection email) but Grade 7 is still under review. Under USAJOBS status, says "Referred" but when I go to USSS status, it says "we are currently reviewing your application" under Grade 7. Grade 9 shows "You will be notified by email".

                Anyone have the same results? I hope I make the cut for Grade 7.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GettingFED View Post
                  May 2014 is my third time applying, never got referred or emailed. However, on this recent vacancy I was rejected for Grade 9 (confirmed via rejection email) but Grade 7 is still under review. Under USAJOBS status, says "Referred" but when I go to USSS status, it says "we are currently reviewing your application" under Grade 7. Grade 9 shows "You will be notified by email".

                  Anyone have the same results? I hope I make the cut for Grade 7.
                  Yes from my experience.......you made the first cut and will get a SAEE test date in the near future.

                  Comment


                  • May 2014 applicant. My USAJobs still says received, no email or change in status since 2May14 when I applied. Is this normal? It seems many applicants' statuses have changed or have received an email. Thanks to all for your help and knowledge within this thread.

                    Comment


                    • For all of us waiting post-polygraph, I have a friend who is a SS agent. He told me they are getting ready to do another batch of medical exams, and have 2 classess scheduled for this FY, and a few scheduled for next FY. He also said they are down 300 agents and looking to hire 200 this year.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by oifvet159 View Post
                        For all of us waiting post-polygraph, I have a friend who is a SS agent. He told me they are getting ready to do another batch of medical exams, and have 2 classess scheduled for this FY, and a few scheduled for next FY. He also said they are down 300 agents and looking to hire 200 this year.
                        Hope you hear something soon!! How would they hire 200 agents if there are only 2 classes? Haha maybe we'll all get a push soon for those of us done and waiting.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
                          Hope you hear something soon!! How would they hire 200 agents if there are only 2 classes? Haha maybe we'll all get a push soon for those of us done and waiting.

                          Haha, that's a good question JDUB...who really knows how many they want to take on? The only solace we can all take is that the USSS budget is going up for FY15, which isn't the case for other agencies. That's got to mean turning on the hiring spigot through this next year!
                          The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                          Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                          Believer in the ~bean Suffix

                          Comment


                          • Well turn that thing on full blast! Haha we've all heard good things, so let's expect them to happen.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MFUSMA10 View Post
                              May 2014 applicant. My USAJobs still says received, no email or change in status since 2May14 when I applied. Is this normal? It seems many applicants' statuses have changed or have received an email. Thanks to all for your help and knowledge within this thread.

                              Same here. My friend also applied for the May announcement and his status has changed to denied in the first week.
                              I am also waiting patiently. I am sure they have received at least 10000 applications so it might take a while. The diplomatic security service received 11000 applicants and it took them 5 months to reply and invite me to an interview...

                              Comment


                              • They are hrining 500 give or take. Stacking numbers for 2016 elections.
                                Current FLEO

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 16877 users online. 527 members and 16350 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X