Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Service SA hiring process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Big Bill View Post
    Completed the SPI today. About how long is it taking them to notify if you passed?
    I took the SPI on May 1st and was told within 15 days I would be notified.A few others were told the up to 15 days response. One guy on here took his on April 28th and was notified seven days later. It could be sooner or later who knows.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
      Well no COE today.....maybe tomorrow.....
      Det_sje,

      Any COE today? If not don't fret bro. If you feel you did well then you'll get the COE. My FO was pretty much consistent with 3-4 weeks between each step.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Officer 959 View Post
        Det_sje,

        Any COE today? If not don't fret bro. If you feel you did well then you'll get the COE. My FO was pretty much consistent with 3-4 weeks between each step.
        Nah, nothing.......I know I did well on my SPI, just thought I would of had my results by now, since the first two steps I had my notification on the seventh day.

        I saw that with some of the June 13 applicants it took them a few weeks to get the COE. My thinking is they want to catch the other applicants that I'm processing with up before they send out COEs.

        Comment


        • So here is some news. I was having a convo with my "source" (source 1) about the classes because one of my other sources said all the June classes were filled so I was thinking "my terminal ends in august so I better have a job ready in case I don't get picked for the September class.

          Source 1 then said there would be more classes soon in which I responded that the other agent told me the next rumored class is sept. Source 1 responded telling me don't worry about rumors, and that there was a class starting this month and that I was not on the hiring panel due to my terminal leave start date and that I will be on the panel for either the June OR JULY class. Neither of which have taken place yet.

          Source two is a first phase agent, source one is supervisor of the hiring squad...so I conveniently will believe source one and keep my fingers crossed hoping one day to get called. Just wanted to post something meaningful. Do with it what you will.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
            So here is some news. I was having a convo with my "source" (source 1) about the classes because one of my other sources said all the June classes were filled so I was thinking "my terminal ends in august so I better have a job ready in case I don't get picked for the September class.

            Source 1 then said there would be more classes soon in which I responded that the other agent told me the next rumored class is sept. Source 1 responded telling me don't worry about rumors, and that there was a class starting this month and that I was not on the hiring panel due to my terminal leave start date and that I will be on the panel for either the June OR JULY class. Neither of which have taken place yet.

            Source two is a first phase agent, source one is supervisor of the hiring squad...so I conveniently will believe source one and keep my fingers crossed hoping one day to get called. Just wanted to post something meaningful. Do with it what you will.
            Excellent news and best of luck Bronc!

            Det_sje did you receive feedback that you did well on the SPI or just a gut feeling? I was hoping you heard something today too, haha - pulling for you buddy!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Data44 View Post
              Excellent news and best of luck Bronc!

              Det_sje did you receive feedback that you did well on the SPI or just a gut feeling? I was hoping you heard something today too, haha - pulling for you buddy!
              Thanks man.......I'm really depending on this job to work out. As far as feedback........the agent to the far right gave me a thumbs up and a "good job" at the end of the SPI........so taking that into consideration, with the answers I gave, one would assume that I passed, but you never know.........looking forward to next week I guess.

              Comment


              • Not that it means anything but it took about a month for me to here after my SPI. I am sure you did well, and hopefully you got high scores to get pushed through to the next step!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                  Nah, nothing.......I know I did well on my SPI, just thought I would of had my results by now, since the first two steps I had my notification on the seventh day.

                  I saw that with some of the June 13 applicants it took them a few weeks to get the COE. My thinking is they want to catch the other applicants that I'm processing with up before they send out COEs.
                  Don't fret about the COE. I took mine on Apr 28th and the agent told me 10-15 business days, which is what it says in the SPI guide on the SS website as well. That would mean the end of next week for me, and by early the following week for you. I know one guy on here got a response within 7 days, but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by saone View Post
                    I too received the BQA notice... This is the third time I have been passed over, and this time I rewrote my resume with very detailed, easy to find sections outlining my experience. I am able to honestly answer the online questions with what I believe are the best or almost the best answers, and my resume supports all categories that I have experience in. The only questions that I must answer "no experience" in are those relating to arresting suspects or working with informants (not sure if those were asked here, I am probably running my 1811 applications together).

                    My background:
                    5 pt Vet (intel)
                    Current fed investigator (1801, trade investigations)
                    B.S. in Econ with Honors

                    At this point I feel like they don't like the way I spell my last name or something.

                    Don't feel bad people not referred to take the test. I have been anticipating and waiting long enough to get in my time with my professional career to add to my resume. I have wanted the 1811 position with this agency for a long time. This was my actual first time applying and everything was submitted to a "T", Yes Selective Service Document/ Transcripts, everything. I even down played my pay grade to GS5 Level. I have a friend in the agency as well. I was not referred but I did fill out and submit my application five hours before it closed. So we shall try this again. Good luck everyone.
                    Last edited by service4others; 05-09-2014, 10:19 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Has anyone hear anything other than being not referred on the most recent announcement?

                      Comment


                      • My status on USA Jobs says they are reviewing resumes.

                        Comment


                        • Yeah, mine says that too.

                          Comment


                          • For the Jan 2014 people. Did anyone's status on USA jobs change after taking the SPI?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by hunterthe4th View Post
                              For the Jan 2014 people. Did anyone's status on USA jobs change after taking the SPI?
                              Mine has said received on usajobs and career connector since the day after the SPI. Before that it said I was scheduled for an interview. What about yours?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
                                Mine has said received on usajobs and career connector since the day after the SPI. Before that it said I was scheduled for an interview. What about yours?
                                The day before my interview it said referred for interview and the day after my interview it changed to your application is under review. Its almost like my FO sent up my paperwork the same day or the day after.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7262 users online. 346 members and 6916 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X