300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sa_applicant View Post
    Does that mean only the top scorers in each step continue on in the process, or is just a way if prioritizing who goes first? Since all of us that are going through the process were deemed "best qualified", it seems you must be "best of the best" to make it though.
    Can we please not start this "best qualified" stuff again. Even if it does or doesn't exist none of us will ever know.

I was told the same thing going through my current Federal job process. Funny thing the 30 of us in my class all had test scores ranging from 70 and 104 and we all applied under the same announcement.

Comment

• Had my SPI this week - no clue how it went as I received very little in the form of verbal/non-verbal feedback (I'm assuming that is purposeful).

As we all are, I'm hoping to hear back sooner rather than later. The waiting game between steps is tough!

Comment

• Just received my invite for the SPI out of the Detroit FO for a date at the end of May.

Comment

• Did anyone else feel like they could have done better at the SPI? Has anyone that passed the SPI felt that they didn't do that well at it?
          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
            Did anyone else feel like they could have done better at the SPI? Has anyone that passed the SPI felt that they didn't do that well at it?
            I should get my COE tomorrow.....seems I get my results about 7 days after an application step......to be honest, if I failed the SPI it would really shock me.

Comment

• Sigh...By the look of these post and questions I can definitely see that its a slow week. BBL

Comment

• Originally posted by bruddah View Post
                There is mandatory protection detail assignment and it will be in DC. Afterwards you can volunteer for protection assignments which I hear can be cool to submit for to have a change up. Those assignments are pretty short. Example would be that POTUS is going to France or Italy and needs a team to go ahead and sweep...submit for a euro experience.

There is a ton of bad information floating around this board. I would say about 50% of what I read is just false. Be careful where you get your information. After your phase I assignment you will do a phase II assignment. This may be a permanent protective assignment on a larger detail in DC, a former detail (like Bush in Dallas or Clinton in NY), or a specialty assignment like the Protective Intel Division (PID), HAMMER, or CAT. Some details are quicker/easier to get to than others. If you want Bush in Dallas, good luck and get in line. Not gonna happen. If you want to be on HAMMER or CAT, get in line. There is a way to "opt out" of a phase II assignment if you're in a giant office like NY or LA but it's at the SAIC's discretion and is, for all intents and purposes, career suicide.

As for other "volunteer" protection, you will most likely be "voluntold" when you are on ROTA and travel is required. Depending on your office, there are instances where you can volunteer for specific trips, and may or may not be selected. Every office operates a little differently. In general, if you do not think you want to work protection, this is absolutely not the job for you.
                Last edited by Trevian; 05-07-2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingArcher View Post
                  Talk to any SS agent and they will tell you that protection is typically required after 5-7 years. You will have to move to the DC area.

With that said, I have heard rumors of exceptions at large field offices, but I don't think anyone should count on that.

If you are going to be a SS agent, you should plan on moving your family at least twice (field office --> DC, DC --> field office).
                  It used to be 4-6 years in phase I and then on to phase II. Now, especially if you are in a larger office, expect to stay there 7-10 years before moving to a phase II assignment. There are always exceptions and some people may go earlier, but that is very rare now. Everything is budget driven and basically there is very little to no money to transfer people around. This has created a backlog of people waiting to transfer off details, etc. and is frankly a pretty enormous problem.
                  Last edited by Trevian; 05-07-2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevian View Post
                    There is a ton of bad information floating around this board. I would say about 50% of what I read is just false. Be careful where you get your information. After your phase I assignment you will do a phase II assignment. This may be a permanent protective assignment on a larger detail in DC, a former detail (like Bush in Dallas or Clinton in NY), or a specialty assignment like the Protective Intel Division (PID), HAMMER, or CAT. Some details are quicker/easier to get to than others. If you want Bush in Dallas, good luck and get in line. Not gonna happen. If you want to be on HAMMER or CAT, get in line. There is a way to "opt out" of a phase II assignment if you're in a giant office like NY or LA but it's at the SAIC's discretion and is, for all intents and purposes, career suicide.

As for other "volunteer" protection, you will most likely be "voluntold" when you are on ROTA and travel is required. Depending on your office, there are instances where you can volunteer for specific trips, and may or may not be selected. Every office operates a little differently. In general, if you do not think you want to work protection, this is absolutely not the job for you.

The info I relayed was from an agent who has put in 18 years and was a quick general answer to my question..no misinformation intended friends. I suppose there may be some glam inserted in the response I posted when I compare it to your more detailed answer. Let's suffice it to say that every agent is fully expected to participate in the dual mission of the agency.
                    The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                    Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                    Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• Originally posted by bruddah View Post
                      The info I relayed was from an agent who has put in 18 years and was a quick general answer to my question..no misinformation intended friends. I suppose there may be some glam inserted in the response I posted when I compare it to your more detailed answer. Let's suffice it to say that every agent is fully expected to participate in the dual mission of the agency.
                      Both of you guy's response are pretty much the same stuff. I was informed from my field office the same information as you guys posted. I think its great that there are people on here sharing what information they have or don't have. Of course there is going to be wrong information handed out because most of us, if not all are not SS SA's. We only have what our field office or buddy of guy that knows a guy that went to school with a SS SA. This will continue to occur unless the Fed's open up their own applicant boards for us to ask questions on.

Comment

• Well no COE today.....maybe tomorrow.....

Comment

• Oh wow, now that there's a lack of fresh intel it seems people will be speculating via the Applicant Underground lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                            Well no COE today.....maybe tomorrow.....
                            +1

Comment

• I know that 1811 gigs aren't all about money, but man I was in my office daydreaming and decided to calculate the salary 1811's make. It is unreal at the promotions that are in line.

By the third year you are looking at 80k and by the forth year you are in the 90k range. So if I get called for a FO then I could possibly double my salary in three years!!!!

I'm so ready for this career change!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
                                I know that 1811 gigs aren't all about money, but man I was in my office daydreaming and decided to calculate the salary 1811's make. It is unreal at the promotions that are in line.

By the third year you are looking at 80k and by the forth year you are in the 90k range. So if I get called for a FO then I could possibly double my salary in three years!!!!

I'm so ready for this career change!!!!
                                With locality and LEAP, if you're in the DC area, after 3 years you'll clear 100k easily. That's just enough to buy a small studio in Dupont Circle lol
                                Last edited by AlwaysReady2000; 05-08-2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9976 users online. 369 members and 9607 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X