300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FEDgirl View Post
    Wondering if any other FO is still awaiting to be scheduled for the SPI after a suspended APAT? I see some others have moved on in the process

USSS-SA
    Applied: 01/2014
    Referred:03/2014
    Test Date: 04/02/2014
    SAEE Passed: 04/08/14
    APAT: 04/23/2014
    APAT SUSPENDED: 04/21/2014
    SPI: ??????
    Still waiting for SPI too. My time line is just like yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
      It's pretty close. You will be filling out the online version of the sf-86 "e-QIP" they call it now. Having a hard copy would be very helpful if you have never had to do one in the past. Also I have no SI inside information. Just how the SF-86 is filled out these days.
      It definitely wasn't e-QUIP for me. I'm not sure about any other 2013 applicants, but it was a PDF file attached in an email they sent me. I had to fill out the entire thing, print it out (100 plus pages), and mail or drop off at the field office.

Funny thing about that was, I am currently a FED LEO and had to redo my security clearance with my current agency about 2 years ago. The form was all online and the information from my last one was in there so there wasn't much to fill out.
      Last edited by NEL006; 05-06-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEL006 View Post
        It definitely wasn't e-QUIP for me. I'm not sure about any other 2013 applicants, but it was a PDF file attached in an email they sent me. I had to fill out the entire thing, print it out (100 plus pages), and mail or drop off at the field office.

Funny thing about that was, I am currently a FED LEO and had to redo my security clearance with my current agency about 2 years ago. The form was all online and the information from my last one was in there so there wasn't much to fill out.
        Same here for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEL006 View Post

Thanks for the update. Upon doing some research on OPM.gov e-qip is used by 90 percent of all Federal Agencies. So the SS must be part of the 10 percent. I do try and give 100 percent accurate information when I post.

Comment

• Plus 1, Poly on Mar 12th.
            USPIS 2011
            US OPM 2009-2011
            US CBP 2007-2009
            USANG 2006
            USMC 2002-2006
            H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
            MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• Deleted by user
              Last edited by Det_sje; 05-06-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Depending on some field offices...I was able to knock out the SI when I turned my 100 plus page personal history packet in. Make sure to contact your FO when delivering your paperwork. There might be a SA there to handle your SI.

All the SI is a quick meeting with a SA where he/she skims over your paperwork, asks a few more questions about your personal history, and then takes fingerprints and your picture.
                Last edited by Officer 959; 05-06-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Went in for the SPI and they allowed me some time afterwards to ask questions off the record. I felt like sitting there for the next half hour and firing away all kinds of questions, but I thought better of it and only asked a few.

Here were the insights most relevant to us here:

1. When I asked about time tables for Jan 2014 pool one agent said that a candidate could expect to be done with the process by December and slated to fill classes in 2015. One of the other agents there said that reporting in September could be possible.

2. Most likely your first assignment will be in a large FO. The agent basically explained the reason for this is that HQ likes to try and keep smaller FOs stocked with agents who have completed their protection detail. He said small FOs were seeing rookies just getting up to speed with he CI only to be shipped out to DC for protection detail. This is not the absolute rule, but you pretty much need to be tight with someone important.

Cheers
                  The Keeper of The Listâ„¢
                  Fan of All Who Receiveth The Callâ„¢
                  Believer in the ~bean Suffix

Comment

• One other thing one of the agents said was interesting. He was describing how each portion of the testing from the SAEE, APAT, and SPI are all given scores and determine where you stand in the pack (even though we only see pass/fail).

Since some of us have had the APAT postponed, I'm sure they have to be doing it a little different this time around. Regardless, ALWAYS bring your A-game to each step!

Comment

• Originally posted by bruddah View Post
                      Went in for the SPI and they allowed me some time afterwards to ask questions off the record. I felt like sitting there for the next half hour and firing away all kinds of questions, but I thought better of it and only asked a few.

Here were the insights most relevant to us here:

1. When I asked about time tables for Jan 2014 pool one agent said that a candidate could expect to be done with the process by December and slated to fill classes in 2015. One of the other agents there said that reporting in September could be possible.

2. Most likely your first assignment will be in a large FO. The agent basically explained the reason for this is that HQ likes to try and keep smaller FOs stocked with agents who have completed their protection detail. He said small FOs were seeing rookies just getting up to speed with he CI only to be shipped out to DC for protection detail. This is not the absolute rule, but you pretty much need to be tight with someone important.

Cheers
                      I was under the impression that you had to volunteer for protection duty?

Comment

• Originally posted by texengland View Post
                        Talk to any SS agent and they will tell you that protection is typically required after 5-7 years. You will have to move to the DC area.

With that said, I have heard rumors of exceptions at large field offices, but I don't think anyone should count on that.

If you are going to be a SS agent, you should plan on moving your family at least twice (field office --> DC, DC --> field office).

Comment

• Originally posted by SterlingArcher View Post
                          Talk to any SS agent and they will tell you that protection is typically required after 5-7 years. You will have to move to the DC area.

With that said, I have heard rumors of exceptions at large field offices, but I don't think anyone should count on that.

If you are going to be a SS agent, you should plan on moving your family at least twice (field office --> DC, DC --> field office).
                          A buddy of mine just finished his 5th year and he just reported to DC for a protection deal. He said the exact same thing. Sometimes, if you get a big enough office, you might be able to stay. I took that to mean huge offices like New York and LA. I guess if you got DC as your first, it might save you some hassel.

Me personally, I would dig going out to Texas and doing the detail for GW. I just imagine that being alot of fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyglenmore View Post
                            Here!
                            Took mine End of Feb, just waiting game now

Comment

• Originally posted by texengland View Post
                              There is mandatory protection detail assignment and it will be in DC. Afterwards you can volunteer for protection assignments which I hear can be cool to submit for to have a change up. Those assignments are pretty short. Example would be that POTUS is going to France or Italy and needs a team to go ahead and sweep...submit for a euro experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruddah View Post
                                One other thing one of the agents said was interesting. He was describing how each portion of the testing from the SAEE, APAT, and SPI are all given scores and determine where you stand in the pack (even though we only see pass/fail).

Since some of us have had the APAT postponed, I'm sure they have to be doing it a little different this time around. Regardless, ALWAYS bring your A-game to each step!
                                Does that mean only the top scorers in each step continue on in the process, or is just a way if prioritizing who goes first? Since all of us that are going through the process were deemed "best qualified", it seems you must be "best of the best" to make it though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7064 users online. 387 members and 6677 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X