300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AirmanRicky View Post
    Have you checked the status of your application? I checked USA Jobs this morning at 12:30 AM and my status changed to There were better qualified applicants. It looks like they were reviewing applications late last night or computers were in charge of the job of reviewing applications.
    Sorry to hear that man, I really do. I've been getting turned down since March of 2012 with the ATF and USMS..........so I know the feeling. This process is the only one I've ever been referred to. Best of luck!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
      Sorry to hear that man, I really do. I've been getting turned down since March of 2012 with the ATF and USMS..........so I know the feeling. This process is the only one I've ever been referred to. Best of luck!!!!
      Thanks brother and good luck to you in the process. How far are you so far? I am currently in the process with the US Marshals and US Customs and Border Protection.

Comment

• No change yet, I've been checking every couple of hours.

Comment

• Same here, I checked a few minutes ago and had the ole better qualified applicants update. Good luck to everyone in the process.

Masters in Criminal Behavior
          11 years LEO
          5 as a SA with the state
          Non-Vet

Comment

• Originally posted by manno332 View Post
            Same here, I checked a few minutes ago and had the ole better qualified applicants update. Good luck to everyone in the process.

Masters in Criminal Behavior
            11 years LEO
            5 as a SA with the state
            Non-Vet
            Something is wrong with the Secret Service. I can't understand how people with advance degree and Law enforcement background are not being referred.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirmanRicky View Post
              Something is wrong with the Secret Service. I can't understand how people with advance degree and Law enforcement background are not being referred.
              It all comes down to how you answer the questions on the application manager. The early not referred emails are computer generated from your initial responses. Selecting you have not been trained in an area is not a good idea, but falsifying is a bad idea too. The ones who pass the computer screening get reviewed by an actual person in HR. If your resume agrees then you get to move forward. Also vet preference helps, but is not a must have. Plus it is a very competitive process.

I would not lose sleep trying to figure out why you were not referred. Just keep applying and adding more detail to your resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
                It all comes down to how you answer the questions on the application manager. The early not referred emails are computer generated from your initial responses. Selecting you have not been trained in an area is not a good idea, but falsifying is a bad idea too. The ones who pass the computer screening get reviewed by an actual person in HR. If your resume agrees then you get to move forward. Also vet preference helps, but is not a must have. Plus it is a very competitive process.

I would not lose sleep trying to figure out why you were not referred. Just keep applying and adding more detail to your resume.
                +1. Qualifications and experience matter to the panel, not as much during the initial review. Unless you're going for a 9 based off of experience... Follow directions to the "T" without any room for an excuse. Did you apply to the right region (where you live/home base vs. where you want to go)? Did you attach the SS card verification as a document? Did you attach nice, clear copies of your transcripts (maybe even ones in color)? Always make life as easy as possible for the HR folks. Especially on these 1811 announcements where they routinely receive thousands of applications. You'd be surprised how many get tripped up on those 3 basic requirements.

When things go south, ask what went wrong and how to improve next time. Don't give up, and don't blame others. Even if others are to blame.

Comment

• Also I noticed a few people said they applied to the most recent announcement on Friday night (at the last minute). I'm pretty sure these announcements cut out applications after a certain amount of people apply even though the open period says otherwise. But then again I may be wrong.

Comment

• I am not trying to figure out why I was not referred because it will be a crazy thing to do when it comes to the Fed. Yes I had attached all the required documents including my transcript and the SS card verification.

Comment

• Well, I haven't received a rejection e-mail yet, but last time I applied it took about 3 months before I found out.

Crap! I did not attach the Selective Service letter document =/ . The application said,

"Please see the vacancy announcement regarding the required supporting documentation. You will only need to submit supporting documentation that is applicable to you."

The job announcement did not list this as a required document, so I did not submit it =\.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jramson View Post
                        Well, I haven't received a rejection e-mail yet, but last time I applied it took about 3 months before I found out.

Crap! I did not attach the Selective Service letter document =/ . The application said,

"Please see the vacancy announcement regarding the required supporting documentation. You will only need to submit supporting documentation that is applicable to you."

The job announcement did not list this as a required document, so I did not submit it =\.
                        Shoot!! I didn't send in SS thing either. What were we supposed to attach ? A scanned copy of the voter registration card?

Comment

• Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
                          Shoot!! I didn't send in SS thing either. What were we supposed to attach ? A scanned copy of the voter registration card?
                          Nope, when you go to the website to look up your selective service number you will see the option to print out the card. I PDFd that and attached it.

Comment

• I too received the BQA notice... This is the third time I have been passed over, and this time I rewrote my resume with very detailed, easy to find sections outlining my experience. I am able to honestly answer the online questions with what I believe are the best or almost the best answers, and my resume supports all categories that I have experience in. The only questions that I must answer "no experience" in are those relating to arresting suspects or working with informants (not sure if those were asked here, I am probably running my 1811 applications together).

My background:
                            5 pt Vet (intel)
                            Current fed investigator (1801, trade investigations)
                            B.S. in Econ with Honors

At this point I feel like they don't like the way I spell my last name or something.
                            Last edited by saone; 05-05-2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Is it too late to go back in and add it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
                                Is it too late to go back in and add it?
                                Honestly, I don't think they will DQ you for not including that as long as you provide you registration number.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8866 users online. 370 members and 8496 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X