300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
      They have a panel that reviews all complete applications "on the shelf" ready to go (i.e. BI complete, home interview done, etc.). Supposedly they then score each applicant and then rank them based on that score. If they have 30 applications and 24 spots at a FLETC class, they will take #1-24. I believe that those selections are then approved by someone at HQ and then the "calls" go out starting at #1 and then through #24 from their local FO. If it goes anything like a military panel, then #1 would be giving more choices in location and #24 would get whatever is left over.

I would also assume that the locations change on a regular basis depending on agent movement, retirement, etc. so I think that accounts for the wide range of FO's available to applicants when they receive "the call". I also heard that they try to give you an FO in the region that you applied out of.

If someone else has a different view, please share it.

If I know government bureaucracy, that makes wayy to much sense.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• The Call

Got the Call! Good luck to all in the process. FLETC in Jan.

Comment

• This post has been deleted
            Last edited by swanny; 01-11-2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Great News! Congrats! Where did they offer you? how long have you been in the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by usmc03 View Post
                Got the Call! Good luck to all in the process. FLETC in Jan.
                Congratulations, can you post your timeline for all of us still in limbo?

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• I am wondering if they actually did meet today.

Comment

• Called HQ today. The lady I spoke with was very very nice and very very helpful! She indicated I was still "in progress"
                      She indicated that there was in fact a hiring panel, but it was for UD. She indicated that she heard rumors that there would be a hiring panel on Monday. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU View Post
                            Has anyone bought that Stew Smith FLETC Workout E-book? What is everyone doing for PT? Any other crossfit or kettlebell swingers out there?

I thought I would post something today for everyone to read because I know I'm not the only one stalking the internet and waiting by the phone.
                            Here's what I do and I'm in pretty good shape.

Weight training 3 days per week. Just find a w/o program you like and stick with it. Just make sure it has variation. But to get better at the PT test, at the end of my strength training session, I go do as many pushups as I can. Usually I can only do about 40 at that time but on the PT test when your fresh you can knock out like 60 pushups in a minute. Same with situps.

Two days a week I'll run. One day working speed work, one day working distance work.

On the speedwork day I'll get on a treadmill or 1/4 mi track, figure what your target 1.5 mile time is (mine is 11:15) Then run one lap below that pace. after the first lap slow to about 1/2 speed for a lap. Then do it again, and again etc.. until the last lap. The last lap I try to all out sprint.

On distance days I will go 5 miles at a comfortable pace.

Comment

• Timeline

This is my approx timeline for anyone interested.

Applied 2/08
                              Initial Interview 2/08
                              TEA 3/08
                              Panel 5/08
                              Medical 5/08
                              Med Follow-ups 6/09
                              Poly 7/08
                              9,10/08 BG/Drug Screen/Home Intv
                              11/08 The Call

Comment

• Talked to an agent today. The Hiring panel is meeting on Thursday (December 11th) From what I got out of it they are filling up the rest of the FLETC class scheduled in January. He told me calls should be going out 12th and 13th. Good Luck to everyone!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6026 users online. 354 members and 5672 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X