300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bruddah View Post
    That could be a tough recovery in the workplace if things didn't pan out for some reason...
    I agree, that is going to be my situation when and if I tell them, "Hey, I have an agent from the Secret Service coming to do my background investigation".

I can only imagine the mouth I gotta hear after he or she leaves my office. I hope they wont fire me!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer 963 View Post
      Nothing here either buddy, my friend received orders for the June class already. I believe school for us sounds more like a possibility in September.
      What was the date for the class and location offers? Everyone's "friends" are getting the call. Sux for the board members.

Comment

• question: Do you need a college degree for SA? Got buddy who wants to apply who has investigative experience but no degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by 06871983 View Post
          question: Do you need a college degree for SA? Got buddy who wants to apply who has investigative experience but no degree.
          No, you don't need it, but if you want to be consider on a even playing field I would say yes you NEED the degree.

I applied in June 13 with 6 months left of school and 4 years of investigative experience, non vet and I was not referred.

I applied in January 14 with my degree in hand and I was referred.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronc_smith View Post
            What was the date for the class and location offers? Everyone's "friends" are getting the call. Sux for the board members.
            He had three choices, New York, New Jersey, and LA. He is starting his class in June. I am still waiting for my medical. He was in the process before the hiring freeze.

Comment

He had three choices, New York, New Jersey, and LA. He is starting his class in June. I am still waiting for my medical. He was in the process before the hiring freeze.
              Do they offer you your choice of assignments when they give you a firm offer? If so that's good on their part, I know some agencies who assign you after you graduate training. Mobility agreement FTW.

Comment

• They will call you and say, do you want the job at GS 7 or 9, whichever you're offered.

You say yes.

They say we have 1, 2, or 3 locations for you to choose from, depending on how lucky you are.

Depending on the time crunch, you may have to say yes or no on the spot, but they will most likely give you several days to decide the location.

Comment

Officer 963...If you don't mind me asking, what City, or region is your buddy processing from? Just trying to get an idea of how the USSS took into account his current location vs where the USSS just needed to fill a spot.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by accountingguy View Post
                    Officer 963...If you don't mind me asking, what City, or region is your buddy processing from? Just trying to get an idea of how the USSS took into account his current location vs where the USSS just needed to fill a spot.

Thanks!
                    Here's the analysis:
                    Where they need to fill spots - 100% importance.
                    Where you're from or want to live - 0% importance.

Comment

I know june, I was trying to pin down exact class date. Also when you say before hiring freeze, are you meaning he applied at the June 2013 announcement?

Comment

• First time posting but I have been reading for a while. I'm processing through the NYC FO

Applied 01/2014
                        SAEE 03/26/2014
                        APAT 04/18/2014
                        SPI 05/09/2014
                        Applied 01/2014
                        SAEE 03/26/2014
                        APAT 04/18/2014
                        SPI 05/09/2014
                        COE (GL-9) 05/20/2014
                        SI 06/06/2014

Comment

• Just submitted my application. Now, time to forget I applied and let the waiting begin! ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by jwmyers2s View Post
                            Just submitted my application. Now, time to forget I applied and let the waiting begin! ha!
                            Just submitted mine as well. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwmyers2s View Post
                              Just submitted my application. Now, time to forget I applied and let the waiting begin! ha!
                              It moves a lot faster than you think
                              Applied 01/2014
                              SAEE 03/26/2014
                              APAT 04/18/2014
                              SPI 05/09/2014
                              COE (GL-9) 05/20/2014
                              SI 06/06/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bill View Post
                                It moves a lot faster than you think
                                I second that statement, I am wondering if phase 2 (security phase) will move just as fast?????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11455 users online. 414 members and 11041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X