300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
    Wow, that is disheartening. Hope the best for you otherwise. What region are you processing out of and did they offer you 1-3 locations within that region?

Thanks and best regards!
    They offered two in the region. I couldn't make either happen in the time frame. Good luck.

Comment

• Hey there guys, I am in the process of completing the USSS-UD hiring process. However, I just checked USAJOBS, and there are openings for the USSS-SA position from today until Friday. Would it hurt me to apply for the SA position, even though I am knee-deep in the UD process? ( I am/would be processing out of the Memphis, TN FO.)

Also, I will be getting my B.S. in 23 days, is the degree requirement needed by the time the application closes? I have heard different things from different sources.
      USSS-UD
      Applied: 3/25/14
      Referred: 4/16/14
      APAT: Cancelled
      SPI: 5/20/2014
      COE: 6/28/2014

Comment

• Originally posted by erFTW View Post
        Hey there guys, I am in the process of completing the USSS-UD hiring process. However, I just checked USAJOBS, and there are openings for the USSS-SA position from today until Friday. Would it hurt me to apply for the SA position, even though I am knee-deep in the UD process? ( I am/would be processing out of the Memphis, TN FO.)

Also, I will be getting my B.S. in 23 days, is the degree requirement needed by the time the application closes? I have heard different things from different sources.
        One of the gentlemen at the SAEE I took last week was a college senior who was also in the UD process. Definitely the youngest person there, but hey, it is possible.

My advice is apply. Let them decide. Certainly can't hurt you.

Comment

• Originally posted by erFTW View Post
          Hey there guys, I am in the process of completing the USSS-UD hiring process. However, I just checked USAJOBS, and there are openings for the USSS-SA position from today until Friday. Would it hurt me to apply for the SA position, even though I am knee-deep in the UD process? ( I am/would be processing out of the Memphis, TN FO.)

As long as you complete your bachelor degree within six months from when the announcement closes then your degree counts. OPM policy. If someone doesn't believe me call them, that is what they told me.
          Last edited by liberty82; 04-30-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Lets get a role call for all those who applied to the June 2013 announcement and who has not heard anything since taking the polygraph in Jan/Feb/March.

Comment

• I just applied to today's announcement. Quick question. When asked for education to date, should I put 4 years college or Bachelor's Degree? Since on this date, I don't have the degree, but will on 5/17. Just don't want to potentially trip myself up. I'm applying based on a B.S. and SAA (3.93 cumulative GPA/4.0 in major).
              USSS-UD

Comment

• Originally posted by John Julian View Post
                Lets get a role call for all those who applied to the June 2013 announcement and who has not heard anything since taking the polygraph in Jan/Feb/March.
                Nothing here. Took poly April 1st. Spoke to human capital and stated that my application is still under review.

Comment

• [QUOTE=erFTW;3457732]I just applied to today's announcement. Quick question. When asked for education to date, should I put 4 years college or Bachelor's Degree? Since on this date, I don't have the degree, but will on 5/17. Just don't want to potentially trip myself up. I'm applying based on a B.S. and SAA (3.93 cumulative GPA/4.0 in major).[/QUOT]

To be 100 percent covered call the number on the announcement. The number goes to there HR department.
                  Last edited by liberty82; 04-30-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the information, liberty82. Just fixed my app to say Bachelor's Degree. And now comes the wait for a potential referral. The USSS must be in a rush to get in new UD/SA's with all these announcements. I'm not complaining though.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, I'll call tomorrow just to make sure.
                    Last edited by erFTW; 04-30-2014, 08:27 PM.
                    USSS-UD

Comment

• Originally posted by John Julian View Post
                      Lets get a role call for all those who applied to the June 2013 announcement and who has not heard anything since taking the polygraph in Jan/Feb/March.
                      Took mine Feb 26...no word yet

Comment

• Originally posted by oifvet159 View Post
                        Took mine Feb 26...no word yet
                        Wow! Thats a long time. I also took mine on the 26. I've completed my medical and my background is underway. Did you call HQ? It won't hurt to call and inquire.

Comment

• Took mine 7MAR14, still no word.

Comment

• Interviewed today..........feeling good about it.

Comment

• Jun 2013 applicant here. Took poly in April. Applied to the previous announcement, took poly, and the announcement was canceled. Let hope that history does not repeat itself. Would love to get a class sometime this year.

Comment

• What are you guys background? I applied twice and both times I received a not qualified e-mail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6108 users online. 336 members and 5772 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X