300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application question

I am new to the forum, and I just wanted to throw my question out there to see if anyone could give any advice. After looking through a lot of the posts, I can tell there are a lot of knowledgable people on this forum. Anyways, I am currently wanting to put my application in for SA, but I am a little worried about not having all the requirments... I have been waiting my whole life to apply for the USSS, so I am defenitely wanting to do this right the first time. I am a very fit 23 year old, a state certified firefighter (4 years of volunteer experience), a nationalally registered emergency medical technician (5 years of paid/volunteer esperience), have worked in county level corrections as a corrections officer for 4 years now, and am three semesters away from graduating with a bachelor's in CJ. I know I am a little further away from graduating than the USSS likes, but I figure that the process has been really long lately. I was hoping that my basic experience would help as well. I would appreciate any advice given.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureAgent001 View Post
      Sounds to me that you'll be fine. I was told at the end of mine that I "most likely would not be continuing on in the process" and a month later found out I passed. Don't worry about it. Everyone feels terrible and uneasy after the poly; you're supposed to feel that way apparently
      That makes me feel pretty good about it now. Thanks. And thanks to all those that have responded with similar remarks. We are not supposed to talk specifics of the polygraph but I wish I could to see if some of you felt as stumped as I did on certain questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureSA View Post
        I am new to the forum, and I just wanted to throw my question out there to see if anyone could give any advice. After looking through a lot of the posts, I can tell there are a lot of knowledgable people on this forum. Anyways, I am currently wanting to put my application in for SA, but I am a little worried about not having all the requirments... I have been waiting my whole life to apply for the USSS, so I am defenitely wanting to do this right the first time. I am a very fit 23 year old, a state certified firefighter (4 years of volunteer experience), a nationalally registered emergency medical technician (5 years of paid/volunteer esperience), have worked in county level corrections as a corrections officer for 4 years now, and am three semesters away from graduating with a bachelor's in CJ. I know I am a little further away from graduating than the USSS likes, but I figure that the process has been really long lately. I was hoping that my basic experience would help as well. I would appreciate any advice given.
        First congratulations on being so far along in your career develpment. You are way ahead of the game at 23 years old.

Now regarding your question, I have not had any contact, agent or applicant, with anyone not around the age of 30. I'd say 27 is probably the youngest I've personally met. But that doesn't mean it can't happen and I would apply if you want to find out for sure.

But honestly, at your age, what I would really do is go work for a local PD or SO for about 3 years, then apply. I think you would be a shoe in after that.

Just what I've seen. Lots of ex cops that are agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by England View Post
          First congratulations on being so far along in your career develpment. You are way ahead of the game at 23 years old.

Now regarding your question, I have not had any contact, agent or applicant, with anyone not around the age of 30. I'd say 27 is probably the youngest I've personally met. But that doesn't mean it can't happen and I would apply if you want to find out for sure.

But honestly, at your age, what I would really do is go work for a local PD or SO for about 3 years, then apply. I think you would be a shoe in after that.

Just what I've seen. Lots of ex cops that are agents.
          I'm a lot younger than 27 and waiting on the hiring panel. I'm the youngest in the process that I know of as well I have been reminded of my age many times throughout the process, apparently it is not common as you mentioned.
          Last edited by FutureAgent001; 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• This post has been deleted
            Last edited by swanny; 01-11-2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• This post has been deleted
              Last edited by swanny; 01-11-2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Thank you everybody for your input!!! I hope to at least apply for SA when my basic requirements are met(regardless of my age). If I do not get it, I would not mind getting a lower level job somewhere in the fed. government until I could make SA. Since working for a fairly descent sized S.O. for the past 4 years, I have been really turned off by working as a peace officer in local governments. Thats just me though... I hope to have some governement job lined up by the time I graduate in 3 semesters. Thanks again for the advice!

Comment

• Does anyone have any suggestions for where to get the ARCO TEA Study Guide? I have checked EVERYWHERE that I can think of and nobody has one. I have ordered one from eCampus.com, but I ordered it on Nov 7 and they are still saying that can't get it. I'm not scheduled for the test yet, but I want to go ahead and study just in case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
                    Does anyone have any suggestions for where to get the ARCO TEA Study Guide? I have checked EVERYWHERE that I can think of and nobody has one. I have ordered one from eCampus.com, but I ordered it on Nov 7 and they are still saying that can't get it. I'm not scheduled for the test yet, but I want to go ahead and study just in case.
                    Check your local library. I got mine there. It was a few years old, but it was ARCO and still had relative study material.
                    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                      Check your local library. I got mine there. It was a few years old, but it was ARCO and still had relative study material.
                      I checked throughout the county library system and they don't have it. If you look on Amazon or Ebay people are trying to sell this book for $420. What is going on? Would anyone here be willing to sell me theirs or at the very least loan it to me?

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Last edited by OSU; 02-19-2009, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
                          I checked throughout the county library system and they don't have it. If you look on Amazon or Ebay people are trying to sell this book for $420. What is going on? Would anyone here be willing to sell me theirs or at the very least loan it to me?
                          Yeah, I felt that finding the book was the hardest part of the process. Seems like we went through the same scavenger hunt. Can't believe it wasn't at the library.

Comment

• Half.com

Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post

Comment

• ************************************************** ****
                              Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:36 AM. Reason: del

Comment

• ************************************************** **
                                Last edited by forresde1; 02-20-2009, 11:36 AM. Reason: del

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9447 users online. 337 members and 9110 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X