300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello GettingFED,

What region are you out of? I am in the Southeast, SC to be exact. Mine's says the samething. I check at least once a week on the status, trying to push it to the back of my mind so I don't go stir crazy. I know I am qualified: was scheduled for test but couldn't make it because I schedule my backup the day off.
    Hopefully I will get referred this go around.

Comment

• Just got the "no thanks" email for the latest SA opening.

My status had read "you will be notified by email", so for those of you in that position, you may see something soon.

Good luck to all in the process!

Comment

• lhpgal959 - I selected the NYC/NJ/PA/DC area. I hope we get referred for this announcement. I hope they give us the chance to take the exam.

Comment

• to all polygraph testers... is it common practice to have an electric floor heater turned on facing you, the tester, during your polygraph? Is there a reason for it or is it to make the tester unease about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by agent05 View Post
            to all polygraph testers... is it common practice to have an electric floor heater turned on facing you, the tester, during your polygraph? Is there a reason for it or is it to make the tester unease about it?
            I had the heater turned on and facing me as well. It could be a tactic, or the tester could be trying to melt the ice in his veins lol just kidding. I understand that you are upset that you failed the poly, but by the way you described it, the examiner may have thought you were attempting countermeasures. I tested in SA and I might have had the same polygrapher as you. before the test, he very sternly warned me about countermeasures and if he detected them he would stop the test at a moments notice. Luckily for me I did everything he told me to and passed. I understand that the USSS may be a dream job and failing the poly sucks, but keep trying when they open up again. If you are legitimately concerned about the polygraphers tactics and believe you were discriminated against than submit a form through human capital. Best of luck to you in the future.

Comment

• I'm not upset at anyone.... I've come to realize it if was meant to be it was meant to be. I answered truthfully, honestly, and if I didn't pass it must have been for a reason that only the man upstairs knows why. Knowing I did my best and did it right now leaves me with peace of mind. Of course at the time you don't expect to hear you failed but now that people have chimed in on their polygraph test then I realize the test is not really 100% accurate and even truly honest people fail when they have no reason to fail. If serial killers and spies have passed polygraphs in the past, then it shouldn't come as a surprise that honest individuals fail either. It's not really a 100% fool proof instrument. I will definitely apply later on... if they allow me

Comment

• Originally posted by Echo_Romeo_Oscar View Post
                Medical and home visit done. BI nearly complete and packet soon to be on its way to hiring panel in D.C. Best of luck to all June 13' applicants still in the running. To all Jan 14' applicants, stay motivated!
                I know him^^^ Haha c'mon hiring panel!

Originally posted by saone View Post
                Just got the "no thanks" email for the latest SA opening.

My status had read "you will be notified by email", so for those of you in that position, you may see something soon.

Good luck to all in the process!
                Saone, you are one positive dude. Keep fighting and eventually you'll get there. I'm cheering for ya! We've been posting on the same threads for a while.

Originally posted by agent05 View Post
                to all polygraph testers... is it common practice to have an electric floor heater turned on facing you, the tester, during your polygraph? Is there a reason for it or is it to make the tester unease about it?
                Wow, my poly was 5 hours and I thought that was bad. I was hungry, cold and my hand kept turning purple. However, no heater. Thats sounds terrible. Best to you and hopefully you can reapply or get in somewhere else.

Btw-I'm a June 2013 applicant, done with the medical and at the tail end of the background.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post
                  Saone, you are one positive dude. Keep fighting and eventually you'll get there. I'm cheering for ya! We've been posting on the same threads for a while.
                  Thanks man, I try to keep a good attitude about these hiring shenanigans.

Now that you mention it, we have been posting on these boards for awhile -USMS in particular. I feel like 2014 is the year it will happen for me, just not sure with which agency LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Jdub801 View Post

Btw-I'm a June 2013 applicant, done with the medical and at the tail end of the background.
                    I am a June 2013 SA applicant. Took my poly Feb 26 in DC, had the space heater the entire time, 5 hour long polygraph. Was told by the polygrapher "I didnt fail, but I am seeing responses"....Still have not heard anything...

Comment

• Originally posted by oifvet159 View Post
                      I am a June 2013 SA applicant. Took my poly Feb 26 in DC, had the space heater the entire time, 5 hour long polygraph. Was told by the polygrapher "I didnt fail, but I am seeing responses"....Still have not heard anything...
                      I also took mine in DC February 21 but I am out of the Richmond field office. I have yet to take my medical and was informed by HR they are trying to complete the UD class this month prior to continuing the SA process.

Comment

• Originally posted by saone View Post
                        Thanks man, I try to keep a good attitude about these hiring shenanigans.

Now that you mention it, we have been posting on these boards for awhile -USMS in particular. I feel like 2014 is the year it will happen for me, just not sure with which agency LOL
                        2014 is definitely the year!!

Originally posted by oifvet159 View Post
                        No news is great news in this circumstance. I'll say it again, the poly was awful. Even worse for those with the heater. Keep the faith!

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer 963 View Post
                          I also took mine in DC February 21 but I am out of the Richmond field office. I have yet to take my medical and was informed by HR they are trying to complete the UD class this month prior to continuing the SA process.
                          I am processing out of Richmond as well, and they told me the same thing...two weeks ago

Comment

• Originally posted by oifvet159 View Post
                            I am processing out of Richmond as well, and they told me the same thing...two weeks ago
                            Cool, well I found out today there is only 3 of us left. I also found out there working on my background and I have yet to complete my medical. I know they are trying to complete are process. We should keep in touch so we can update each other.

Comment

• Dear Forum-

This is my first time through the USAJobs process (so bear with me if this is a dumb question!) and I just wanted to confirm if possible....

The only place I saw to "upload" a resume was on the USAJobs site, and not on the CareerConnector site. Is that correct? So the resume I have posted through USAJobs would be attached to my USSS application right? I was just hoping I didn't overlook something during the initial application. I saw on career connector where you upload various supporting documents, but not a spot for a resume.

Thanks for any help and I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Echo_Romeo_Oscar View Post
                                Medical and home visit done. BI nearly complete and packet soon to be on its way to hiring panel in D.C. Best of luck to all June 13' applicants still in the running. To all Jan 14' applicants, stay motivated!
                                Echo_Romeo_Oscar (and anyone else who has had the home visit): was the home visit more a discussion about life in the USSS, or was it an inspection of your home (i.e. every room in your residence) to see how you live? What, if any, preparation did you do? Thanks...I appreciate it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9717 users online. 212 members and 9505 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X